Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Customer service (Former Employee) –  Werrington NSW16 June 2019
Very lovely people to work with, I love the food that is provided at red rooster, was a great experience for me, only worked there for a few month, but did love working there.
Horrible place to work.
Kitchen hand duties (Former Employee) –  Meadow Springs WA14 June 2019
Bad management. Bullying and intimidation from management. A very hostile work environment. I would not recommend this job to anyone, especially not young people looking for a first job.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay and bad work environment
Awesome place to work
Kitchenhand / Cashier / Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick QLD13 June 2019
red rooster was my first job and will always stay in my heart. the staff are amazing and very inclusive. very flexible hours and okay pay. i would recommend this company to anyone who is self motivated and not afraid to give anything a go.
Pros
Its a little family and everyone is included
Amazing Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool VIC30 May 2019
Red Rooster Warrnambool was an amazing place to work for, I enjoyed my time spent there.

I learned a lot of things during the year I was there, team leading, multi-tasking, cleanliness, ordering stock, counting stock and working as a team to meet standards and beyond.
Management there were seemingly the best to work for in my experiences.

The hardest part of the job most likely would have been thinking 5 steps ahead of everything, making sure everything works out for the day and night.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself, I enjoyed leading my team for the day/night, working together to make sure the customer got their food, fresh and hot.
Pros
Amazing team, Respectful management
Cons
Long hours with little breaks
Fun workplace with good staff
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2019
The management team is very supportive, and so are the other employees there. Everyone is willing to help with anything and make conversation. Everyone works well together and knows how to work well in a team, so the environment is supportive and friendly
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay comes late
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Munno Para SA23 May 2019
i worked at the one in elizabeth i dont know why im writing it for muno para but it was a decent workplace staff was great everything waas good. at this point im just trying to reach the word limit
Fun workplace
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cockburn Central WA22 May 2019
Enjoyed working with certain people as I built a good friendship with most and mangers were friendly. Safe workplace and easy to maintain a high level of work and having fun at the same time
Enjoyable and exciting first job
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany Creek QLD22 May 2019
Working at Red Rooster was amazing. The managers were awesome, the owners were so wonderful and they made my first job experience an enjoyable one. It taught me how to handle time management better and how to handle stress under pressure.
Good company bad workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD21 May 2019
People bully each other and it is just like another school place, the company itself is quite nice but the people there made it a very unhealthy place to work.
Pros
Nice workplace, nice discounts
Cons
Not enough job security, very minamal hours
great group of people to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW1 May 2019
typical day of work was good due to being able to have fun but also get the job done on time whilst doing all the correct procedures. learned to manage a group and control store environment. challenging part of the job was having to meet sales and maintaining labour.
Red Rooster
Red Rooster (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC30 April 2019
It was a typical fast food job, show up to the shift, do the work and go home. The management was good and i learnt how to work efficiently with the aid of other people.
Good job to start building skills
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Albany WA26 April 2019
It’s a good job for students who wanting to work after school. The job is easy you’ll get to practice communication a lot. Staff and the manager are also good making the job running smoothly without errors and getting wrong orders.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It becomes very busy in specific time and dates
experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD23 April 2019
it was a good learning experience working there as i learnt alot of communication skills i use today and working in a retail/customer service environment
Review Summary
Kitchen Hand/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hastings VIC22 April 2019
Typical days at work include:

Customer demands and serving.
Cleaning & washing up.
Food safety training
Cooking and preparing
Using the ovens for chickens and bread
Working as a team

What I learnt:

Food safety skills
Team work and communication
Fast paced food making and preparing
Quick methods in cleaning efficiently
Proper food preparations
Pros
Employee discounts
Was great first job
close the front as well as assist in kitchen (Former Employee) –  Midland WA19 April 2019
Was good fast paced but fun environment. Hours being casual were at times difficult for a teen but full time employment was better. I ran the front often by myself and only con was sometimes working Thursdays 10hrs at 17 because shifts were messed up.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Managers constantly changing
Store Crew Kawana (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD24 March 2019
Staff treated me horribly and I was just thrown out there on my second shift everyone was expecting I knew what I was doing when I didn't get trained properly.
The staff used to eat out of the chips and then serve them.
Great work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wishart QLD 412220 March 2019
Great place to work, Awesome people, Great pay, Very good hours. The restaurant isn't always busy which is really good having a small break between the busiest hours. Great staff and managers. Dining areas are always mostly clean. But overall good place to work.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Late nights
good work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halls Head WA18 March 2019
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind - more...
Not very good place for your first job and could have a bit more training days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belmont WA18 March 2019
The co workers around were nice and welcoming but the managers were a bit too pushy and mean. If the managers had less anger , this place would be great to work at.
Pros
Cons
The environment is bad
awful
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 March 2019
it was absolutely awful and unclean and honestly made me want to throw up every time i walked in. it was horrible. lousy pay. horrible bosses, who never speak English.