Red Rooster Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Can be a good place to work, but all depends on who you work with.
Front of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 January 2019
From my time working there I found that I increasingly despised being asked to come in. This was due to the terrible culture the store that I worked in had, mainly because of the store's manager.
Though I have heard that other Red Rooster stores are more relaxed and fun to work in, my store was over-the-top competitive, sexist and controlling.
A typical day at work would be taking orders from the front of the store and drive through, working with the till to complete transactions, packaging the orders and handing them out to customers. It is also expected that you maintain stock control for products such as drinks, ice creams, desserts, etc. and clean up the front of store wherever necessary.
The hardest part of the job would be when the store became overly packed, and the rush of completing the orders and handing them out became a bit too stressful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming closer with the other front of house employees in the store, although staff turnover was consistently high during my time there.
Pros
50% off products during shift, and 10% off products outside of shift
Cons
Not enough shifts, bad store culture, high staff turnover, bad communication between employees and managers
feeling underappreciated and not listened to at Red Rooster
customer service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 November 2018
on duty managers did not provide when I required simple assistance, shifts where allocated to days specified when I could not work, shifts were cut completely for weeks until I enquired and the last time I enquired I didn't get a response I understood.
I constantly felt like the previously moderately successful store was being run inefficiently and the managers or owners were not open to suggestion.
Pros
routinely
Cons
short hours and few shifts
Good for a first job.
Cashier & worked my way up to being a crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 October 2018
I enjoyed it as my first job, it unfortunately did not work out to be the perfect job for me as I out grew it and decided to be more involved in the family business.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
unprofessional management, unfair and rude managers
A great job for a beginner.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2018
Working at red rooster improved my skills in many ways but however somethings were not the best. For example, customer interaction is not needed due to the lack of customers.
Pros
More Breaks
Cons
Lack of customers
Easy job but poor management
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 May 2018
Managers are rude as. Jobs is easy though. Flexible with hours. Good part time job. Easy to manage with school. However managers do not have management skills and create drama
Pros
Good part time job
Cons
Management sucks
Red Rooster
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 March 2018
who works in Red's has good Job Work/Life Balance with best Salary/Benefits and Job Security/ Advancement, good understanding Management and Job Culture.
boring
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 February 2018
Its still one of the worst working environments ive been part of mostly because of the manager. the employees weren't welcoming at all and made me feel as if i wasn't welcomed there.
Pros
Distance
Cons
mangaer
Great environment
Senior staff member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2017
reliable and treated as a human being, not a number, glad to have worked here as my first job however sometimes management could be a little unstable and cruel
They could do better
Causal (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 December 2017
The Red Rooster I worked for was really good, the staff were friendly but the store owners were rude, they would teach you the basics and then thrown you in the deep end and get mad at you for not knowing every single thing off by heart after you'd only been there for a short time.
Pros
Reasonable discounts and flexible hours
Cons
Rude store owners
fun work place and productive
saving customers (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 November 2017
you enjoy working and socialize with people and have fun but as more customers come in they make work hard for you but stay confident. your work skill are needed for a long term work if your a part time worker
Pros
free lunch several days
Cons
30 minutes lunch break
Horrible place.
Front of house worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 September 2017
DONT WORK THERE, They'll take advantage of you and go against you in every way possible. No communication and don't go by contract. Save yourself. Its horrible.
alright
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 August 2017
Inconsistent hours and was often called on to cover for others.
Pay was below minimum. Was classified as part time even though I was to be casual. OHS not up to standard.
Not sure what this is saying
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 May 2017
I've worked with my dad and mum before there job is printing card and it was easy. And that experience was really fun because I had the chance to work and experience what it feels like to work and I am looking forward to work.
good job
Head kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 January 2017
Good job, good team members, training provided, great work place. easy to get along with managers and other staff members, pay rate was fair for the age of employees
Pros
uniform provided
Cons
smell like grease
Never to return
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 December 2016
Red Rooster definitely helped my social skills to develop as I got a lot of experience serving a wide customer basis, Other than that the atmosphere was not great at all, (majority) of managers were more worried about smoke breaks rather then helping.

Really poor communication in the fact that your shifts would be change with not even 24 hours notice.

Did not get a work uniform until 4 months after working there even though it had been taken out of my wage within my first month of working there. When I finally received the uniform both my pants and apron were second hand and stained.

Management did not manage much, Female staff toilet was broken, Broken drive-thru window with screws sticking out of it, broken speaker, broken combi oven etc.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Health and Safety, Poor wage, Managment
An adaptable working environment that allows a variety of skills to develop
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 December 2016
As my first job, working as a cashier for Red Rooster allowed my social and physical skills to essentially develop over the previous two years. Due to being at the young age of fifteen when I first began I had little experience in terms of the work force. With the help of my co-workers, managers and store owner at Red Rooster I was taught how to multitask, work with others and suit customer's needs in a swift, helpful manner whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers, Good pay
Cons
Limited shifts
Didnt work well.
Front of house worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 November 2016
Not enjoyable, it did bring money though that's about it. Management a bit messy with Pay. You get yelled at by customers alot, so if your not up for that dont consider working in fast food.
Pros
Friendly crew workers
Cons
messy management
Negative Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2016
I had 4 training shifts before i was left to my own devices... the manager told me i'd done a great job and was learning as well as expected. i then had 2 weeks off as i was sick and in hospital. i came back after i recovered and i was put in a new store. The owner was watching my every move. I told them when i first walked in that i wanted a quick lesson so i remembered everything. This was not given... i also asked if i could get a lesson on the coffee machine... as i'd never worked with one before... again this was not given... as the night got busy i was doing my personal best... serving drive thru customers as i was asked. The owner however kept yelling at me in front of customers... and making me out to be a complete idiot. He had me under so much pressure that i had an anxiety attack. he took me into the back office to try and cool down.... i'd defended myself multiple times up until this point and had just had enough... I know my self worth... so i wrote my resignation on a piece of paper and walked out. I think the biggest part of the problem is that as the owner he knows what he expects from the workers... but he won't put the money in for us to be properly trained and leaves the new workers in the hands of 15 and 16 year olds who don't really care if we are trained properly or not. i will be writing and official letter of complaint to the head office because there were lots of other problems as well. I hope that i save others from this cruel fate.
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager / Kitchen Hand / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 May 2016
A job is a job regardless of the industry, i liked that at red rooster i knew exactly what to do and the way of doing it to get the best outcome.
Great People
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 May 2016
You get to meet awsome people and work in a fast paced enviroment. This job helps you to gain an experience in adult hood and how you can use the skills you learn later on in life.