Rebel Employee Reviews

Customer Liaison/Service, Register, Stock (Former Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC8 July 2018
A typical day at Rebel was helping costmers find what they needed, this meant helping with shoe sizes, clothing and also contacting other stores if we did not have a product in store. My time at rebel i learnt so much, this ranged from learning about how shoes support feet and also learning about clothing and merging. The hardest part about this job was dealing with costumers stealing and being aggressive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team bonding that we had at meetings and during shifts.
Cons
change of work hours
Fun Culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cairns City QLD4 July 2018
Everyone was fun to work around and had time to teach others who were new at the job and enjoyed what they were doing. Everyone got along well with eachother.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Enjoyable place to work despite poor head office suport
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Greensborough VIC17 June 2018
The culture and enjoyment of working at Rebel Sport, used to be present but an undercutting by Senior Head Office 'Support', of new competitors influence on the ever changing sports retail market, only applied greater pressure of managers and this had a trickle down effect to floor staff. Having a poor wage allocation ensured that resources weren't able to be allocated to meet the same expectations held previously, prior to competitors influence,
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor wage allocation
Good Workplace, Poor job security
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 May 2018
Came on as a Christmas casual on a short term contract and was let off after that. Otherwise good staff and work environment. Training was provided and very useful.
Pros
Great Management, Great staff benefits.
Cons
Some staff can be a little up themselves and think themselves as above everyone else.
Not a bad place to work, don’t be surprised if you don’t get any shifts though
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 May 2018
Have worked at Rebel for over 7 years, have gone through 2 different store managers and 6 floor managers. If you’re favoured by the staff member doing the rosters than you’ll get plenty of shifts. Harassment claims get swept under the carpet, and there is zero accountability for managers or full timers when they make mistakes, but make sure you don’t make any as a casual. You’ll pay for it. Overall, if you enjoy a decent discount on sports clothing and equipment, but do not think you’ll get a lot of shifts or reliable income.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No shifts, lack of reliability, no accountability, political
Productive and good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  WERRIBEE MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA1 May 2018
Working at rebel makes sure that employees are safe, they have a good corporate culture and is fun to work with. I enjoyed being apart of the team. I learned many things such as processing, labelling, packing and stacking.
Fufilling and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW18 April 2018
I found the work very fulfilling at Amart sports, which was only made better by the shared enthusiasm of the people that I was working with. Every day was fun and enjoyable.
fun environment
Team Sales Member (Current Employee) –  Liverpool NSW30 March 2018
Busy during holiday periods yet very fun with a great team and business culture. Great learning path for people looking to make a career in retail and move up.
amart/rebel
Casual Sales (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD6 March 2018
work was busy most of the time though I found it easy to learn off all the staff and managers it was fun to learn new things and skills, I became more comfortable with working at different intensity's at work as well as talking to customers. I got along with customers well and staff as well as all the managers.
Pros
good lunch break times
Cons
not enough hours or no hours at all or way to long hours
Productive and fun workplace!
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW11 February 2018
Great place where they give you the necessary training to equip you for the retail industry. Learned a lot during my time with Rebel Sport. Typical work would include merchandising, stock replenishment, product display and customer service. Very organised and has great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job would be some of the tedious duties you would have to do. The most enjoyable part is the awesome crew and atmosphere you are in. Would definitely recommend to others!
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Tedious work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton NZ8 February 2018
I really enjoyed working here. Management was great and was fair. Staff members were like my nest friends. Matter of fact they became my best friends. Was always fun and i would definitely work here again
Great workplace.
CASUAL RETAIL TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD6 February 2018
- Easy going.
- I've grown in my confidence as a retail sales assistant.
- The management team has changed a lot over the past 3 years.
- The culture is great.
- The online training takes a lot of time.
- I'm never stressed about going to work.
Pros
Great culture and understanding team.
Cons
Not enough hours as a causal worker
Good first job
Casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD24 December 2017
This was my first job, I had no problem with it. Would recommend to others. Good salary, and great working environment. Flexible hours, friendly staff.
Great Team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 December 2017
Great Team - Friendly & welcoming - I have a passion for sport and working alongside Rebel sports - had been for almost 5 years highly recommended for others to continue shopping at Rebel sports
Pros
Team
Cons
Not enough shifts
Productive company with friendly staff
CUSTOMER SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD7 December 2017
Amazing work place with it being an inviting work place almost having the work place like a family while still being professional, along with this inviting working place the people there provide knowledge and skills that have always been useful in the work place.
More for younger members of the public
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 December 2017
Is a good job to have when studying, looking for different avenue of employment.

Professional company, need room to grow personally in different environment.
Casual retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 November 2017
Productive, fun and full of surprises. It was very nice meeting new people and customers everyday. helping customers and making sure they are satisfied with what they are buying and satisfied with my help
Was a great opportunity to get out there in a work place.
Amart (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 November 2017
In previous work experience I was in more of a trade area by working outside I encountered more physical skills then mental. When I started working at amart I developed different types of skills making myself more open to different opportunities, I learnt how to restock shelves properly and process cloths and other items.
Pros
The workers there set out everything in order very well so I found it easy to find stuff.
Cons
I think the worst aspect of the experience is that I didn’t get paid.
Productive Work Place with Enthusiastic Happy staff
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD6 November 2017
The work place was a productive and enthusiastic place to work and the staff are always nice to both other staff and customers. The work is fulfilling and hard but the feeling of success is great after working here
Productive and fun workplace
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rothwell QLD31 October 2017
Great, productive and fun working environment. The downside to this job is that I've been given 1 shift a week and I need more hours. Management is great but just wish I had more hours.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Not enough hours (1 shift a week)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rebel. Our community is ready to answer.