Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Was great first job
close the front as well as assist in kitchen (Former Employee) –  Midland WA19 April 2019
Was good fast paced but fun environment. Hours being casual were at times difficult for a teen but full time employment was better. I ran the front often by myself and only con was sometimes working Thursdays 10hrs at 17 because shifts were messed up.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Managers constantly changing
Store Crew Kawana (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD24 March 2019
Staff treated me horribly and I was just thrown out there on my second shift everyone was expecting I knew what I was doing when I didn't get trained properly.
The staff used to eat out of the chips and then serve them.
Great work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wishart QLD 412220 March 2019
Great place to work, Awesome people, Great pay, Very good hours. The restaurant isn't always busy which is really good having a small break between the busiest hours. Great staff and managers. Dining areas are always mostly clean. But overall good place to work.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Late nights
good work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halls Head WA18 March 2019
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind - more...
Not very good place for your first job and could have a bit more training days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belmont WA18 March 2019
The co workers around were nice and welcoming but the managers were a bit too pushy and mean. If the managers had less anger , this place would be great to work at.
Pros
Cons
The environment is bad
awful
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 March 2019
it was absolutely awful and unclean and honestly made me want to throw up every time i walked in. it was horrible. lousy pay. horrible bosses, who never speak English.
kitchen hand
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW5 March 2019
despite having sufficient amount of staff, most of the time i would have to do work of others due to them not pulling weight, even if i was assigned kitchen hand i would do cashier at the same time or on my own will. Having to pull other people's weight and being accused of doing something i never did was the most frustrating part of the job, management would always have a reason to be angry and rude even though there was no need to be.
The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job as some of them do leave a smile on your face with nice compliments.
Pros
Learning how to do things that were not required of me to do - knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload, having to pull others weights
Great Teamwork
CREW TRAINER/RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 March 2019
The teamwork was amazing as the new employee's helped each other out, I found it tiring some times but you always make it through another day. New people to meet.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Red Rooster
Team member/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW28 February 2019
Working in Red Rooster was an experience in its own Management was good especially the manager that i worked with when i was assistant manager. Clean and friendly workplace
Productive and fun working space
Working in the back (Former Employee) –  Wynnum West QLD27 February 2019
I worked at the drive thru for the first couple hours, then go to the back for the rest of the shift and prepare the food for the next day or to get ready to pack for the front counter and wash the dishes.
Pros
always doing something
Cons
short hours
Welcoming staff quiet work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC27 February 2019
I would serve a few very nice customers and a few that were very hard to please. I worked for 2-4 hrs for 2-3 days a week. Staff are nice people but do not talk very much.I felt welcome. Management was ok, not many staff would work due to lack of customers. The hardest part about the job was talking to customers although I did get a hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to serve customers and have small conversations with them.
Pros
Kind staff
Cons
Paid every two weeks
Great pay and management, however quick to drop you.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD26 February 2019
Red Rooster, for a fast food restaurant it wasn't bad. The pay was fine, nothing spectacular. However I took a shift off when a family member passed and they took me off the rosters for it, I went almost a month without a shift before pulling them up on it. It turned out that the manager working the shift I took off hadn't written down my reason for not being there.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Long Hours
Worst Job ever
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD24 February 2019
Bad ownership from multiple owners, cant run a business doesn't pay super, was a struggle to get tax invoice, bully owner extremely rude and not nice to work with, always a struggle every day to complete tasks since everything was always broken such as fryers, microwaves, ovens have only one oven to cook everything in, basically always something broken. understaffed having to do 10 things at once, some managers were bad and didn't know what they were doing, shows up late nothings ready when the store is open, e.g fryers not on , chickens not ready yet,sitting on phone in office watching video most the time

Hardest part of the job, trying to get everything done, coming in some mornings starting at 8:30am, store opens at 9am, rubbish everywhere in the bin room broken bags with peas and gravey and chicken leaking everywhere, piles of boxs and rats running around,12 chickens to strip ( weren't stripped the night before while warm like procedure,got to fully strip 12 cold chickens) By the time iv filled sauces and made gravy,cooked bacon and sub rolls and filled everything its already 9am, line full of people enter store as soon as we open doors, fryers not warmed up, chickens still have 10 mins left to cook(managers fault) freezer delivery would be there stacking giant piles of boxes from the freezer to back door, customers then would order all different stuff like Tropicana pack,(chicken still in oven) mash and gravy(haven't made mash yet only enough hot water to make gravy and got to wait for the stupid machine) some smash burger( thered be only frozen avocado and none pulled
  more... out,( other staff not doing their jobs previous shifts ) haven't cooked crispy bacon cause was cooking normal bacon and subs in oven, got to climb over boxes to get in freezer to get pineapple fritter, drive through head set beeping,finally can put down stuff in fryer, chicken over beeps,drive through makes order something difficult to make, probs add something at the window of drive through and manager wont let me know so wont notice it on screen making wait times longer, got to wait and stick thermometer in to test chicken warmth,cut chicken try make mash, burger bun will get caught toaster, customers abusing, just a constant struggle trying to do so many things at once, trying to strip chicken and do dishes and customers constantly coming in and having to stop and and cant get stuff done , as soon as a orders done and go to put gloves on to strip chickens or do dishes head set would beep or customer walk through front of store, hard to explain in writing but yeah everything goes wrong

People doing drugs in toilets, wiping poo on the walls, people trying to break into the back of the store,customers being aggressive and abusive

Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the shift
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
bad owners and managment, rude customers, everything broken, other staff not doing there jobs properly making my job harder
Good for learning under pressure
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 February 2019
It teaches a lot and allows an employee to develop good communication and customer service skills. I was able to develop public speaking skills, organisational and multi tasking skills.
A quiet work place, very cliquey and not very inclusive
Team member (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC19 February 2019
I struggled quite a bit when working here as the other employees were friends outside of work and it felt very divided when working together.

I was spoken to with little to no respect and regularly given shifts on days I'd already had told the managers I wouldn't be available.

I liked the customers and had some of my most positive sales experiences there.
typical fast food job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Western Australia13 February 2019
typical fast food job, average pay, average hours. not the best but also not the worst. management could be better - manager does not really acknowledge employee happiness.
Unorganised
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC13 February 2019
Was not impressed with the management, or the job introduction and training. Shifts were not given in advance and often last minute, which caused a lot of complications.
All fun and games until we got franchised.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA12 February 2019
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind while she took all my friends.
Pros
great regular customers
Cons
Home Delivery.
Good Staff, Poor Ownership
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC12 February 2019
From working at the Lalor Red Rooster store for over 5 years I have met and worked with many different employees of several different ages and they are what made working there enjoyable. The work was not very difficult and the stores management was excellent. The upper management and the ownership of the franchise was very poor. The new owner was very sexist in demanding that front of house cashiering duties were to only be handled by females due to them being more "Appealing" to customers.
Productive and Fun environment
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Goulburn NSW12 February 2019
Each day at Reds is different, you never know which customers you'll get and you can never fully know if it will be busy for that day but all you have to do is ensure you're organised and it is an extremely rewarding place to work. The staff are great and helping young kids come into the working world would be the most rewarding part.
Pros
friendships within colleagues
Cons
Shift work