Red Rooster Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

workplace was alright
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelmscott, WA16 July 2015
red rooster is an alright place to work at
great people
great customers
reliable management
hardest part was leaving the job as i had worked there for over 8 months
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
short hours
Customer service/ retail assistant
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW24 June 2015
Working within the retail community, has improved my communication skills and knowledge within the industry. It also has developed my understanding in customer service and delivering the best product possible in order to continue in developing the company's image and promoting their products.
Working was enjoyable and a good environment to be apart of, the team was friendly and the staff remained to be respectable and friendly throughout my whole journey. Through that I was able to develop skills in working with a team environment and make sure that all my co-workers as well as myself were demonstrating a friendly atmosphere for the customers to be within. Overall working within the fast food industry was a great experience, as it developed my knowledge in skills within particular fields such as customer service, communicating with staff as well as customers, sales promotion, up-selling and to be able to handle busy and stressful environments.
Would never work in fast food again
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay20 May 2015
Work was easy and enjoyable, I learnt how to clean a kitchen and sweep/mop floors, and also how to properly handle food.
Management wasn't very professional there is a lot off drama that goes on outside of work and gets brought to work, very unprofessional. closing and cleaning up after a whole day was probably the hardest job, and unloading the PFD truck was the most enjoyable aspect.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Poor franchise maintainance and review
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan City, QLD20 May 2015
When I first started working at Red Rooster Logan Central, it was my first proper job. I enjoyed working with the staff and serving customers. There were busy shifts and there were the quiet shifts.

Quiet shifts went by quickly while being able to do more detailed work while busy shifts were handled by more staff helping each other out. I learnt how to handle tasks under time and pressure, how to positively approach a conflict situation between customers and staff, how to prepare products and minor amounts of management.

The store I was working at was taken over by new management when the previous franchisee sold the store. The management and work ethic has dramatically decreased in the store I work at to the point where the old staff want to leave.

I have been working there for almost four years now with no prospect of advancement and with my shifts cut down from 15+ hours a week to one 5 hour shift a week. It is no longer enjoyable.
Pros
Great friendly staff
Cons
Terrible franchisee management
Fun Environment With productive work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD10 April 2015
1. Fun, Productive and enjoyable.
2. I learned to work as a team better and more people skills.
3. Management was encouraging and rewarding.
4. Co-workers were happy and friendly.
5. Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and being successful at the end of each day.
Best Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Loganholme, QLD22 March 2015
The typical day at work was slow-paced but that meant that the restaurant was ALWAYS clean and tidy no matter what. I learned that you can really love where you work and the people you work with. The environment at Red Rooster isn't like any other fast food store, it's welcoming and extremely customer driven.

My manager was the best manager anyone could ever ask for. He treated everyone with the respect they deserved and always joked around all the time with employees brightening everyone's day. Some co-works were often stressed and hard to communicate at times but others have been friends of mine for years.

The hardest part of the job would be trying to keep the exterior of the restaurant (car park, outside walls) as clean as it was on the inside. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the community in store and the long-term friendships made no matter how old/experienced you are.
Pros
Discounts
Good Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Emerald, QLD23 January 2015
Early starts to set up, great team, fast paced, not pushed to do overtime, lots of fun
Pros
Discounts
red rooster
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  perth wa2 October 2014
i worked at red rooster for a short period of time because they new my hearing wasn't getting any better.
i was a cashier and worked on drive thru.
Pros
got me out of the house and got me talking to people
Cons
pay was bad
customer sales service
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lavington, NSW3 September 2014
experienced customer service attendent, able to handle customer complaints confident register operator, experience in opening and closing store, ability to build great relationships with my clients and co workers
Pros
Cons
bullying
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA2 September 2014
Good management,friendly team members and comfortable atmosphere, helpfull atmosphere for skill improvements such as communication skill, interpersonal skill, team work, time management, finance management etc.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Less payment
great work place environment, great management
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs, NSW2 September 2014
the management was aboslutly amazing and the staff were great and fun to work with.

a tipical day a work would be go in sign in get strat to work wiping tables down greeting customer taking orders parring orders.

