Red Rooster Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member

Red Rooster
Red Rooster (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC30 April 2019
It was a typical fast food job, show up to the shift, do the work and go home. The management was good and i learnt how to work efficiently with the aid of other people.
kitchen hand
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW5 March 2019
despite having sufficient amount of staff, most of the time i would have to do work of others due to them not pulling weight, even if i was assigned kitchen hand i would do cashier at the same time or on my own will. Having to pull other people's weight and being accused of doing something i never did was the most frustrating part of the job, management would always have a reason to be angry and rude even though there was no need to be.
The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job as some of them do leave a smile on your face with nice compliments.
Pros
Learning how to do things that were not required of me to do - knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload, having to pull others weights
hated it.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Bowen QLD3 March 2019
Its a great place to work. That is, if you don't care about being belittled. Good job, if you are a teen looking for some pocket money. I hated it. But whatever.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Mean Bosses
Worst Job ever
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD24 February 2019
Bad ownership from multiple owners, cant run a business doesn't pay super, was a struggle to get tax invoice, bully owner extremely rude and not nice to work with, always a struggle every day to complete tasks since everything was always broken such as fryers, microwaves, ovens have only one oven to cook everything in, basically always something broken. understaffed having to do 10 things at once, some managers were bad and didn't know what they were doing, shows up late nothings ready when the store is open, e.g fryers not on , chickens not ready yet,sitting on phone in office watching video most the time

Hardest part of the job, trying to get everything done, coming in some mornings starting at 8:30am, store opens at 9am, rubbish everywhere in the bin room broken bags with peas and gravey and chicken leaking everywhere, piles of boxs and rats running around,12 chickens to strip ( weren't stripped the night before while warm like procedure,got to fully strip 12 cold chickens) By the time iv filled sauces and made gravy,cooked bacon and sub rolls and filled everything its already 9am, line full of people enter store as soon as we open doors, fryers not warmed up, chickens still have 10 mins left to cook(managers fault) freezer delivery would be there stacking giant piles of boxes from the freezer to back door, customers then would order all different stuff like Tropicana pack,(chicken still in oven) mash and gravy(haven't made mash yet only enough hot water to make gravy and got to wait for the stupid machine) some smash burger( thered be only frozen avocado and none pulled
  more... out,( other staff not doing their jobs previous shifts ) haven't cooked crispy bacon cause was cooking normal bacon and subs in oven, got to climb over boxes to get in freezer to get pineapple fritter, drive through head set beeping,finally can put down stuff in fryer, chicken over beeps,drive through makes order something difficult to make, probs add something at the window of drive through and manager wont let me know so wont notice it on screen making wait times longer, got to wait and stick thermometer in to test chicken warmth,cut chicken try make mash, burger bun will get caught toaster, customers abusing, just a constant struggle trying to do so many things at once, trying to strip chicken and do dishes and customers constantly coming in and having to stop and and cant get stuff done , as soon as a orders done and go to put gloves on to strip chickens or do dishes head set would beep or customer walk through front of store, hard to explain in writing but yeah everything goes wrong

People doing drugs in toilets, wiping poo on the walls, people trying to break into the back of the store,customers being aggressive and abusive

Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the shift
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
bad owners and managment, rude customers, everything broken, other staff not doing there jobs properly making my job harder
Unorganised
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC13 February 2019
Was not impressed with the management, or the job introduction and training. Shifts were not given in advance and often last minute, which caused a lot of complications.
Fun Workplace
Kitchenhand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2019
Great opportunity to work with amazing people. If the opportunity i arises i would definitely recommend giving them a go, especially for if you wanted any experience in the field.
Red Rooster review
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Victoria16 January 2019
Working at Red Rooster was alright for my first job, but after working there for 6 months, I wouldn't stick around much longer. I started off with great hours, but that slowly dropped off, till now where I am only given three hours a week. I really don't like the way that the place is run, and there are definitely "invincible" employee's at the store. The place is constantly a hazard, with the tile floors always slippery from all the water that just sits on the ground, to the point where I can slide along the tiles with no effort. 50% on shift discount is good, though I have had some issues where items have not seemed to be discounted and I end up paying the full amount. I am just about 18, and have received no shifts for a couple of weeks now, presumably because they don't want to pay for my wages anymore, and when I messaged the manager asking what is going on, he jumped around the question, and just asked for my availability (though I know that this is a common trick in fast food stores). In my time working in the store, I have only seen the manager in the store twice, which I think is quite poor.
Pros
Decent wage, good on shift discount
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, bad working environment, can be stressful
Casual but testing workplace
Kitchen hand (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW19 December 2018
Fun and enjoyable experience with great people. Environment is fun and friendly but also hard working. Pay is decent but, along with minimal hours and shifts the pay doesn't amount to much. For a first job it is okay but would recommend working at reds only if it is close to home.
Pros
Free food at the end of every shift and occasionally while working
Cons
Minimal shifts and hours
Efficient service with lovely staff
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC6 November 2018
A typical day at work for me is getting the work done as best as possible, management, however, could be better. I have learned how to be more independent and not rely on anyone else, as well as being able to adapt to and gain personal/work-related skills. Watching others that I work with and how they are able to deal with situations as well as take control in order to make sure service runs as smoothly as possible has also allowed me to pick up more personal skills in order for me to better myself as a worker.
Pros
Workers are easy to get along with.
Cons
My pay is currently $12 an hour, and meant to be $17.
management
Kitchen-hand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD29 October 2018
management where I worked in Toowoomba were great they were like friends to everyone that worked there, and the hours of work were good along with the pay
Unsafe Workplace
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Marsden QLD21 October 2018
the workplace was not safe i fainted two times and slipped on the ice and oil that was on the ground and sometimes the water that was left on the ground. also food health and safety was not present in the workplace where i saw a employee drop a piece of food on the ground and then they continued to make the customer's order with the food that was dropped on the ground.
Good first job
Kitchen hand and front of house (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW18 September 2018
This job was a good first job, and allowed me to mature and adjust to a working life. I was given multiple opportunities to acquire new skills, relationships and understandings of the working world.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of hours
Great place to work but not enough shift opportunities.
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Morwell VIC14 August 2018
I had some good managers as well as some bad ones. i found that one of my managers was rather discriminating towards non Australian/ darker workers as we started notices our shifts going down.
Pros
Chill workplace
Cons
No shifts
Good place
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  New South Wales7 August 2018
Its a good place to work learned so many of things related to fast food management is pretty good staff is very friendly hardest part to deal with some annoying customers most enjoyable part of job is finish work and get one free meal at the end of the day
Good place to start working.
Cashier and Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD3 August 2018
Good company to start working at. Wouldn't be a good job to live off. Hours can vary, usually only 20ish hours a week. Good to learn how to work in a team environment and under pressure.
It was not easy to work there, but worth it
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT3 August 2018
I worked there as kitchen hand about a year.
It was not easy to work as a foreigner, but thanks to my kind colleagues, I very enjoyed working there.
Especially, the managers treated me kindly. The kindness I still can not forget.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
pretty busy
great working place
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD31 July 2018
had learnt alot while working there. had to keep up with the fast pace when it was rush hour but also had to keep up with the hygiene and ethics of the place
It was not really that great
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Northam WA15 July 2018
In the time i worked there it was okay until near the end where the manager that was employed was replaced by 3 idiots who did not know what to do making them unbearable to work with.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Terrible managers
Was enjoyable with previous management
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Currambine WA14 July 2018
Business has recently being taken over by another management group that does not understand Australian culture or business. Used to be a fun place to work.
Pros
Food
Good Job
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 July 2018
It was a good job for the time being that I worked there, but it was never going to be a permanent thing, so it was good as a short job. But as a long term i wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad managment