Rebel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rebel Employee Reviews

Australia174 reviews
Rebel was a great place to work at and the employees was great , customers were great and I would go back to work and I recommend to anyone to work there .
At Rebel I was assigned the role of a sales assistant. What I learn from the job is that helping one another is crucial when lifiting heavy objects and work place safety must be put first. The management is good as the mangers would have direct communication to staff. The hardest part of the job is locating stock in store or at the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job however is the people you work with.
Rebel bankstown was a small store to work at which did not make working there very enjoyable. I also did not get many shifts as well because of my busy schedule
Fun place to work, good team culture, friendly managers, stressful around busy times (eg. Christmas), very customer focused. Great job to start your career in retail.
A typical day at work would involved either one of many things, cleaning the floor to make sure customers would easily be able to look through the store, the serving of customers, the processing of stock and of course serving customers to make sure they get the item that they were looking for.
Overall experience was fun however was tiring during the long hours of unpacking boxes and ticketing each product for sales and also tidying almost the same aisle every day.
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
I really enjoyed my time here and developed a lot of useful skills which I have carried on to using at my University studies or other part-time retail jobs I have worked at.
Loved my time at Amart Sports (Rebel)- learnt so much, challenged myself and enjoyed working with all the team members. Constant training available, KPI's to beat and motivation within management and the team.
I enjoyed working for Rebel, I learned a lot and also about team work and how to make a store look great.
To keep the floor clean, great customer service.
Pros
Flexible
working over the christmas holidays was fast paced and a challenge but the team and management worked all together and collaborated for everything to work smoothly. i learned a lot of things including how to connect with customers and achieve sales as well as becoming highly literate in their register processes and system.
Experience is fun and entertaining. Staff members are very kind and always ready to help. Working at Rebel really teaches a lot of retail skills, communication skills as well as teamwork.
The people here at rebel are really fun to work with! Management are willing to teach you anything about the store and they always have time to talk to you about anything.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Sometimes you dont get shifts in a weeks time
enjoy rebel great staff fast paced environment progress in my knowledge of sports. typical day includes helping customers find a shoe or clothing or desired equipment for what they need it for. Hardest part is getting abused for not having the stock they want. most enjoyable part is friendly staff and well mannered customers.
Srg is an amazing company to work for great discounts and great incentives. Watch out for your regional, who might be unprofessional , play favourites and bully. The regional may of only got their job because they are friends with higher up, not because they are a good worker.
Be careful
I was treated terribly throughout my employment.
Despite making complaints I was still treated with a lot of disrespect from management.

If did not agree to management, or if I pointed out a mistake in their work they would punish me by not giving me shifts.

No care for mental health or employee needs.

Too much work for the one person to complete in a regular working day and constantly understaffed.

Management had little care for customer safety.

Often worked 30 hour weeks as I was always available.
I have been working at rebel for just over a year now and when I first started it was unreal. Great staff, great managers and a very presentable store. However, in the past few months the level of staff has depleted and so has management. The store always seems to be a mess and we're always so short of staff that nothing seems to improve. I used to love the company but not anymore.
always doing different things, never bored, and its a very good environment, friendly staff and good benefits. Gives reasonable hours and would highly recommend as a part/full time job
Rebel offers you so much support and guidance throughout your time working with them. Great team work, always help with boosting your confidence and you learn so much so quickly.
Management is stressed and can put it on workers easily. Head office and stores not on the same page or connected. Despite training new staff other coworkers who are lazy are out into supervisor roles. Too much is put in the workers hands. Overworked while others have the opportunity to do nothing.
Lovely workspace.
Terrible hours (1-2 shifts a year).

Not the friendliest of staff members. they will talk ill of co-workers in front of them its quite distasteful
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Workplace bullying and close to minimal wage
Pathetic management. Uneducated management and staff. I don't think the management knew how to tie shoe laces. As this would be the most complex of tasks for them