Red Rooster Employee Reviews for Cashier

Not very good place for your first job and could have a bit more training days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belmont WA18 March 2019
The co workers around were nice and welcoming but the managers were a bit too pushy and mean. If the managers had less anger , this place would be great to work at.
Pros
Cons
The environment is bad
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rivervale WA8 February 2019
working mates were great who provided great working environment. The senior management team, however, were not as impressive. Quite pushing and bullying in nature
Pros
good shifts
Cons
store manager
uh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buddina QLD12 January 2019
What can you expect for fast food. Not a bad job, I just personally did not enjoy it. the girls were nice. shifts were pretty short so they went pretty fast
Tihs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NSW Sydney5 December 2018
Horrible managers, expects you to know how to properly do your job with hardly any training, constant bullying from managers,horrible pay, hardly any hours so how are you even supposed to learn how to do your job, and no over time pay
Pros
Learning how to deal with stnuc
Cons
Horrible horrible horrible managers
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW4 November 2018
Managers and co workers are amazing. Some may be rough but it works out! Team work at red rooster is very good. Everything goes very smoothing when its busy!
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Long hours, No aircon
Not always a positive experience.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 October 2018
Due to my age and nativity I was working long long days with no breaks and no overtime pay, unable to say no in fear of losing my job, I did what was asked of me, but now know better.
Basic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA29 September 2018
A typical day at work would be to go in and put the drive-through head set on ready for when a customer comes through drive though. Staff also had to ensure that all bench tops and food heaters were clean and sanitized for hygiene purposes. At Red Rooster, I learned that customer service is a very important aspect. Being polite and kind to the customer means they will want to come back in the future and lead to good reviews on the workplace itself. The hardest part of the job was when only one cashier was out front taking car orders and paying off the cars in the drive-through while packing orders. You had to keep on top of it all and not fall behind so good customer service remains in tact.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other staff members. They were all easy to get along with and everyone worked well together.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Discount only applied to certain things.
Good First Job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Wishart QLD17 July 2018
Overall a good workplace that works with your availability and is good for a high school student looking for their first job.

Has a good training program and is good for learning customer service skills.
Can be fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halls Head WA17 July 2018
I have been working here for 6 years now and have watched it change over time. I have seen many people come and go, but have learnt a great deal on how to deal with stressful situations.
Pros
50% off when working, 25% when not working
Cons
people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA16 June 2018
The working day involved food preparation for the fast food outlet as per health standards, customer service, taking orders, receiving monies and giving change, operating a computerised till, making sure orders are right for customer and giving orders to the customers
Pros
Good Shifts
Cons
LateHours
good worplacement with friendly staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alexander Heights WA30 April 2018
Thee staff and managers are really sweet and friendly. store is managed very well. I enjoy the happy environment that i walk into when working there. the Pay however isn't the best and is rarely on time.
Pros
work friends
Cons
pay isn't good
Easy going, Lovely people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beechboro WA10 April 2018
Red Rooster gets very busy very quickly so I had to learn quick thinking and how to handle being under a lot of pressure during the busy hours. Overall it is a great place to work, the pay is great and the people I worked with were really nice.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Busy Hours
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD19 March 2018
Work place culture is awesome. I really enjoy working there as a first job. The job training is great and very extensive. The support they provide is fantastic .
Pros
Discount on food
Fun workplace area
Cashier (Casual) FOH (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW11 March 2018
Red rooster was a completely new experience for me for my first job, at first it took a while to get my head around where every thing was in the store. The workplace was enjoyable and understanding when you needed time off.
Cons
Only worked 3 hour shifts and only worked a maxium of three days a week
Productive and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria10 March 2018
I like Red Rooster as a restaurant i think it's fun and new in terms of food, the reason i liked working as a cashier was to build up my customer serving skills and gain as much knowledge and experience about he place.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Tiring and long hours
was only 16 during my period of employment, it was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northam WA20 February 2018
only on a casual employment basis, maintained my position for over 6 months, decent work environment with a friendly manager, i found this position both fulfilling and rewarding
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
wage
First job
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD10 January 2018
Great experience. Great boss. Great employees to work with. Income was what the job was set for. Customer service. Fun time. Hours were helpful. Left sadly for another job
Pros
Money and experience
Cons
Ended for anither job
Great workplace but the manager..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carine WA10 January 2018
Working at Red Rooster was very fun and easy for me until the new management came. The original owner decided to sell so a new owner came and he was even worse than the last. The amount of times I had to tell him that I couldn't work on a day but he'd still put me on it, working there became a pain.
Pros
Easy work and good pay
Cons
Poor organisation in management
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St Clair NSW9 January 2018
it was a fun and uplifting environment. always teaching u to be with open arms to customers. a typical day working would include laughs as well as teaching us when it was time for play and time for work.
Pros
open to change
Cons
strick rules
It is a productive workplace, fun when focused
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT8 January 2018
Red Rooster in Northlakes is a fun job to be working at but it also has it's downsides.

When I worked there for the first month it was pretty relaxed when the boss wasn't around but for some reason I always felt that he had this hate feeling against me and for some reason I believe it was racism he would even try secretly abuse me when he forced me to either go to the freezer or the register. Also in my last week of working there he had full hate towards the Aboriginal culture, my culture rather if it were because they were drunk and no one could understand them but me or if he was just coloured. If it weren't for my sickness that got me fired I would of left.
Pros
10% discounts for high priced meals
Cons
Being yelled at for doing the right things for no reason