Rebel Employee Reviews

Good work culture and efficient operations
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Australia15 May 2019
Sales in various departments including exercise, and footwear. Merchandising products and dealing with customer requests both on site and over the phone.
Political Company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW12 May 2019
Working for rebel is more about who is a personal favourite of the store manager.

You could be getting the highest sales on the shop floor and the highest net promoter score from customers - but dont you dare call in sick.

If you upset the store manager by calling sick, be prepared to lose all your shifts for the next couple of days.

Complain to the regional manager, and be prepared to lose all your shifts for the next couple of weeks.

Rebel Sport isn't about serving your customers. It's about keeping your head afloat so you can pay the family bills.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
unstable hours as a casual
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD9 May 2019
A typical day at Rebel would be serving customers, taking sizes off coat hangers, tidying the shirt table, sizing clothing, answering phone calls and etc. I learned that Rebel is a very busy and growing place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give customers the best service that welcomes them back.
Great team of energetic people.
Full Time Sales Assistant at Rebel Sport (Current Employee) –  Rundle Mall SA27 April 2019
While working for Rebel Rundle Mall, I made some great friends. The team are fun, engaging, interesting and outgoing people, that make it an incredible place to work.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Physical divide between departments of the store
Political company poor culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 April 2019
Highly political company with a toxic culture.

Working for rebel is more about “who” you know rather then performance or results.

Right from store management to regional managers to team if you get along with the “right” people your safe.

All the “safe” team get away with anything they want all while everyone else is fair game or a scapegoat.

The company is slowly going down the drain with their heads in the sand, and if you ever dare speak out or offer constructive criticism your shut down immediately.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Toxic culture
Productive fun work place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC9 April 2019
As working Rebel In a short period ( 2 weeks ) as I did work experience their , I enjoyed it a lot , Rebel sports allowed me to gain many skills with customers, production of products and how to work in teams or individually.
Pros
Friendly staff
Work placement
marketing and upselling (Former Employee) –  Northland Shopping Centre VIC1 April 2019
My position at rebel sport was a work placement position. I learnt a lot of different skills and attributes at Rebel Sport. The staff were amazing there. In this time my customer service skills improved rapidly. This was because of the customers I worked with during my time.
fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Eastgardens NSW20 February 2019
did work experience here, extremely nice and helpful staff, good wworkplace culture.
Helped me with my customer service skills, gave me ataste of what it would be like to work in retail.
Great casual job
Customer Service/Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW19 February 2019
Unloading stock and preparing stock for the store.
Ticket pricing. Great casual job, friendly co-workers and managers.
Close to home and flexible working hours.
Enjoy greeting and helping customer with their questions and choice of purchase.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Short hours
Good work environment, friendly team and amazing work perks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW13 February 2019
Working with amazing people. Good work perks and career advancement if you choose to pursue a career in retail. Customers are never great but if you have a supportive team, it will definitely make work a lot easier.
Pros
Flexible hrs. Discounts. Working with good people
Cons
Standing on your feet all day and dealing with rude customers
Sporting and Leisure Retailer
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC3 February 2019
Sports store chain with a range of products across sport and recreation. Company was good in sending Management level staff on product knowledge conferences to identify and purchase new product lines for the store.
Not a bad place for retail work.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach gold coast29 January 2019
In terms of retail work this is probably one of the better places that i have worked. Co workers where fun to be around and social. It had the right mix of professionalism and yet still being a social work environment. One downside for me was some of the management team could sometimes come across as passive aggressive rather then just being direct if something was wrong.
Great people. Company beliefs average
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC12 January 2019
Leadership teams not consistent. But culture within stores strong. Good for people after first jobs and shirt career experience. Policies are fair and benefits are ok
worked with great people it always had a fun and friendly atmosphere
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD5 January 2019
The work place was very enjoyable as the staff were respected and treated well. A typical day at work would start with a group meeting and after that I would busy until my shift finished. the hardest part of the job was swapping from different areas of the shop each shift but after I got in to the routine the most enjoyable part was learning about all the different store items.
Great experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Glendale NSW10 November 2018
I worked in every department. They trusted me to take on any role given. I worked both front of house and back of house duties. My main work focus was back of house which I loved. it was very hands on and great work. I was very enthusiastic to take on as much responsibility as I could. all my co workers were extremely friendly, and we all supported each other. we all got along very well. My manager was very reliable and easy going. She explained things well and gave clear instructions.
Pros
discounts, friendly staff
Cons
a bit unorganised
Customer centric, fast-paced atmosphere, friendly team and management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hornsby NSW18 September 2018
Rebel is a fast-paced, customer centric company where the customer's experience is our main focus.
A typical day consists of handling customer issues, processing cash and card payments, processing stock, picking and packing online orders, overseeing the team on any given shift, conducting daily morning meetings and meeting sales targets and KPI's.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with a very friendly and helpful team.
great benefits management needs major construction
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 September 2018
good benefits however management care very little about your life outside work - as a full time or part time you are required to work all hours and public holidays while casuals can take lots of time off during blackout etc. very disorganized, different guidelines from head office and store management so very confusing no communication between corporate all stores do things differently very inconsistent
Pros
good discount
Cons
management is shocking
Opinion on working at Rebel Sport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW6 September 2018
A typical day at work is normal as they allow you to work in different departments. I've learnt many things during my time there such as working in the different departments such as hard goods and footwear along with working at the registers. The management is nice to their employees as the employees are generous to one another. The workplace is an ok environment to work in even though the store is small. The hardest part of the job is my travel to work as it can take up to 45 minutes to drive to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to engage with customers and help them out with what they need.
Pros
Engaging employees
Cons
Travel time
my job at rebel sport
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW3 August 2018
i am so grateful for my job, i work with the most amazing people in the most amazing environment. rebel sports is a ideal job as it is an all rounder job. i have been working here for nearly a year and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. i recommend it for anyone and everyone with a strong passion for sport and fitness.
Pros
amazing environment
Cons
no cons
Customer Liaison/Service, Register, Stock (Former Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC8 July 2018
A typical day at Rebel was helping costmers find what they needed, this meant helping with shoe sizes, clothing and also contacting other stores if we did not have a product in store. My time at rebel i learnt so much, this ranged from learning about how shoes support feet and also learning about clothing and merging. The hardest part about this job was dealing with costumers stealing and being aggressive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team bonding that we had at meetings and during shifts.
Cons
change of work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rebel. Our community is ready to answer.