Red Rooster Management reviews

Red Rooster
Red Rooster (Kitchen Staff) (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC30 April 2019
It was a typical fast food job, show up to the shift, do the work and go home. The management was good and i learnt how to work efficiently with the aid of other people.
Not very good place for your first job and could have a bit more training days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belmont WA18 March 2019
The co workers around were nice and welcoming but the managers were a bit too pushy and mean. If the managers had less anger , this place would be great to work at.
Pros
Cons
The environment is bad
awful
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 March 2019
it was absolutely awful and unclean and honestly made me want to throw up every time i walked in. it was horrible. lousy pay. horrible bosses, who never speak English.
kitchen hand
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW5 March 2019
despite having sufficient amount of staff, most of the time i would have to do work of others due to them not pulling weight, even if i was assigned kitchen hand i would do cashier at the same time or on my own will. Having to pull other people's weight and being accused of doing something i never did was the most frustrating part of the job, management would always have a reason to be angry and rude even though there was no need to be.
The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job as some of them do leave a smile on your face with nice compliments.
Pros
Learning how to do things that were not required of me to do - knowledge
Cons
Heavy workload, having to pull others weights
Red Rooster
Team member/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW28 February 2019
Working in Red Rooster was an experience in its own Management was good especially the manager that i worked with when i was assistant manager. Clean and friendly workplace
Welcoming staff quiet work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC27 February 2019
I would serve a few very nice customers and a few that were very hard to please. I worked for 2-4 hrs for 2-3 days a week. Staff are nice people but do not talk very much.I felt welcome. Management was ok, not many staff would work due to lack of customers. The hardest part about the job was talking to customers although I did get a hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to serve customers and have small conversations with them.
Pros
Kind staff
Cons
Paid every two weeks
typical fast food job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Western Australia13 February 2019
typical fast food job, average pay, average hours. not the best but also not the worst. management could be better - manager does not really acknowledge employee happiness.
Unorganised
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC13 February 2019
Was not impressed with the management, or the job introduction and training. Shifts were not given in advance and often last minute, which caused a lot of complications.
Good Staff, Poor Ownership
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC12 February 2019
From working at the Lalor Red Rooster store for over 5 years I have met and worked with many different employees of several different ages and they are what made working there enjoyable. The work was not very difficult and the stores management was excellent. The upper management and the ownership of the franchise was very poor. The new owner was very sexist in demanding that front of house cashiering duties were to only be handled by females due to them being more "Appealing" to customers.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rivervale WA8 February 2019
working mates were great who provided great working environment. The senior management team, however, were not as impressive. Quite pushing and bullying in nature
Pros
good shifts
Cons
store manager
fast paced friendly environment
check out operator (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool VIC5 February 2019
Red Rooster was a fast paced friendly environment where I learnt many skills on how to prepare and develop food. My time management skills improved a lot whilst working here.
horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northam WA5 February 2019
one of the absolute worst places to work. Horrible management, incredibly rude store owners, forced to be casual even if you were hired as part or full time. Nobody should ever work there and the store should close down for good.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
first job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Erina NSW27 January 2019
loved this ob, loved the team, loved management. very friendly and worked well with my schooling. i learnt very quickly and was trained to train new staff at just 16 years old. left due to having spinal surgery.
Poor trainers but good staff
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Pascoe Vale VIC21 January 2019
My time with Red Rooster was anxiety inducing and confusing. I began work at the beginning of 2017 whilst i was 16 and was given less than 4 hours of training from the promised 12. My only assistance was from other employees and 1 manager. I was given only 2 hours a week from the shift manager on a Sunday 6-8 pm, this occurred for 2 months until i was let off for 2 months without being told. I found out about this from fellow employees whom i talk to on a daily basis. Once i finally received more shifts it returned to a 2 and a half hour shift from 6-8:30 pm. I finally decided to discontinue my work at red rooster once i was faced with abuse and harassment from the management staff and suffered much trauma from this experience that has made me stay away from employment for a year and a half. I would not recommend this job for anyone that has any history with mental illnesses like anxiety or depression and would look for something else.
Pros
Nice and supporting co-workers
Cons
Management system needs to be improved
Red Rooster review
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Victoria16 January 2019
Working at Red Rooster was alright for my first job, but after working there for 6 months, I wouldn't stick around much longer. I started off with great hours, but that slowly dropped off, till now where I am only given three hours a week. I really don't like the way that the place is run, and there are definitely "invincible" employee's at the store. The place is constantly a hazard, with the tile floors always slippery from all the water that just sits on the ground, to the point where I can slide along the tiles with no effort. 50% on shift discount is good, though I have had some issues where items have not seemed to be discounted and I end up paying the full amount. I am just about 18, and have received no shifts for a couple of weeks now, presumably because they don't want to pay for my wages anymore, and when I messaged the manager asking what is going on, he jumped around the question, and just asked for my availability (though I know that this is a common trick in fast food stores). In my time working in the store, I have only seen the manager in the store twice, which I think is quite poor.
Pros
Decent wage, good on shift discount
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, bad working environment, can be stressful
good place for work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carine WA14 January 2019
when its own by company i like to work there but after franchise management is not good when you come back from holiday you did not get you shift back
Pros
nothing
Cons
short shift and less hour
Horrible management wouldn't recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD4 January 2019
The work environment is bad, not fun. Management was so bad, was all good till a new manager came in and the place went downhill. All of a sudden stopped getting shifts, I called emailed and texted and never got a response. When I went in they were too busy to talk about my lack of shifts.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
little to no shifts
Horriblr
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT17 December 2018
I only stayed for 6 months as it was the worst environment to be in. the satff were rude, the managers were greedy and rude. It was hard being in that environment as it wasnt nice.
Pros
short hours
Cons
staff there
Horrible managemt
Cashier /Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lakemba NSW16 December 2018
Absolutely horrible work environment. Staff are underpaid and not provided with sufficient training. Manager is rude and unprofessional. Would definitely not recommend this workplace to anyone.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Unfair treatment
Tihs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NSW Sydney5 December 2018
Horrible managers, expects you to know how to properly do your job with hardly any training, constant bullying from managers,horrible pay, hardly any hours so how are you even supposed to learn how to do your job, and no over time pay
Pros
Learning how to deal with stnuc
Cons
Horrible horrible horrible managers