Red Rooster Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Good until sold to Franchisee
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 March 2016
My experience with Red Rooster was awesome fun at times over the years I worked under Red Rooster. This changed once the franchisee took over and started to run the store.
Before I felt like you could do your job and enjoy yourself with both customers and other workers, but after it turned into a franchise rumours of being watched on cameras 24/7, people being let go, and people being denied basic amounts of time off for ridiculous reasons while others got exactly what they wanted...basically discrimination. All my stars are for Red Rooster. Under them it was an enjoyable experience. Under a franchisee, it was painful and unpleasant. Recommend RR, not Franchisee
Pros
Fun working environment, under RR
Cons
Franchise
Great environment but poor rostering
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne22 September 2015
Red rooster, being my first job was quite enjoyable. The staff were friendly and so were the team leaders. Eventually new owners bought the place and the rostering was fairly slack. I was receiving one shift a week that added up to 3-4 hours. As i travelled a fair way it was difficult to continue the routine of working such a small shift once a week.
Pros
Great Working environment
Cons
poor rostering skills
Fun workplace with great team members to work with.
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC20 September 2015
Great first job, really good team of young bright colleagues to help and assist your journey to give you tips and ideas on how to be the best employee.
Pros
1 break for 30 minutes.
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and a fun workplace
Service cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne4 August 2015
A typical day at work would be serving all customers that come into the store. Also it would be handing out the food to them, cleaning of the restaurant keeping it tidy.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Located in a area that isn't quite built up yet
Former employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  melbourne21 April 2015
I was a shift supervisor, made me do the work but not pay me because there was no "written proof " which my former boss was aware of. Not enough hours. Not enough pay.
Staff and management ripped off on pay and annual leave.
Bullying environment, mainly by owners / others higher up in company.

No longer associated with this appalling business.
Pros
experience
Cons
Not enough pay, money hungry company.
Fun and great workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne7 August 2014
Was a great company to work for and gave good experience.
Learnt how to work in a fast paced environment.
Fun, fast paced, always something new to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC25 July 2014
Always something new to learn on a daily basis at Red Rooster, looking after a team of from 5-10 teenagers on a shift was an experience in itself, shifts can run smoothly or be complicated. staying calm and collected helps brings things back into perspective. hardest part of the job would be cooking equipment breaking down or being short staffed on a busy day/night. Over all Red Rooster is a fun place to work. Having the chance to work as a crew member then the opportunity to take the next step and become an assistant manager was very rewarding.
Pros
great salary
Cons
one weekend off a month, no lunch break or tea break
very good work place
red rooster (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC2 June 2014
was a very fun job to do would go back any time if i could i loved serving the customers and doing every bit of the job i was asked to do i loved it the people where great :)
Pros
long hours was great
Cons
i wanted more hours
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC29 March 2014
Working at Red Rooster taught me a lot, for example, customer service and dealing with all sorts of people, from managers and other staff members, to happy and unhappy customers.
I have learned skills from teamwork and communication to handling stress and staying calm in busy periods.
I have met some of the best people from working in this little store, not only are they caring and helpful staff members but they are friends that you will have for a lifetime, this would have to be the most enjoyable part of the job, they are the ones who make working fun.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude customers, Its easy to stay calm but it makes the job harder to enjoy when the people you have to be polite and nice to are so arrogant and mean.
Red Rooster was and is a great job for any one just looking for a little bit of money and a easy-going job, Its not a hard job, and the people make it very enjoyable. I would recommend it to any of my friends or people who asked about it.
The only reason I'm looking for a new job is because I want to start taking my career more seriously and start working in places that will get me to where I want to go.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Not enough Hours
fun workplace.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC5 March 2014
co workers are lovely people to work with. learnt to work under pressure with ease. worst part would be cleaning. most enjoyable part would be serving on drive through.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
i enjoyed working with my team members
SERVICE AND FOOD PREPARTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  melbourne vic10 January 2014
i enjoy preparing customers food, eorking as a team, preparing the daily food, ordering stock
writing rosters
Pros
meeting new friends
fast paced kitchen
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Eastland, Melbourne, Vic16 September 2013
I worked mainly 4-5 days a week, and I would be there usually 8 or 9 in the morning, to start machines, prep food, check stock, rotate it if needed, basically set myself up for the day, so that I can start doing orders as soon as possible, usually start ay 9 and really come in at 10, basically wanted to get all orders out and keep my stock up which would include, chips, chicken, burger needs. until about 1 when orders would slow down, so I could clean the joint before lunch rush at 2-3 and then school kids, another person is in at 2 to help, after that everything is cleaned, stock rotated, thrown out if need be, start making to order, and basically getting ready to close at 6. at some point during the day, you would skin the left over chickens and keep the chicken for rooster rolls the next day. that was usually it, the job was good I got really good at it so they usually had mainly me work there in the end. my boss sucked, very angry all the time.
hardest part was doing all the orders while keeping shop.
Pros
cheaper food
Cons
no overtime pay, usually overtime, cut other kitchen hand shifts
its fun work place because there is good music
makes the food at the back. (Current Employee) –  Melbourne28 December 2012
a typical day at work will be me going to work at 5:30pm and finishing at 10:30 pm with out any break in between. i learned that food safty is very important, my co-workers are very helpful, there is no hard part about the job and there is no enjoyable part about the job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough brake times
The people were great to work with, it just came down to wages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sunshine, Melbourne, VIC12 September 2012
A typical day at work would be taking orders over the front counter and drive thru, and assisting customers with any requests as best I was capable of. Stocking the drinks and deserts fridge and poping boxes for dinner rush. Cleaning the restraunt whenever customers had left.

I learnt more about how busy and stressful fast food can be, but how good it feels to be able to help customers and fulfill orders. I learnt about teamwork and always putting in 100% and about my duties as a cashier.

Managment was very organized and notified us whenever there was a change. Very friendly but when needed, very stirict.

Co-workers were extremely nice and got along with most. Friends you could count on for anything.

Hardest part of the job was taking too long on an order because we are really busy and having to see the customer getting upset because I would sometimes see myself in there position and want to fulfil there order as soon as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made with co-workers and being able to wark as a team. Fulfilling my duties towards customers and feeling apretiated.
Pros
co-workers and customers
Cons
pay
Full on, all out workplace.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Greensborough, Melbourne6 September 2012
I met some of the funniest and most amazing people through the job. a typical day at the job wasn't mentally easy. physically it was pretty relaxed. management was pretty good. my boss always looked after me. but pushed me the hardest in work. i learned majority of my customer service in that sector of the industry. i enjoyed sitting down and sharing time with co-workers and have casual conversations. the work was enjoyable also. although we got complaints here and there in the end it was just apart of the job.

overall it was an enjoyable experience.
Pros
full time position, friendly people/co-workers.
Cons
none.