Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Tihs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NSW Sydney5 December 2018
Horrible managers, expects you to know how to properly do your job with hardly any training, constant bullying from managers,horrible pay, hardly any hours so how are you even supposed to learn how to do your job, and no over time pay
Pros
Learning how to deal with stnuc
Cons
Horrible horrible horrible managers
productive and fun
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Mornington VIC2 December 2018
great job i worked with the most amazing people and had the best managers that made work just that little bit better. we all worked hard and made sure we got all our tasks done.
Pros
free food
Cons
nothing
communicate with staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW26 November 2018
like to work with different people and culture , really like to manage staff and store and improving your knowledge . You can work fast but its really hard to work when get busy .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short shift
Death trap
Cashier/Kitchen hand/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Western Sydney21 November 2018
Working as a manager, someone thought it would a good idea to put a bucket in the roof due to a leak. It was on the thinnest section of the ceiling and directly over the fryers. The bucket came through the ceiling due to the weight and dropped into the fryers, causing burns to myself and 2 other workers, what was Red Roosters response, say anything and we put the blame on you. At another store I had my belongings stolen by an employee in front of the store manager and area manager, what was the response for this well you should secure your personal items, not easy when stores have no secure areas
Pros
Cons
Too many including managers who dip into the tills
Stressful Workplace
Customer Service Crewman / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD 468019 November 2018
Each day is stressful at Red Rooster. Customers can be annoying and some managers are more aggressive than they are calm which only adds to the stressful environment
Pros
Good First Job
Cons
No Security Around Hours Each Week
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Red Rooster18 November 2018
Red Rooster was a nice place to work except for the minor hazards. I fully enjoyed working there as everyone was friendly. only problem was being underpaid and bullied by the manager.
Red Rooster review
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 November 2018
At Red Rooster, I worked as a cashier. I served customers at the front counter and drive through; I also learnt how to use the cash register as well as packing orders, and completing online deliveries.
Pros
interacting with people
Cons
not enough work
Enjoyable job culture but poor management
FOH, BOH, Crew Trainer and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC13 November 2018
Worked with good people with an opportunity to make friends. Salary is decent in comparison to other fast food jobs. Poor communication from management.
Pros
Good culture and food discount
fun and enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT12 November 2018
days were long but bearable with helpful workmates. always welcoming and nicely organized. managers were always nice and helpful and breaks were always given if needed.
Pros
fun workers and chilled days
Cons
constant standing
feeling underappreciated and not listened to at Red Rooster
customer service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 November 2018
on duty managers did not provide when I required simple assistance, shifts where allocated to days specified when I could not work, shifts were cut completely for weeks until I enquired and the last time I enquired I didn't get a response I understood.
I constantly felt like the previously moderately successful store was being run inefficiently and the managers or owners were not open to suggestion.
Pros
routinely
Cons
short hours and few shifts
Friendly environment
Front of House Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 November 2018
Typically get shorter shifts that last 3-4 hours. Managers and co-workers are all friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of my job would be the pressure it sometimes puts you in.
Pros
boosts confidence and customer service skills
Cons
short shifts
Efficient service with lovely staff
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC6 November 2018
A typical day at work for me is getting the work done as best as possible, management, however, could be better. I have learned how to be more independent and not rely on anyone else, as well as being able to adapt to and gain personal/work-related skills. Watching others that I work with and how they are able to deal with situations as well as take control in order to make sure service runs as smoothly as possible has also allowed me to pick up more personal skills in order for me to better myself as a worker.
Pros
Workers are easy to get along with.
Cons
My pay is currently $12 an hour, and meant to be $17.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW4 November 2018
Managers and co workers are amazing. Some may be rough but it works out! Team work at red rooster is very good. Everything goes very smoothing when its busy!
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Long hours, No aircon
bad
Customer Service Consultant (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Inala QLD30 October 2018
hated it, waste of time, under paid, management was horrible, owners didn't care. T his was many years ago now so it has probably changed quite a bit since I was there.
management
Kitchen-hand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD29 October 2018
management where I worked in Toowoomba were great they were like friends to everyone that worked there, and the hours of work were good along with the pay
good place to gain experience for future jobs
General Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 October 2018
quick paced job with okay pay rates. educational when it comes to customer service, working with food, and how to maintain a shop. perfect job for first timers.
Very productive and helpful
Team Member - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW25 October 2018
Red rooster has helped me gain new experiences and learn how to deal with customers better and in pressure. They are very supportive of your decisions and respect you appearance within your work environment.
Unsafe Workplace
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Marsden QLD21 October 2018
the workplace was not safe i fainted two times and slipped on the ice and oil that was on the ground and sometimes the water that was left on the ground. also food health and safety was not present in the workplace where i saw a employee drop a piece of food on the ground and then they continued to make the customer's order with the food that was dropped on the ground.
Not always a positive experience.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 October 2018
Due to my age and nativity I was working long long days with no breaks and no overtime pay, unable to say no in fear of losing my job, I did what was asked of me, but now know better.
Good for a first job.
Cashier & worked my way up to being a crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 October 2018
I enjoyed it as my first job, it unfortunately did not work out to be the perfect job for me as I out grew it and decided to be more involved in the family business.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
unprofessional management, unfair and rude managers