Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cockburn Central WA22 May 2019
Enjoyed working with certain people as I built a good friendship with most and mangers were friendly. Safe workplace and easy to maintain a high level of work and having fun at the same time
Enjoyable and exciting first job
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany Creek QLD22 May 2019
Working at Red Rooster was amazing. The managers were awesome, the owners were so wonderful and they made my first job experience an enjoyable one. It taught me how to handle time management better and how to handle stress under pressure.
Good company bad workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD21 May 2019
People bully each other and it is just like another school place, the company itself is quite nice but the people there made it a very unhealthy place to work.
Pros
Nice workplace, nice discounts
Cons
Not enough job security, very minamal hours
great group of people to work with
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW1 May 2019
typical day of work was good due to being able to have fun but also get the job done on time whilst doing all the correct procedures. learned to manage a group and control store environment. challenging part of the job was having to meet sales and maintaining labour.
Red Rooster
Red Rooster (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC30 April 2019
It was a typical fast food job, show up to the shift, do the work and go home. The management was good and i learnt how to work efficiently with the aid of other people.
Good job to start building skills
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Albany WA26 April 2019
It’s a good job for students who wanting to work after school. The job is easy you’ll get to practice communication a lot. Staff and the manager are also good making the job running smoothly without errors and getting wrong orders.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It becomes very busy in specific time and dates
experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD23 April 2019
it was a good learning experience working there as i learnt alot of communication skills i use today and working in a retail/customer service environment
Review Summary
Kitchen Hand/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hastings VIC22 April 2019
Typical days at work include:

Customer demands and serving.
Cleaning & washing up.
Food safety training
Cooking and preparing
Using the ovens for chickens and bread
Working as a team

What I learnt:

Food safety skills
Team work and communication
Fast paced food making and preparing
Quick methods in cleaning efficiently
Proper food preparations
Pros
Employee discounts
Was great first job
close the front as well as assist in kitchen (Former Employee) –  Midland WA19 April 2019
Was good fast paced but fun environment. Hours being casual were at times difficult for a teen but full time employment was better. I ran the front often by myself and only con was sometimes working Thursdays 10hrs at 17 because shifts were messed up.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Managers constantly changing
Store Crew Kawana (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD24 March 2019
Staff treated me horribly and I was just thrown out there on my second shift everyone was expecting I knew what I was doing when I didn't get trained properly.
The staff used to eat out of the chips and then serve them.
Great work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wishart QLD 412220 March 2019
Great place to work, Awesome people, Great pay, Very good hours. The restaurant isn't always busy which is really good having a small break between the busiest hours. Great staff and managers. Dining areas are always mostly clean. But overall good place to work.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
Late nights
good work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halls Head WA18 March 2019
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind - more...
Not very good place for your first job and could have a bit more training days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belmont WA18 March 2019
The co workers around were nice and welcoming but the managers were a bit too pushy and mean. If the managers had less anger , this place would be great to work at.
Pros
Cons
The environment is bad
awful
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 March 2019
it was absolutely awful and unclean and honestly made me want to throw up every time i walked in. it was horrible. lousy pay. horrible bosses, who never speak English.
kitchen hand
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW5 March 2019
despite having sufficient amount of staff, most of the time i would have to do work of others due to them not pulling weight, even if i was assigned kitchen hand i would do cashier at the same time or on my own will. Having to pull other people's weight and being accused of doing something i never did was the most frustrating part of the job, management would always have a reason to be angry and rude even though there was no need to be.
The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job as some of them do leave a smile on your face with nice compliments.
Pros
Learning how to do things that were not required of me to do - knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload, having to pull others weights
hated it.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Bowen QLD3 March 2019
Its a great place to work. That is, if you don't care about being belittled. Good job, if you are a teen looking for some pocket money. I hated it. But whatever.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Mean Bosses
Great Teamwork
CREW TRAINER/RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 March 2019
The teamwork was amazing as the new employee's helped each other out, I found it tiring some times but you always make it through another day. New people to meet.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Red Rooster
Team member/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW28 February 2019
Working in Red Rooster was an experience in its own Management was good especially the manager that i worked with when i was assistant manager. Clean and friendly workplace
Productive and fun working space
Working in the back (Former Employee) –  Wynnum West QLD27 February 2019
I worked at the drive thru for the first couple hours, then go to the back for the rest of the shift and prepare the food for the next day or to get ready to pack for the front counter and wash the dishes.
Pros
always doing something
Cons
short hours
Welcoming staff quiet work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC27 February 2019
I would serve a few very nice customers and a few that were very hard to please. I worked for 2-4 hrs for 2-3 days a week. Staff are nice people but do not talk very much.I felt welcome. Management was ok, not many staff would work due to lack of customers. The hardest part about the job was talking to customers although I did get a hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to serve customers and have small conversations with them.
Pros
Kind staff
Cons
Paid every two weeks