Rebel Employee Reviews

Great casual job
Customer Service/Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW19 February 2019
Unloading stock and preparing stock for the store.
Ticket pricing. Great casual job, friendly co-workers and managers.
Close to home and flexible working hours.
Enjoy greeting and helping customer with their questions and choice of purchase.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Short hours
Good work environment, friendly team and amazing work perks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW13 February 2019
Working with amazing people. Good work perks and career advancement if you choose to pursue a career in retail. Customers are never great but if you have a supportive team, it will definitely make work a lot easier.
Pros
Flexible hrs. Discounts. Working with good people
Cons
Standing on your feet all day and dealing with rude customers
Sporting and Leisure Retailer
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC3 February 2019
Sports store chain with a range of products across sport and recreation. Company was good in sending Management level staff on product knowledge conferences to identify and purchase new product lines for the store.
Not a bad place for retail work.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach gold coast29 January 2019
In terms of retail work this is probably one of the better places that i have worked. Co workers where fun to be around and social. It had the right mix of professionalism and yet still being a social work environment. One downside for me was some of the management team could sometimes come across as passive aggressive rather then just being direct if something was wrong.
Great people. Company beliefs average
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC12 January 2019
Leadership teams not consistent. But culture within stores strong. Good for people after first jobs and shirt career experience. Policies are fair and benefits are ok
worked with great people it always had a fun and friendly atmosphere
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD5 January 2019
The work place was very enjoyable as the staff were respected and treated well. A typical day at work would start with a group meeting and after that I would busy until my shift finished. the hardest part of the job was swapping from different areas of the shop each shift but after I got in to the routine the most enjoyable part was learning about all the different store items.
Great experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Glendale NSW10 November 2018
I worked in every department. They trusted me to take on any role given. I worked both front of house and back of house duties. My main work focus was back of house which I loved. it was very hands on and great work. I was very enthusiastic to take on as much responsibility as I could. all my co workers were extremely friendly, and we all supported each other. we all got along very well. My manager was very reliable and easy going. She explained things well and gave clear instructions.
Pros
discounts, friendly staff
Cons
a bit unorganised
Customer centric, fast-paced atmosphere, friendly team and management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hornsby NSW18 September 2018
Rebel is a fast-paced, customer centric company where the customer's experience is our main focus.
A typical day consists of handling customer issues, processing cash and card payments, processing stock, picking and packing online orders, overseeing the team on any given shift, conducting daily morning meetings and meeting sales targets and KPI's.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with a very friendly and helpful team.
great benefits management needs major construction
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 September 2018
good benefits however management care very little about your life outside work - as a full time or part time you are required to work all hours and public holidays while casuals can take lots of time off during blackout etc. very disorganized, different guidelines from head office and store management so very confusing no communication between corporate all stores do things differently very inconsistent
Pros
good discount
Cons
management is shocking
Opinion on working at Rebel Sport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW6 September 2018
A typical day at work is normal as they allow you to work in different departments. I've learnt many things during my time there such as working in the different departments such as hard goods and footwear along with working at the registers. The management is nice to their employees as the employees are generous to one another. The workplace is an ok environment to work in even though the store is small. The hardest part of the job is my travel to work as it can take up to 45 minutes to drive to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to engage with customers and help them out with what they need.
Pros
Engaging employees
Cons
Travel time
my job at rebel sport
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW3 August 2018
i am so grateful for my job, i work with the most amazing people in the most amazing environment. rebel sports is a ideal job as it is an all rounder job. i have been working here for nearly a year and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. i recommend it for anyone and everyone with a strong passion for sport and fitness.
Pros
amazing environment
Cons
no cons
Customer Liaison/Service, Register, Stock (Former Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC8 July 2018
A typical day at Rebel was helping costmers find what they needed, this meant helping with shoe sizes, clothing and also contacting other stores if we did not have a product in store. My time at rebel i learnt so much, this ranged from learning about how shoes support feet and also learning about clothing and merging. The hardest part about this job was dealing with costumers stealing and being aggressive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team bonding that we had at meetings and during shifts.
Cons
change of work hours
Fun Culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cairns City QLD4 July 2018
Everyone was fun to work around and had time to teach others who were new at the job and enjoyed what they were doing. Everyone got along well with eachother.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Enjoyable place to work despite poor head office suport
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Greensborough VIC17 June 2018
The culture and enjoyment of working at Rebel Sport, used to be present but an undercutting by Senior Head Office 'Support', of new competitors influence on the ever changing sports retail market, only applied greater pressure of managers and this had a trickle down effect to floor staff. Having a poor wage allocation ensured that resources weren't able to be allocated to meet the same expectations held previously, prior to competitors influence,
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor wage allocation
Good Workplace, Poor job security
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 May 2018
Came on as a Christmas casual on a short term contract and was let off after that. Otherwise good staff and work environment. Training was provided and very useful.
Pros
Great Management, Great staff benefits.
Cons
Some staff can be a little up themselves and think themselves as above everyone else.
Not a bad place to work, don’t be surprised if you don’t get any shifts though
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 May 2018
Have worked at Rebel for over 7 years, have gone through 2 different store managers and 6 floor managers. If you’re favoured by the staff member doing the rosters than you’ll get plenty of shifts. Harassment claims get swept under the carpet, and there is zero accountability for managers or full timers when they make mistakes, but make sure you don’t make any as a casual. You’ll pay for it. Overall, if you enjoy a decent discount on sports clothing and equipment, but do not think you’ll get a lot of shifts or reliable income.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No shifts, lack of reliability, no accountability, political
Productive and good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  WERRIBEE MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA1 May 2018
Working at rebel makes sure that employees are safe, they have a good corporate culture and is fun to work with. I enjoyed being apart of the team. I learned many things such as processing, labelling, packing and stacking.
Fufilling and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW18 April 2018
I found the work very fulfilling at Amart sports, which was only made better by the shared enthusiasm of the people that I was working with. Every day was fun and enjoyable.
fun environment
Team Sales Member (Current Employee) –  Liverpool NSW30 March 2018
Busy during holiday periods yet very fun with a great team and business culture. Great learning path for people looking to make a career in retail and move up.
amart/rebel
Casual Sales (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD6 March 2018
work was busy most of the time though I found it easy to learn off all the staff and managers it was fun to learn new things and skills, I became more comfortable with working at different intensity's at work as well as talking to customers. I got along with customers well and staff as well as all the managers.
Pros
good lunch break times
Cons
not enough hours or no hours at all or way to long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rebel. Our community is ready to answer.