Raytheon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Raytheon Employee Reviews

My team was great to work within, productive and challenging. The company overall is good, with interest in long term projects with the Australian Defence Industry.
A very competitive work culture, which neither respects or rewards hard work unless it’s by design. It’s very much a ‘Corporate’ culture, which doesn’t deliver money-for-value or respect the cultural values of its only customer. It’s more the McDonald’s of defence, if that’s what you like.
Pros
Steady short term contracts
Cons
No real long term careers
My Raytheon manager always told me this is a great company to begin and end with. I agree with his sentiment. If you are looking to start in this field, it's fantastic to mentor you to success. Yet, if you want to get promoted and be given better pay increases; leave them for a few years for a few promotions and pay bumps before returning.
Good place to work but need to get away from the military mindset and operate more as a business. Managers are understanding and provide a flexible work environment.
I enjoyed my time there immensely. The work was varied and exciting. Courses being written were designed to help Telstra Technicians in the the filed and I enjoyed doing this very much
It was a great experience working with Raytheon in automotive training division. I wish I had worked more but the contract with client expired after 2 years. Great working culture, employee support, benefits and overall a beautiful organisation.
Focussed on the task at hand. Cooperative team. Greatest part of the job was working with a multi-national, multi-disciplinary team. Very professional work colleagues.
Every day is full of challenge and achievement. I learned about High Performance Teams. Data Management and the use of SharePoint. Management was excellent and supportive at all times. Most enjoyment was the challenge of meeting deadlines and recognition of work achievements.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Do not support remote working (telecommuting)
Enjoyed my job, didn't like the harassment that I received from other Raytheon employees. Poor management and I would not recommend working at Raytheon.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Raytheon?
As I work on a contract basis no two days are the same. I am contracted to one account therefore cannot really comment on Raytheon's workplace culture. A typical day is working at one of the account's varied sites and to facilitate/delivery training to staff which includes field staff, office personnel, team leaders and management. The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety which it brings and the opportunity to meet new people and make a difference to their work lives.
Pros
Travelling to a variety of locations
Cons
None really
A totally professional place to work, all resources required are readily available. Coupled with a great team of co workers makes working here a pleasure.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Defense contractors can be very bogged down in process. Raytheon has a culture focused in outcomes for the customer rather than turning the crank of process.
Cons
Long hours, lunch time is to be in your own time
Great company to work for - encouraged learning new roles. very good to staff with regular lunches and yearly outings. Opportunity to work on Garden Island was brilliant!
NIL to report, wasn't a bad place to work- Got on well with both USG and AUSG. Staff friendly, atmosphere pretty good. Perks OK
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Work place is busy and interesting Learned about Project management and systems engineering management local managers are really hard to relate to Most co workers are excellent hardest part of the job was constant changing of my position unable to settle into a position as I kept being moved to assist other that where not capable of completing their tasks, putting up with local managers attitudes.
Decent company to work for and specially for those starting off their careers. However it is difficult to grow professionally and the company politics and such will get in the way of promotions and raises. Top talent typically leaves after 5 years.
Cons
Not many opportunities to further career.
Well informed about how the company performs and what projects are coming up. Company supported me to complete my Diploma in Quality Management.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No opportunities for career advancement
Sitting all day at computer not too hard, learnt the ins and outs of management, management were not there to back the workers. Co workers were all the same and in the same boat. Hardest part of the job was meeting unrealistic targets set by management. therefore the most enjoyable part of the job was going home after work due to the lack of management understanding.
Pros
Comfortable workplace with some benefits
Cons
lack of support from management or card for the real workers
Great place to work yet job security is a worry as well as very hard and near impossible to move up the ladder. Lack the benifit for any training to staff.
Pros
facilities offered to staff
Cons
No training or career devolopment
Secure job if required with benefits we had 15 diesel generator sets in the power station, compressors, cooling towers etc all good equipment to work on, we had a payed air fare to any capitol city per year
Typical day is to check previous days error log, engineering logs, discrepancy reports, scheduled maintenance activities and e-mails. Learned about NETWORK Management and administration, Windows environments and SAN storage. Most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day challenges.
Pros
Stable work environment.
Cons
Location is in the middle of Australia. Very remote.
  1. Employee Reviews