Red Rooster Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Friendly environment
Front of House Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 November 2018
Typically get shorter shifts that last 3-4 hours. Managers and co-workers are all friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of my job would be the pressure it sometimes puts you in.
Pros
boosts confidence and customer service skills
Cons
short shifts
Great Career Development opportunities but low job security
Senior Restaurant Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 May 2018
Working with Red Rooster was quite enjoyable, the culture was positive in most of the stores I worked in however there was a period of change where most jobs were made redundant, job security is an issue especially for managers.
Great but fast paced
Kitchen Hand/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2018
This job at red rooster is really good for someone who keeps a cool head under stress if you like taking your time getting a job done this isn't for you all day is order after order but very rewarding at the end of the day where you get leftovers and great store discount. One of best things about this job was the delivery part great way meet people if your social other than just great place gotta have a rhythm though with your team mates
Pros
Mad discount
Cons
Bad manager
Average place to work - great for those starting out
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 August 2017
Depending on the store you are hired in management can suck, and sometimes arent as supportive as they can be, there are a few diamonds in the rough though. Super flexible place to work so its great for students and those in uni as its really easy to pick yur hurs. Pay sucks pretty much just like all fast food environments but you do tend to get very close with the other staff members and make great friends.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay and lack of support from higher up
Friendly place to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD28 May 2017
Friendly place to work in fast paced work environment, good management and always helpful people and work good in a team environment. love meeting and helping people and love working a team
Pros
friendly staff
head office are stupid
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 May 2017
head office is filled with people who have never worked in store a day in their lives and expect too much of the people working there.

You make great friends, but is being stressed and angry everyday worth it?
Pros
easy job
Cons
higher management
It is usually fun when I'm not working with my male manager
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 April 2017
At Red Rooster my manager is very rude and constantly yells at me, although the worst thing I have done is give someone a coke instead of a Diet Coke. He looks at me in ways I can't describe and I feel very uneasy around him. As I am only a 15 year old girl.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
My boss is abusive.
Fun workplace and everyone gets along like a family
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 March 2017
Everyday at work is different and always good, I love the people I work with and my managers are lovely people, I look forward to going to work, the only part I don't like is the customers but everyone is different and some customers are better than others
Pros
Short hours, good people
Cons
customers
Customer-service focused, Deadline-driven
Kitchen Hand/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 February 2017
Cleaning, preparing, stocking and cooking is a typical day at Red Rooster. Helped myself gain experience with the hospitality industry. Excelled and enjoyed working within a team. I learnt essential customer service skills also responsibility, consistency and commitment.
Looking for a job? Go somewhere else.
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 December 2016
When I worked there about two of the other staff were great. Every one else was extremely rude and unapproachable, not only to myself but also customers. Managers were terrible and eventually I was sick of being treated terribly and was blamed for things that I had not done. 10/10 would never recommend red rooster employment.
Cons
Long hours, No breaks, Poor Management, Stressful
fun workplace, nice managers, very east to fit in and feel welcome
Cashier/Multi skilled (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 November 2016
Get there, restock everything, serve customers, make food, pack food. i learned that everyone has their bad days and their good days, its best to never assume. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers because im very fragile at times and emotional too ahaha. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on peoples faces every day.
Pros
discounts, free food
Cons
lonley shifts
Productive Place To Learn and Grow
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 September 2016
Through my involvement with Red Rooster, I was able to enhance my customer service communication and handling money. I was able to gain an understanding of the importance of getting jobs completed on time and developed skills as to how complete jobs by a deadline.
Pros
Great job to start my working career
Cons
No acknowledgement for working overtime
productive and quick at preparing meals
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 August 2016
Work day is usually alright get alone with employees well. Learned great customer service and how to work till. Management is good. Co-workers are good but do tend to get a little close than most expected. Hardest part is when I'm the only one on the front counter and rush hour happens, enjoyable would be having great laughs with the co-workers and getting along with them good.
Pros
discount
Cons
Pay isn't good for what i work
Great Work Balance /
Team Leader / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 May 2016
Great working environment, great team to work with.
Management are firm but fair and flexible with working arrangements.
On the job training provided, the daily interaction with customers, and colleagues
Pros
Flexible and Rewarding
Store Manager Red Rooster (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 February 2016
Greeting customers, preparing foods for the day trade. receiving deliveries, ordering deliveries, cleaning,customer service, banking,
stock takes.
Cons
long hours no incentives no bonses if you do well.
productive work place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 January 2016
hardest part of work was working overnight shifts.
meeting and interacting with different customers really excited me. my subordinates and colleagues were real source of support.i have learned the importance of team work and time management during my association with red rooster which has helped to boost my personality tenfold.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Overnight shifts
fun workplace
front counter and staff training/ plus kitchen (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 December 2015
management are always teaching new ways to do things, which keeps it interesting, and there is no point in a shift where there is nothing to be done. it's a very powerful workplace that would be seen as a small family almost.
Pros
staff discounts, fun, productive, learning, experiences
Cons
cleaning a lot, greasy
Mediocre
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 October 2015
Working a Red Rooster was fast paced and somewhat chaotic.When working in the fast food industry it is imperative that you have the skills needed for dealing with customers, finding solutions to problems and making sure the customer is satisfied with your service. Although I did not work for a long time a Red Rooster, I learned a few things that will be beneficial for future jobs to come. For example: listening to the customer and what they want, finding solutions to problems, working fast and efficiently, practicing personal and general hygiene and dealing well under pressure. The hardest part of the job is coping with time and a lot of customers at once during lunch and dinner rush hours. The most enjoyable part of working at RR is when you know exactly what you're doing and the customer is satisfied with your service.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Very little hours
friendly fun co workers
food and bevarage attendant (Former Employee) –  brisbane17 September 2015
i worked at the airport red rooster before it closed down it was a fun place to work for with great staff it was an enjoyable place to work for
Easy enjoyable workplace
Team Member - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD27 April 2015
Working at Red Rooster was by far one of the most easiest jobs iv had, its very chill and you get to know a lot of people, it can get rushed at times but overall it was a good weekend job to earn a little bit of money while i was schooling, everyone would get a rooster saying which days they worked and what time for the following week as i had school i would either ask for after school hours or to work the weekend, the pay rate was quite little and wage wasn't the best but for a junior that had barley any experience i would take what they gave me. Hardest part was probably dealing with fussy customers and maintaining a good speed of service for the company, Most enjoyable part is getting to know my fellow work mates and regular customers that came in.
Pros
Easy job with free food
Cons
Fussy customers