Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Friendly and great environment to work in.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Morley WA11 June 2018
Working at Red Rooster has been overall extremely enjoyable. All staff are very friendly and easy to talk to and have all contributed to teaching me all of what I know today.
Pros
Great staff members
Cons
Average pay
if red rooster was back in businesse i would go back
Kitchen Hand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  marrbooka7 June 2018
working with the people at red rooster was good they where all friendly and all in that job everthing when well until was slowly down grading the hardest part for me it was when I was sick and they called me in to work and I hade to do it to make a living, the enjoyable time at work was then I had my birthday and gave me a day off the management in the workplace was running good.
Pros
Cons
short hours
Okay for fast food
FOH (Current Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW4 June 2018
Work picks up during holidays but slows increasingly during off periods. My customer service experience has increased from the job and I cultivated good relationships with my co-workers. Management was mostly good. I do not enjoy the hypocrisy of the workplace (i.e. being reprimanded for conversing with co-workers while completing jobs, yet listening to managers converse among themselves while not working).
workplace culture
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Gladstone Park VIC1 June 2018
The culture inside Red Rooster restaurants is amazing. all the co workers are happy to be there and management continually brings a great vibe making you want to show up for every shift
Pros
great culture
Cons
not many shifts
Terribly run
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT31 May 2018
The boss as much as a nice person along the secong in charge but with very little know how into running a place properly. Speending hours smoking and being on theire phones. Leaving workers by them selves while they sit in the back allowing friend/being drunk on premise show how childish the thrity year old women are.
Pros
Got paid better than at woolies
Cons
The rest
It was a alright Job
Customer Service at St Marys Rugby league club (Former Employee) –  Mt Druitt NSW30 May 2018
Cleaned up and just was boring. Also wasn't a fun environment to be in. The workplace culture was not for me and I just didn't want to be there. I thought it was going to be easy and fun, but it wasn't what I expected.
Was a good first job
KITCHEN HAND (Former Employee) –  Queensland25 May 2018
Learnt a lot during my time at Red rooster, gave me skills in preparing food as well as money handling and cleaning duties.
Working there has been valuable.
Good place to work as a teenager
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  AU18 May 2018
I held this position working as a kitchen hand, customer service. I was studying at school and working at Red Rooster on weekends and some shifts during the week. Shifts were approximately 4 hours in length. There were more shifts during the school holidays. Work commence at about 4.00 p.m. I gained experience and confidence working with other employees and communicating with the general public.
Great Career Development opportunities but low job security
Senior Restaurant Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 May 2018
Working with Red Rooster was quite enjoyable, the culture was positive in most of the stores I worked in however there was a period of change where most jobs were made redundant, job security is an issue especially for managers.
Good place for students to earn some extra money and deal with the general public
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC16 May 2018
I held this position working as a kitchen hand, customer service. I was studying VCE at school and working at Red Rooster on weekends and some shifts during the week. Shifts were approximately 4 hours in length. There were more shifts during the school holidays. Work commence at about 4.00 p.m. I gained experience and confidence working with other employees and communicating with the general public.
Customer service
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  QLD9 May 2018
same thing again made lots of friends, it did get busy around lunch time cause we were near the army barsacs, lots of duties were also completed in this job
productive always busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodna QLD8 May 2018
Busy day, i like to keep busy. Learn cashier work, learned how to communicate with others in a fast pace environment. Hardest part of the job would be trying to keep up with everything but trying your best.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No cons
This was my first place of work.
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Midland WA4 May 2018
This is the company where my skills in the workplace began to form.
It began with simple cleaning and cooking, which i picked up immediately. Customer service however, was an area in which i seemed most nervous.
Due to encouraging staff and a well refined team, this was easy to overcome.
As years went by work for the company came across a fair mix of positive and negative minds.

This is common in all companies, and is one of the most difficult and challenging aspects of conducting yourself in the workplace.

Some people i had managed to warm up to and others to me.
This helped create a better work environment, and in extension to this, a better experience for customers.

I do recommend Red Rooster as a place to gain work experience, and if one were inclined, a steady environment for career growth.

I for one ,was disappointed with management at the time of my employment, which regrettably was my eventual reason for leaving the company.
Pros
Good place to learn basic working skills.
Cons
N/a
good for first job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bass Hill NSW3 May 2018
it is an excellent first time job for teenagers who want a simple yet knowledgable job. it allows skills to be developed which can help you for future jobs.
own experience
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW2 May 2018
was alright, work and social life depends on the person, everyone is different. Some may love it there others not so much, management there takes there job seriously which is good, friendly staff and easy to get along with workers.
Easy job but poor management
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 May 2018
Managers are rude as. Jobs is easy though. Flexible with hours. Good part time job. Easy to manage with school. However managers do not have management skills and create drama
Pros
Good part time job
Cons
Management sucks
Good environment, Little communication
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC1 May 2018
Plenty of great people to meet and work with but the store managers have little to no communication with employees about upcoming promotions etc. Also very lazy
Pros
good pay, friendly people
Cons
oily, managers
good worplacement with friendly staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alexander Heights WA30 April 2018
Thee staff and managers are really sweet and friendly. store is managed very well. I enjoy the happy environment that i walk into when working there. the Pay however isn't the best and is rarely on time.
Pros
work friends
Cons
pay isn't good
productive and fun work envirnoment
Finance Coordinator/ Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kurri Kurri NSW27 April 2018
a hard working but fun and productive work environment.
I learnt Payroll, Rostering, Stocktaking, Cash Handling Procedures, Supervising Casual Staff,Customer Service, General Cleaning.
i worked in the management level which pushed me to work to my best abilities. hardest part was the long busy rush hours which pushed you, and best was working as a team and meeting new people and helping them to achieve their duties in the shop
hard working environment, always moving
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  South Grafton NSW19 April 2018
Typically a day at work is quite flat out and can be tiring, moving between stock, cleaning and deliveries, but still enjoyable.

I've learned how to keep a very clean working environment and how to communicate with customers in a friendly cheerful manner all the while attempting to upsell items.

Management is good at Red's the RM and supervisors listen to their employees and attempt to fully work around availabilities and requested days off.

The hardest part of the job would be the fast paced nature of it and remembering all orders and build-to's .

The most enjoyable part of the job is by far the interactions with customers and meeting people on deliveries.
Pros
half price meals, various awards
Cons
short shifts, lack of hours