Red Rooster Employee Reviews

uh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buddina QLD12 January 2019
What can you expect for fast food. Not a bad job, I just personally did not enjoy it. the girls were nice. shifts were pretty short so they went pretty fast
Wasn't paid on time
Back Area Crew (Former Employee) –  Jamisontown NSW7 January 2019
Was never given a break during a six hour shift.
Wasn't paid the money i had earned for two shifts once i had left.
Nice team members.
Easy to learn.
Decent hours.
Pros
Nice team members
Cons
No break, late pay
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC4 January 2019
This job has been an amazing start to my working life as I am able to walk into each shift ready to for a new challenge to conquer. I enjoy working there.
Horrible management wouldn't recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD4 January 2019
The work environment is bad, not fun. Management was so bad, was all good till a new manager came in and the place went downhill. All of a sudden stopped getting shifts, I called emailed and texted and never got a response. When I went in they were too busy to talk about my lack of shifts.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
little to no shifts
Casual but testing workplace
Kitchen hand (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW19 December 2018
Fun and enjoyable experience with great people. Environment is fun and friendly but also hard working. Pay is decent but, along with minimal hours and shifts the pay doesn't amount to much. For a first job it is okay but would recommend working at reds only if it is close to home.
Pros
Free food at the end of every shift and occasionally while working
Cons
Minimal shifts and hours
Horriblr
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT17 December 2018
I only stayed for 6 months as it was the worst environment to be in. the satff were rude, the managers were greedy and rude. It was hard being in that environment as it wasnt nice.
Pros
short hours
Cons
staff there
fast paced working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD17 December 2018
very fast paced, new staff to train every second week, rarely to staff have basic English skills, complaint solving, stock take. mostly lovely customers.
Pros
regular customers
Cons
long hours, low pay rate, low staff
Not too bad, Good for first timers that have no experience
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Glendenning NSW17 December 2018
Working at Red Rooster has given me many different opportunities and skills that I can apply in different areas in the world. It is a fast-paced environment that only dedicated people can strive in.
Pros
Discount across all nationwide Red Rooster Stores, Flexible hours
Cons
Can be stressful and mentally draining
Horrible managemt
Cashier /Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lakemba NSW16 December 2018
Absolutely horrible work environment. Staff are underpaid and not provided with sufficient training. Manager is rude and unprofessional. Would definitely not recommend this workplace to anyone.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Unfair treatment
Tihs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NSW Sydney5 December 2018
Horrible managers, expects you to know how to properly do your job with hardly any training, constant bullying from managers,horrible pay, hardly any hours so how are you even supposed to learn how to do your job, and no over time pay
Pros
Learning how to deal with stnuc
Cons
Horrible horrible horrible managers
easy and good
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW4 December 2018
The job and the location is fine but sometimes if not most of the time its pretty quiet, uneventful and I felt like I haven't been able to learn anything from the place but still a good establishment with very nice and helpful people
productive and fun
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Mornington VIC2 December 2018
great job i worked with the most amazing people and had the best managers that made work just that little bit better. we all worked hard and made sure we got all our tasks done.
Pros
free food
Cons
nothing
communicate with staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW26 November 2018
like to work with different people and culture , really like to manage staff and store and improving your knowledge . You can work fast but its really hard to work when get busy .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short shift
Death trap
Cashier/Kitchen hand/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Western Sydney21 November 2018
Working as a manager, someone thought it would a good idea to put a bucket in the roof due to a leak. It was on the thinnest section of the ceiling and directly over the fryers. The bucket came through the ceiling due to the weight and dropped into the fryers, causing burns to myself and 2 other workers, what was Red Roosters response, say anything and we put the blame on you. At another store I had my belongings stolen by an employee in front of the store manager and area manager, what was the response for this well you should secure your personal items, not easy when stores have no secure areas
Pros
Cons
Too many including managers who dip into the tills
Stressful Workplace
Customer Service Crewman / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD 468019 November 2018
Each day is stressful at Red Rooster. Customers can be annoying and some managers are more aggressive than they are calm which only adds to the stressful environment
Pros
Good First Job
Cons
No Security Around Hours Each Week
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Red Rooster18 November 2018
Red Rooster was a nice place to work except for the minor hazards. I fully enjoyed working there as everyone was friendly. only problem was being underpaid and bullied by the manager.
Red Rooster review
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 November 2018
At Red Rooster, I worked as a cashier. I served customers at the front counter and drive through; I also learnt how to use the cash register as well as packing orders, and completing online deliveries.
Pros
interacting with people
Cons
not enough work
Enjoyable job culture but poor management
FOH, BOH, Crew Trainer and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC13 November 2018
Worked with good people with an opportunity to make friends. Salary is decent in comparison to other fast food jobs. Poor communication from management.
Pros
Good culture and food discount
fun and enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT12 November 2018
days were long but bearable with helpful workmates. always welcoming and nicely organized. managers were always nice and helpful and breaks were always given if needed.
Pros
fun workers and chilled days
Cons
constant standing
feeling underappreciated and not listened to at Red Rooster
customer service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 November 2018
on duty managers did not provide when I required simple assistance, shifts where allocated to days specified when I could not work, shifts were cut completely for weeks until I enquired and the last time I enquired I didn't get a response I understood.
I constantly felt like the previously moderately successful store was being run inefficiently and the managers or owners were not open to suggestion.
Pros
routinely
Cons
short hours and few shifts