Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job culture but poor management
FOH, BOH, Crew Trainer and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC13 November 2018
Worked with good people with an opportunity to make friends. Salary is decent in comparison to other fast food jobs. Poor communication from management.
Pros
Good culture and food discount
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW4 November 2018
Managers and co workers are amazing. Some may be rough but it works out! Team work at red rooster is very good. Everything goes very smoothing when its busy!
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Long hours, No aircon
fast paced working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD17 December 2018
very fast paced, new staff to train every second week, rarely to staff have basic English skills, complaint solving, stock take. mostly lovely customers.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
long hours, low pay rate, low staff
productive and fun workplace
Crew Member / Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Australia16 October 2018
A typical day at work involves taking orders, cashing orders off, preparing and packing food as well as making sure the store is cleaned. A typical day also includes taking delivery orders and making sure they're all complete to a high standard.

I have learned customer skills, as well as team working skills as it is a big company with many people working in the store being able to handle everyone helping them out. I have learned cash skills and eftpos making sure all orders are paid off.

The workplace culture is a great, fun workplace where everyone has fun but making sure all work is complete. The hardest part of the job is when customers complain working around how to help them. Whereas the most enjoyable part of your job is working long hours and when it gets busy as being able to challenge myself in a short amount of time.
Pros
long hours depending on roster
Cons
when customers complain
Red Rooster
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 March 2018
who works in Red's has good Job Work/Life Balance with best Salary/Benefits and Job Security/ Advancement, good understanding Management and Job Culture.
good place for work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carine WA14 January 2019
when its own by company i like to work there but after franchise management is not good when you come back from holiday you did not get you shift back
Pros
nothing
Cons
short shift and less hour
All fun and games until we got franchised.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA12 February 2019
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind while she took all my friends.
Pros
great regular customers
Cons
Home Delivery.
fast paced friendly environment
check out operator (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool VIC5 February 2019
Red Rooster was a fast paced friendly environment where I learnt many skills on how to prepare and develop food. My time management skills improved a lot whilst working here.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rivervale WA8 February 2019
working mates were great who provided great working environment. The senior management team, however, were not as impressive. Quite pushing and bullying in nature
Pros
good shifts
Cons
store manager
first job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Erina NSW27 January 2019
loved this ob, loved the team, loved management. very friendly and worked well with my schooling. i learnt very quickly and was trained to train new staff at just 16 years old. left due to having spinal surgery.
Poor trainers but good staff
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Pascoe Vale VIC21 January 2019
My time with Red Rooster was anxiety inducing and confusing. I began work at the beginning of 2017 whilst i was 16 and was given less than 4 hours of training from the promised 12. My only assistance was from other employees and 1 manager. I was given only 2 hours a week from the shift manager on a Sunday 6-8 pm, this occurred for 2 months until i was let off for 2 months without being told. I found out about this from fellow employees whom i talk to on a daily basis. Once i finally received more shifts it returned to a 2 and a half hour shift from 6-8:30 pm. I finally decided to discontinue my work at red rooster once i was faced with abuse and harassment from the management staff and suffered much trauma from this experience that has made me stay away from employment for a year and a half. I would not recommend this job for anyone that has any history with mental illnesses like anxiety or depression and would look for something else.
Pros
Nice and supporting co-workers
Cons
Management system needs to be improved
management
Kitchen-hand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD29 October 2018
management where I worked in Toowoomba were great they were like friends to everyone that worked there, and the hours of work were good along with the pay
Horrible management wouldn't recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD4 January 2019
The work environment is bad, not fun. Management was so bad, was all good till a new manager came in and the place went downhill. All of a sudden stopped getting shifts, I called emailed and texted and never got a response. When I went in they were too busy to talk about my lack of shifts.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
little to no shifts
Good Staff, Poor Ownership
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC12 February 2019
From working at the Lalor Red Rooster store for over 5 years I have met and worked with many different employees of several different ages and they are what made working there enjoyable. The work was not very difficult and the stores management was excellent. The upper management and the ownership of the franchise was very poor. The new owner was very sexist in demanding that front of house cashiering duties were to only be handled by females due to them being more "Appealing" to customers.
Red Rooster review
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Victoria16 January 2019
Working at Red Rooster was alright for my first job, but after working there for 6 months, I wouldn't stick around much longer. I started off with great hours, but that slowly dropped off, till now where I am only given three hours a week. I really don't like the way that the place is run, and there are definitely "invincible" employee's at the store. The place is constantly a hazard, with the tile floors always slippery from all the water that just sits on the ground, to the point where I can slide along the tiles with no effort. 50% on shift discount is good, though I have had some issues where items have not seemed to be discounted and I end up paying the full amount. I am just about 18, and have received no shifts for a couple of weeks now, presumably because they don't want to pay for my wages anymore, and when I messaged the manager asking what is going on, he jumped around the question, and just asked for my availability (though I know that this is a common trick in fast food stores). In my time working in the store, I have only seen the manager in the store twice, which I think is quite poor.
Pros
Decent wage, good on shift discount
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, bad working environment, can be stressful
horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northam WA5 February 2019
one of the absolute worst places to work. Horrible management, incredibly rude store owners, forced to be casual even if you were hired as part or full time. Nobody should ever work there and the store should close down for good.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Can be a good place to work, but all depends on who you work with.
Front of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 January 2019
From my time working there I found that I increasingly despised being asked to come in. This was due to the terrible culture the store that I worked in had, mainly because of the store's manager.
Though I have heard that other Red Rooster stores are more relaxed and fun to work in, my store was over-the-top competitive, sexist and controlling.
A typical day at work would be taking orders from the front of the store and drive through, working with the till to complete transactions, packaging the orders and handing them out to customers. It is also expected that you maintain stock control for products such as drinks, ice creams, desserts, etc. and clean up the front of store wherever necessary.
The hardest part of the job would be when the store became overly packed, and the rush of completing the orders and handing them out became a bit too stressful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming closer with the other front of house employees in the store, although staff turnover was consistently high during my time there.
Pros
50% off products during shift, and 10% off products outside of shift
Cons
Not enough shifts, bad store culture, high staff turnover, bad communication between employees and managers
bad
Customer Service Consultant (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Inala QLD30 October 2018
hated it, waste of time, under paid, management was horrible, owners didn't care. T his was many years ago now so it has probably changed quite a bit since I was there.
Efficient service with lovely staff
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC6 November 2018
A typical day at work for me is getting the work done as best as possible, management, however, could be better. I have learned how to be more independent and not rely on anyone else, as well as being able to adapt to and gain personal/work-related skills. Watching others that I work with and how they are able to deal with situations as well as take control in order to make sure service runs as smoothly as possible has also allowed me to pick up more personal skills in order for me to better myself as a worker.
Pros
Workers are easy to get along with.
Cons
My pay is currently $12 an hour, and meant to be $17.
Casual but testing workplace
Kitchen hand (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW19 December 2018
Fun and enjoyable experience with great people. Environment is fun and friendly but also hard working. Pay is decent but, along with minimal hours and shifts the pay doesn't amount to much. For a first job it is okay but would recommend working at reds only if it is close to home.
Pros
Free food at the end of every shift and occasionally while working
Cons
Minimal shifts and hours