Red Hat
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Red Hat Employee Reviews

good company, good stuff, learn heaps, good people, love opensource, love alliances, now part of IBM, snacks in office for free, Red hat summit in United States is cool
Very stressful environment which has been made worse with the IBM buyout. It is also a middle-aged boys club with not many females. The people are generally quite friendly and supportive of each other, but the management are probably the worst I have come across and some are bullies and micromanage. Office is horrible, does not function and very outdated as they will not spend any money. Technology is backwards and also very outdated. Pay is not good in comparison with competitors and bonus scheme promised when commencing is very misleading. No working from home unless you have a great and flexible manager.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Most of it. Pay is low and workload very high and long hours.
I worked this company from ground zero experience. The company was just started after 2004 and no one knows what linux was back in days but smartest people in industry was around. They were very young and live atmosphere but they do not invest to people and facility so salary was bear bottom and life was miserable. However, this was worth experience in my career path so you take an opportunity to broom as Unix/Linux engineer but it was tough life.
Pros
Good for career path
Cons
bear bottom of salary and struggling for life
Utilized OOJ combined with Data Structures and Algorithms every day. Excellent company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Red Hat?