Red Rooster Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member in Melbourne VIC

Not sure what this is saying
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 May 2017
I've worked with my dad and mum before there job is printing card and it was easy. And that experience was really fun because I had the chance to work and experience what it feels like to work and I am looking forward to work.
good job
Head kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 January 2017
Good job, good team members, training provided, great work place. easy to get along with managers and other staff members, pay rate was fair for the age of employees
Pros
uniform provided
Cons
smell like grease
Great People
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 May 2016
You get to meet awsome people and work in a fast paced enviroment. This job helps you to gain an experience in adult hood and how you can use the skills you learn later on in life.
Good until sold to Franchisee
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 March 2016
My experience with Red Rooster was awesome fun at times over the years I worked under Red Rooster. This changed once the franchisee took over and started to run the store.
Before I felt like you could do your job and enjoy yourself with both customers and other workers, but after it turned into a franchise rumours of being watched on cameras 24/7, people being let go, and people being denied basic amounts of time off for ridiculous reasons while others got exactly what they wanted...basically discrimination. All my stars are for Red Rooster. Under them it was an enjoyable experience. Under a franchisee, it was painful and unpleasant. Recommend RR, not Franchisee
Pros
Fun working environment, under RR
Cons
Franchise
Fun workplace with great team members to work with.
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC20 September 2015
Great first job, really good team of young bright colleagues to help and assist your journey to give you tips and ideas on how to be the best employee.
Pros
1 break for 30 minutes.
Cons
Long hours.
fast paced kitchen
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Eastland, Melbourne, Vic16 September 2013
I worked mainly 4-5 days a week, and I would be there usually 8 or 9 in the morning, to start machines, prep food, check stock, rotate it if needed, basically set myself up for the day, so that I can start doing orders as soon as possible, usually start ay 9 and really come in at 10, basically wanted to get all orders out and keep my stock up which would include, chips, chicken, burger needs. until about 1 when orders would slow down, so I could clean the joint before lunch rush at 2-3 and then school kids, another person is in at 2 to help, after that everything is cleaned, stock rotated, thrown out if need be, start making to order, and basically getting ready to close at 6. at some point during the day, you would skin the left over chickens and keep the chicken for rooster rolls the next day. that was usually it, the job was good I got really good at it so they usually had mainly me work there in the end. my boss sucked, very angry all the time.
hardest part was doing all the orders while keeping shop.
Pros
cheaper food
Cons
no overtime pay, usually overtime, cut other kitchen hand shifts
Full on, all out workplace.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Greensborough, Melbourne6 September 2012
I met some of the funniest and most amazing people through the job. a typical day at the job wasn't mentally easy. physically it was pretty relaxed. management was pretty good. my boss always looked after me. but pushed me the hardest in work. i learned majority of my customer service in that sector of the industry. i enjoyed sitting down and sharing time with co-workers and have casual conversations. the work was enjoyable also. although we got complaints here and there in the end it was just apart of the job.

overall it was an enjoyable experience.
Pros
full time position, friendly people/co-workers.
Cons
none.