Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Great pay and management, however quick to drop you.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD26 February 2019
Red Rooster, for a fast food restaurant it wasn't bad. The pay was fine, nothing spectacular. However I took a shift off when a family member passed and they took me off the rosters for it, I went almost a month without a shift before pulling them up on it. It turned out that the manager working the shift I took off hadn't written down my reason for not being there.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Long Hours
Worst Job ever
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD24 February 2019
Bad ownership from multiple owners, cant run a business doesn't pay super, was a struggle to get tax invoice, bully owner extremely rude and not nice to work with, always a struggle every day to complete tasks since everything was always broken such as fryers, microwaves, ovens have only one oven to cook everything in, basically always something broken. understaffed having to do 10 things at once, some managers were bad and didn't know what they were doing, shows up late nothings ready when the store is open, e.g fryers not on , chickens not ready yet,sitting on phone in office watching video most the time

Hardest part of the job, trying to get everything done, coming in some mornings starting at 8:30am, store opens at 9am, rubbish everywhere in the bin room broken bags with peas and gravey and chicken leaking everywhere, piles of boxs and rats running around,12 chickens to strip ( weren't stripped the night before while warm like procedure,got to fully strip 12 cold chickens) By the time iv filled sauces and made gravy,cooked bacon and sub rolls and filled everything its already 9am, line full of people enter store as soon as we open doors, fryers not warmed up, chickens still have 10 mins left to cook(managers fault) freezer delivery would be there stacking giant piles of boxes from the freezer to back door, customers then would order all different stuff like Tropicana pack,(chicken still in oven) mash and gravy(haven't made mash yet only enough hot water to make gravy and got to wait for the stupid machine) some smash burger( thered be only frozen avocado and none pulled
  more... out,( other staff not doing their jobs previous shifts ) haven't cooked crispy bacon cause was cooking normal bacon and subs in oven, got to climb over boxes to get in freezer to get pineapple fritter, drive through head set beeping,finally can put down stuff in fryer, chicken over beeps,drive through makes order something difficult to make, probs add something at the window of drive through and manager wont let me know so wont notice it on screen making wait times longer, got to wait and stick thermometer in to test chicken warmth,cut chicken try make mash, burger bun will get caught toaster, customers abusing, just a constant struggle trying to do so many things at once, trying to strip chicken and do dishes and customers constantly coming in and having to stop and and cant get stuff done , as soon as a orders done and go to put gloves on to strip chickens or do dishes head set would beep or customer walk through front of store, hard to explain in writing but yeah everything goes wrong

People doing drugs in toilets, wiping poo on the walls, people trying to break into the back of the store,customers being aggressive and abusive

Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the shift
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
bad owners and managment, rude customers, everything broken, other staff not doing there jobs properly making my job harder
Good for learning under pressure
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA22 February 2019
It teaches a lot and allows an employee to develop good communication and customer service skills. I was able to develop public speaking skills, organisational and multi tasking skills.
A quiet work place, very cliquey and not very inclusive
Team member (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC19 February 2019
I struggled quite a bit when working here as the other employees were friends outside of work and it felt very divided when working together.

I was spoken to with little to no respect and regularly given shifts on days I'd already had told the managers I wouldn't be available.

