Red Rooster
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Although it’s a good job and you make many friends it just wasn’t the job for me. It was very stressful and fast paced and I just couldn’t keep up. But good job otherwise
Pros
Half priced food when working
It can get very busy at some point of each shift but it's an overall good place for a first job, it's relaxing and everyone gets along. If you're looking for a first job I recommend Reddies aka Red Rooster. ;)
Pros
Management is amazing
Cons
There isnt a good hand out of shifts
I've worked as FOH/Delivery Driver in Red Rooster and it was a good experience at first but not anymore. Only 9 hours per week. Management is too pushy to upsell even though it is too annoying for customers. Being belittled by the owner and jokes that I can't do the job and telling me to go back to company store. Lots of deliveries in the area so you have to use your car a lot and don't have a company car for deliveries. The boss doesn't appreciate my efforts in general. Very small wage. Sometimes short staffed so you have to take more work than usual.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short hours; boss is rude
The most toxic workplace there is. Management is extremely toxic. Do not recommend working here you will gain nothing.
Cons
Very supportive management to work for. Really nice staff at the shop. Easy access to parking. Uniform supplied. They only gave me very short shifts which was worrying for my parents who had to drop me off so I chose to seek alternative employment and then Covid 19 arrived.
Pros
Steady roster
Cons
Very short shifts
Good employment while in school. Nothing you can't really advance in. May boost your communication and customer skills. Otherwise I will say it's just quite chill.
Pros
10% off food out of work hours. 50% off food during work hours
Cons
weird roster
Red rooster I worked at has an awful work environment, the building was filthy and the some of the managers were rude and racist. I wouldn't suggest for anyone to work at a Red Rooster if they are all as bad as the one I was at.
Cons
Dirty building, racist/sexist comments, no direction
Was a good place to work at to learn what working is like, especially fast food cause you have to be on top of everything and deal with customers on a daily basis
Pros
Fast paced work experience
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming
enjoyed working at Red Rooster from day one. you can always count on the crew members and supportive staff to help you through rush hours. overall, enjoyed my work at Hampton Park Red rooster.
Pros
amazing culture and people
they were good at first and then they gave me only one shift a week and it was only for 2 hour and there was no point of even going into work. they have also stoped talking and cut contact with me
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Red Rooster?
Multiskilled employees are best to work in the fast pace environment. flexibility is very necessary. hardworking work place and salary is less for the work done in the workplace
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
less salary
The current owners play favourites and treat other workers unfairly, they use you until they are done with you, under payed and overworked, poor management
Pros
Not much
Cons
Very good experience in many different situations such as cleaning, customer service, food preparation, and delivery driving. I also learned a lot about team-work and working under pressure.
At around 3pm it would get busy for an hour or so, then it would become quite till 5pm, what i learned in this job was mostly team work and working to the best of my ability, customer service was also something that i learned very well in such a little amount of time. Unfortunately the red rooster i worked at i got picked on and bullied so i decided to leave.
Very friendly co-workers and very supportive atmosphere, has been a pleasure working here for the past 5 years. Would recommend as a first job to begin learning about customer service and working as a team.
Red Rooster can be a great place to work as long as you work hard and fast and know what your doing, however there are many restaurants where once you complete your traineeship they will stop giving you hours
whilst working here I learnt all my basic skills for customer service, which included being fast pasted to keep the customers happy, handing cash, being a team player and most of all how to deal with tricky customers and to keep everyone happy
Great first job for those finishing school or are in last years of school. Fast paced environment, great team work. Balance with hours depending on what your contract
Red rooster was not an enjoyable place to work at at all and I hated being there. management was INCREDIBLY poor and unprofessional. since working there, they have acquired a new management team however my experience was terrible.
good experience working in fast paced environment. I got the knowledge of food handling and food hygiene. good work timing and cooperative staff during the job.
Every time I eat their chips my taste buds are blown away with deliciousness! Red Rooster is very good and way better than KFC, Not enough seasoning! And McDonalds Chips are too Thin. The Seasoning is Perfect I don’t care if some parents say nothings perfect this is absolutely, well, it’s so good I can’t put into words!
  1. Employee Reviews