Red Rooster Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Red Rooster review
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 November 2018
At Red Rooster, I worked as a cashier. I served customers at the front counter and drive through; I also learnt how to use the cash register as well as packing orders, and completing online deliveries.
Pros
interacting with people
Cons
not enough work
productive but speed was an issue. orders took to long to be made.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT16 July 2018
I think Red Rooster could improve by supporting and encouraging their employees and I also think that they need to clean up properly because that's not a healthy environment to be making food in.
Pros
working with new people who taught me how to do my job while i was still in training.
Cons
closing shifts.
Bully younger staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Altona Meadows VIC30 June 2018
Some management are bullies and won’t take responsibility for their actions. Youngest newbies get the blame for everything. Mine was run by different managers and they were nasty and moody and I cried a lot. I quit due to the headaches and stress. Often I was put on hrs I’d asked not to be put on. Staff rarely swap.
Pros
Money ok if not put off due to quiet times
Cons
Nasty. Picked on a lot and often their errors
own experience
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW2 May 2018
was alright, work and social life depends on the person, everyone is different. Some may love it there others not so much, management there takes there job seriously which is good, friendly staff and easy to get along with workers.
Great first job to acquire basic skills for the workforce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New South Wales1 April 2018
learnt many skills working as a cashier at Red Rooster. Learning how to operate point of service, cash handling, cleaning, customer service. Overall a positive work experience.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC20 February 2018
Start at 10 and finish at 6 work Monday to Friday and every second Sunday. Learned customer service and how to deal with aggressive customers, most enjoyable was working with the other staff members and the managers they made the work environment fun and were interested about your weekend and what you got up to. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the playground and trying to stay dry while doing so.
Very fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bass Hill NSW17 February 2018
Great experience , very healthy and hygienic . Many skills can be learned from working here. Great working team, hardworking, team work & overall and fun working space
First Take-Away I worked at
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 January 2018
A typical day would have to say was alright. I learned how food was packed, made,place was cleaned, how to things were behind the scenes when customers were to come and order there meals. Management was good. Workplace environment was good. always made sure was always clean after every meal or after being used (equipment's) .Hardest part about the job, there wasn't really anything hard about it.
red rooster
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ballajura WA10 January 2018
I did not enjoy working at red rooster,
I didn't like the management and the staff were rude.
I never felt welcome and i did not like this job one bit.
Pros
free food
Cons
the staff
First job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD30 October 2017
This was my first ever job, it started off well but when the management changed a lot of people left and got replaced quickly, I enjoyed the work place but it got to the point where the manager was just a bully.
Pros
Good food, knew how to do everything
Cons
The new manager
Customer Service
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 August 2017
Was kept busy and was a easy environment to work in, it would be a roller coaster of a day at around 11:30am- 1pm we wouldnt stop taking orders and making food and then until about 5pm we were just looking for things to do as it was so quiet with the occasional customer.
Positive Productive Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD14 August 2017
Red Rooster was a fantastic first Job as a Teenager and i was able to grow and develop my skills to assist in my future career choice. Its such a fun, fast paced environment
Fun and great opportunity to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reservoir VIC1 August 2017
I go into work every shift with a smile on my face and nothing but happiness to bring to others. When work gets hard or i get tired, i think to myself that the reason im here doing it in the first place, is for not only my own benefit but also pleasing our customers to the best of my ability.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
Fun workplace, great hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morayfield QLD26 June 2017
I worked at Red Rooster when I was in high school and it was the first proper job I had. It was great because they give you an opportunity to advance your qualifications in Retail and when you complete the Certificate they put your wage up. I had to leave because I fell pregnant but I would've continued to work here for much longer if that wasn't the case. Overall, it is a great learning experience for a high school student and a chance to advance in the retail industry.
Pros
Good hours, great staff
Cons
N/a
its a multicultural place to work meet lots of different people from different places
customer service, cashier (Current Employee) –  Geraldton WA8 June 2017
i do openings i usually arrive at work between 20 to 10 mins early to get myself organised so i am ready for my first customers.
what i have learned is patience and understanding of different customers one customer might be a bit on the grumpy side and just a smile and a good morning can help their mood, also never expect each day to be the same.
the management are helpful and know their jobs.
our work place consists of different cultures and religion we are all very happy to have different people within our work place and we all get along.
the hardest part of the job is that i dont get to spend a little bit more time to do more customer service as red rooster is a fast food restaurant and we are expected to get the food out as fast as we are able to and doesn't give me a lot of time to chat to the customers especially when i do drive thru or are in busy times.
most enjoyable times are when its not so busy and i do get a chance to have a bit of a chat to a customer like the other day i was serving on front counter and a family was driving home from Kalbarri to Bussleton came in i had a chance to have a bit of a chat to them and they were very happy having a chat as they were leaving i said to them have a safe trip home and i informed them the day before there was a bad accident on ocean road and they appreciated what i had told them and they said to me that my service was really friendly and nice and that made me happy to know that a customer was happy with my service.
Pros
discounted food and drinks while on shift, flexible with shifts
Cons
not long enough hours and sometimes not enough staff
Not good place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD16 May 2017
I dislike red rooster. I lost my job because a management fault and was blamed. I have since been unemployed and I am 17. Not impressed for my first job
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Painful hours (8 hours one day until 9pm, 9:30am start next day)
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW3 April 2017
Fun to work there good for someone that is just starting out or could be a long term career amazing benifits nice friendly team members understanding managers
Poor training with lack of management and quality in the workplace. No effort put in.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW23 March 2017
I didn't enjoy working at Red Rooster as it had very poor training making it hard for me to learn everything. I struggled to get along with staff as they would always yell at me.
Pros
I got okay pay
Cons
I had very little training
Fun workplace and everyone gets along like a family
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 March 2017
Everyday at work is different and always good, I love the people I work with and my managers are lovely people, I look forward to going to work, the only part I don't like is the customers but everyone is different and some customers are better than others
Pros
Short hours, good people
Cons
customers
Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor NSW22 March 2017
Red Rooster was a very fast paced workplace. It had high energy atmosphere and was fun to be a part of. One to one communication was key as orders needed to be taken correctly and passed to other workers. Also, if an order was handed out incorrectly, I was the person who helped the unsatisfied customer and reimbursed them or fixed their problem.