the hardest part of the job was making the coffee.

the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be seeing the customer enjoying their meals and giving the staff great feedback.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
First job after leaving school prepairing me for future employment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Yamanto, QLD19 August 2014
Working as team member achieving set goals, working with good understanding of safety and work place ethics.
Fun and great workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne7 August 2014
Was a great company to work for and gave good experience.
Learnt how to work in a fast paced environment.
fun workplace.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC5 March 2014
co workers are lovely people to work with. learnt to work under pressure with ease. worst part would be cleaning. most enjoyable part would be serving on drive through.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Overall decent place to work
Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  Booval, QLD3 March 2014
Most shifts were constant orders, so there was never much time to stand around. and if there was i would find something to clean and make sure that the presentation of the store was a high standard for the customers who would enter our facility. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the different personalities of the customers whom you meet day to day.
Pros
Good company
Cons
No air conditioning
well balanced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jimboomba, QLD14 January 2014
red rooster jimboomba had an excellent team and wonderful management. everyone knew what was required of them and things would flow quite well within the store
Red Rooster Workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kuluin/Maroochydore Road13 January 2014
People think that all our employees do is serve chicken but what they don't understand is how many strict requirements and rules we have to follow. We are expected too meet certain targets of sales each day, keep up exceptional standards when serving customers and still strive as a team when the day gets to busy to handle at times. I've learnt a lot about what it's like to be a team and how important it is for everyone to put in the effort so that everything can run smoothly and efficiently. I feel more confident and more of a people person now that I've had to be confronted with some challenging personalities in the workplace and just customers in general. I have picked up skills on how to deal with conflict and how I should act to get myself out of an uncomfortable situation. I feel as though certain people have shaped me and I've learnt how to open up and not keep to myself as much as I used to. I think all managers do so much to keep the store running as well as it does, one manager in particular does so much and I feel as if she goes unnoticed or people just can't be bothered to show their appreciation. She is always picking up the slack of others and working non-stop, even on her days off without a single complaint. I enjoy the time I spend with the people I work with, I get along with 95% of the staff. I like the fact that we all work hard but we can still have a laugh with each other. I love that mostly all of us are around the same age so I just click with everyone's personalities really well. I find myself getting very stressed when it's extremely busy and I feel as  more... if though all the managers on duty care about is how fast the food is getting out to drive thru. It's so hard to balance serving people on front counter, taking drive thru head set, cashing out a car, packing the orders and still trying to tell the kitchen hand what you need. Sometimes they forget how stressful it can be for cashiers and they don't do much to help, especially when we are short staffed. I do like my job and I love the people I work with, everything just gets abit stressful and I am so eager to find a new workplace for a change of scenery and too learn even more new things and meet more fantastic people.  less
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Organised and Family type workplace
Customer Services, General cleaning and Cafe (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay, QLD12 December 2013
I enjoyed my time at Red Rooster,
the workplace was very friendly, always happy and bubbly service and it was more of a family then workplace, we helped each other out if another needed help and there were no customers needing to be served.
Customers always had a warm greeting.
Pros
Clean and organised
Fast-paced but enjoyable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 October 2013
A typical day at Red Rooster would include taking customer's orders with a smile and a friendly tone, handling cash safely and securely, keeping the store tidy and presentable (as well and hazard free), and always helping my co-workers out when the needed it.
I learnt many tips with customer service through my time at Red Rooster, as well as always meeting the expectations of my manager/s.
My manager/s and co-workers were friendly and helped me along with my on-the-job training.
The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to meet the customer's needs when we are out of a certain food item.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finish at the end of the day and look back on what you had achieved that shift.
Pros
Everyday challenges, friendly managers, flexibility.
Cons
Hot working environment.
Fun job, very polite co-workers and managers
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba11 August 2013
Working at Red Rooster was very good, had polite and helpful co-workers. The hours were good and everyone always had a friendly face and smile.
Pros
Free lunchs when I worked from open until close, good pay, long hours
Cons
Carrying heavy crates to refil the fridges