I liked the customers and had some of my most positive sales experiences there.
typical fast food job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Western Australia13 February 2019
typical fast food job, average pay, average hours. not the best but also not the worst. management could be better - manager does not really acknowledge employee happiness.
Unorganised
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC13 February 2019
Was not impressed with the management, or the job introduction and training. Shifts were not given in advance and often last minute, which caused a lot of complications.
All fun and games until we got franchised.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA12 February 2019
I really enjoyed working for Red Rooster, I felt like part of a family, i had friends and a really great job! I was even up for a promotion, then everything changed when the franchised attacked. Only the manager, master of all crew members could save me but when I needed her most she left for another store too far from where i lived so i stayed behind while she took all my friends.
Pros
great regular customers
Cons
Home Delivery.
Good Staff, Poor Ownership
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC12 February 2019
From working at the Lalor Red Rooster store for over 5 years I have met and worked with many different employees of several different ages and they are what made working there enjoyable. The work was not very difficult and the stores management was excellent. The upper management and the ownership of the franchise was very poor. The new owner was very sexist in demanding that front of house cashiering duties were to only be handled by females due to them being more "Appealing" to customers.
Productive and Fun environment
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Goulburn NSW12 February 2019
Each day at Reds is different, you never know which customers you'll get and you can never fully know if it will be busy for that day but all you have to do is ensure you're organised and it is an extremely rewarding place to work. The staff are great and helping young kids come into the working world would be the most rewarding part.
Pros
friendships within colleagues
Cons
Shift work
Fun Workplace
Kitchenhand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 February 2019
Great opportunity to work with amazing people. If the opportunity i arises i would definitely recommend giving them a go, especially for if you wanted any experience in the field.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rivervale WA8 February 2019
working mates were great who provided great working environment. The senior management team, however, were not as impressive. Quite pushing and bullying in nature
Pros
good shifts
Cons
store manager
fast paced friendly environment
check out operator (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool VIC5 February 2019
Red Rooster was a fast paced friendly environment where I learnt many skills on how to prepare and develop food. My time management skills improved a lot whilst working here.
horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northam WA5 February 2019
one of the absolute worst places to work. Horrible management, incredibly rude store owners, forced to be casual even if you were hired as part or full time. Nobody should ever work there and the store should close down for good.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Morwell VIC2 February 2019
This place was a good place to work. There was friendly staff and coworkers, both were helpful and would take time to teach you as much as they can. Although, I had a not so great experience. I didn't receive any more shifts after a while and was told to sign up for another position and I would be hired again but never got the chance to. There was no hard part about this job, it's pretty easy going and a chill place to work.
first job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Erina NSW27 January 2019
loved this ob, loved the team, loved management. very friendly and worked well with my schooling. i learnt very quickly and was trained to train new staff at just 16 years old. left due to having spinal surgery.
Can be a good place to work, but all depends on who you work with.
Front of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 January 2019
From my time working there I found that I increasingly despised being asked to come in. This was due to the terrible culture the store that I worked in had, mainly because of the store's manager.
Though I have heard that other Red Rooster stores are more relaxed and fun to work in, my store was over-the-top competitive, sexist and controlling.
A typical day at work would be taking orders from the front of the store and drive through, working with the till to complete transactions, packaging the orders and handing them out to customers. It is also expected that you maintain stock control for products such as drinks, ice creams, desserts, etc. and clean up the front of store wherever necessary.
The hardest part of the job would be when the store became overly packed, and the rush of completing the orders and handing them out became a bit too stressful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming closer with the other front of house employees in the store, although staff turnover was consistently high during my time there.
Pros
50% off products during shift, and 10% off products outside of shift
Cons
Not enough shifts, bad store culture, high staff turnover, bad communication between employees and managers
Good place to gain experience and new skills.
CREW TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Jamisontown NSW21 January 2019
I learnt to be confident, patient and organised. Fast food is hard and challenging but rewarding. Friendly environment and life long friendships. The hardest part of the job is finding solutions for unmotivated staff or low sales. The most enjoyable part is working with friends and receiving compliments.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Late hours
Poor trainers but good staff
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Pascoe Vale VIC21 January 2019
My time with Red Rooster was anxiety inducing and confusing. I began work at the beginning of 2017 whilst i was 16 and was given less than 4 hours of training from the promised 12. My only assistance was from other employees and 1 manager. I was given only 2 hours a week from the shift manager on a Sunday 6-8 pm, this occurred for 2 months until i was let off for 2 months without being told. I found out about this from fellow employees whom i talk to on a daily basis. Once i finally received more shifts it returned to a 2 and a half hour shift from 6-8:30 pm. I finally decided to discontinue my work at red rooster once i was faced with abuse and harassment from the management staff and suffered much trauma from this experience that has made me stay away from employment for a year and a half. I would not recommend this job for anyone that has any history with mental illnesses like anxiety or depression and would look for something else.
Pros
Nice and supporting co-workers
Cons
Management system needs to be improved
Red Rooster review
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Victoria16 January 2019
Working at Red Rooster was alright for my first job, but after working there for 6 months, I wouldn't stick around much longer. I started off with great hours, but that slowly dropped off, till now where I am only given three hours a week. I really don't like the way that the place is run, and there are definitely "invincible" employee's at the store. The place is constantly a hazard, with the tile floors always slippery from all the water that just sits on the ground, to the point where I can slide along the tiles with no effort. 50% on shift discount is good, though I have had some issues where items have not seemed to be discounted and I end up paying the full amount. I am just about 18, and have received no shifts for a couple of weeks now, presumably because they don't want to pay for my wages anymore, and when I messaged the manager asking what is going on, he jumped around the question, and just asked for my availability (though I know that this is a common trick in fast food stores). In my time working in the store, I have only seen the manager in the store twice, which I think is quite poor.
Pros
Decent wage, good on shift discount
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, bad working environment, can be stressful
good place for work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carine WA14 January 2019
when its own by company i like to work there but after franchise management is not good when you come back from holiday you did not get you shift back
Pros
nothing
Cons
short shift and less hour