Red Rooster
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Red Rooster Job Security & Advancement reviews

Great first job for those finishing school or are in last years of school. Fast paced environment, great team work. Balance with hours depending on what your contract
The experience that came with working at Red Rooster and the overall environment was incredible and even the co-workers that i worked along side when i was on shift was outstanding.
new challenges every day, trying everyday to do better and better, as kitchen hand demands perfection. kept myself in a challenge to do good and used home basic knowledge that helped me there.
management had clear favourites and often hired friends and family and gave them shifts over everyone else. they also frequently roster outside of your given availability and then leave it up to you to find a replacement for your shift
I really enjoy working at red rooster as it is a good work atmosphere and I am well educated and have a lot of knowledge in regards to Red Rooster. It is a good first job for me as I have learnt so much
Red Rooster has a great job opportunity for teenagers who are going throgh highschool at the time of employment. They are understanding with tests and the balance of school life, social life, and work life.
General Manager was irresponsible and mean. she also made her daughter replace my shift with out my notice even though the person told me to replace his shift.
People are easy to get along with, FOH duties are pretty easy to keep up with, this job really helps you to gain a lot of skills and experience especially if it's your first.
Great place to be at, new challenges everyday as people walk in the restaurant with different mindset and unique requirements. Work culture in a restaurant is always best to learn about working in teams.
gave me the money I needed to do what I wanted at the time, was mostly a good experience working at Red Rooster, only a few hiccups but that was because of the specific store, not RR itself
Really enjoyed working at Red Rooster, feliable shifts, training is provided well, reliable staff, learned valuble skills, i enjoyed making customers satisfied.
There is a lack of management in all areas. They expect you to work there for the rest of your life, when handing in a resignation letter you receive a million questions on what your next job is and how much you're getting paid. If you ask for a sick leave WITH MEDICAL CERTIFICATE they still question you like you've committed a crime.
At first I throughly enjoyed working here however, I begun to see how atrocious it was to really work here. Was being underpaid for my age at the time, threatened that if I didn't do deliveries (I disliked driving around at night and I made them aware of this) and use my own car plus pay for business insurance which was $3500 a year I would be fired! Made me use my phone on my red P plates which is ILLEGAL. Had to quit over the stress, management requesting me to work while I was at school and the constant threats from management.
I love working here. Although it was for a short time, I had to leave due to my 3 month year old brother and my mother could never get me to my shifts. I regretted leaving.
Pros
Cruisey work
Cons
Mostly quiet, minimal staffing. Learned a lot of skills for future jobs which is highly beneficial. Management and workplace culture is slightly unorganised. Hardest part about the job are some of the abusive customers and meeting demands within a certain time limit. Most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers, the skills built whilst working at the job and most of the customer experience.
When I worked here I did like it in the beginning but then after a while I didn’t like it and didn’t feel welcome there at all. So I decided to leave. I got treated in a way that I didn’t like and it made me feel low
Friendly team members, good training opportunities and the ability to receive discounts on food and drinks. Overall, a good work environment with decent pay.
Pros
Discount on food; good team to work with
Cons
No opportunity for career progression
People bully each other and it is just like another school place, the company itself is quite nice but the people there made it a very unhealthy place to work.
Pros
Nice workplace, nice discounts
Cons
Not enough job security, very minamal hours
it was a good learning experience working there as i learnt alot of communication skills i use today and working in a retail/customer service environment
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind - more...
Working in Red Rooster was an experience in its own Management was good especially the manager that i worked with when i was assistant manager. Clean and friendly workplace
  1. Job Security & Advancement