Red Rooster Employee Reviews for Cashier in Melbourne VIC

An adaptable working environment that allows a variety of skills to develop
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 December 2016
As my first job, working as a cashier for Red Rooster allowed my social and physical skills to essentially develop over the previous two years. Due to being at the young age of fifteen when I first began I had little experience in terms of the work force. With the help of my co-workers, managers and store owner at Red Rooster I was taught how to multitask, work with others and suit customer's needs in a swift, helpful manner whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers, Good pay
Cons
Limited shifts
Productive and a fun workplace
Service cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne4 August 2015
A typical day at work would be serving all customers that come into the store. Also it would be handing out the food to them, cleaning of the restaurant keeping it tidy.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Located in a area that isn't quite built up yet
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC29 March 2014
Working at Red Rooster taught me a lot, for example, customer service and dealing with all sorts of people, from managers and other staff members, to happy and unhappy customers.
I have learned skills from teamwork and communication to handling stress and staying calm in busy periods.
I have met some of the best people from working in this little store, not only are they caring and helpful staff members but they are friends that you will have for a lifetime, this would have to be the most enjoyable part of the job, they are the ones who make working fun.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude customers, Its easy to stay calm but it makes the job harder to enjoy when the people you have to be polite and nice to are so arrogant and mean.
Red Rooster was and is a great job for any one just looking for a little bit of money and a easy-going job, Its not a hard job, and the people make it very enjoyable. I would recommend it to any of my friends or people who asked about it.
The only reason I'm looking for a new job is because I want to start taking my career more seriously and start working in places that will get me to where I want to go.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Not enough Hours
The people were great to work with, it just came down to wages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sunshine, Melbourne, VIC12 September 2012
A typical day at work would be taking orders over the front counter and drive thru, and assisting customers with any requests as best I was capable of. Stocking the drinks and deserts fridge and poping boxes for dinner rush. Cleaning the restraunt whenever customers had left.

I learnt more about how busy and stressful fast food can be, but how good it feels to be able to help customers and fulfill orders. I learnt about teamwork and always putting in 100% and about my duties as a cashier.

Managment was very organized and notified us whenever there was a change. Very friendly but when needed, very stirict.

Co-workers were extremely nice and got along with most. Friends you could count on for anything.

Hardest part of the job was taking too long on an order because we are really busy and having to see the customer getting upset because I would sometimes see myself in there position and want to fulfil there order as soon as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made with co-workers and being able to wark as a team. Fulfilling my duties towards customers and feeling apretiated.
Pros
co-workers and customers
Cons
pay