Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Front of House Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 November 2018
Typically get shorter shifts that last 3-4 hours. Managers and co-workers are all friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of my job would be the pressure it sometimes puts you in.
Pros
boosts confidence and customer service skills
Cons
short shifts
Efficient service with lovely staff
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Altona VIC6 November 2018
A typical day at work for me is getting the work done as best as possible, management, however, could be better. I have learned how to be more independent and not rely on anyone else, as well as being able to adapt to and gain personal/work-related skills. Watching others that I work with and how they are able to deal with situations as well as take control in order to make sure service runs as smoothly as possible has also allowed me to pick up more personal skills in order for me to better myself as a worker.
Pros
Workers are easy to get along with.
Cons
My pay is currently $12 an hour, and meant to be $17.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW4 November 2018
Managers and co workers are amazing. Some may be rough but it works out! Team work at red rooster is very good. Everything goes very smoothing when its busy!
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Long hours, No aircon
bad
Customer Service Consultant (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Inala QLD30 October 2018
hated it, waste of time, under paid, management was horrible, owners didn't care. T his was many years ago now so it has probably changed quite a bit since I was there.
management
Kitchen-hand/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD29 October 2018
management where I worked in Toowoomba were great they were like friends to everyone that worked there, and the hours of work were good along with the pay
good place to gain experience for future jobs
General Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 October 2018
quick paced job with okay pay rates. educational when it comes to customer service, working with food, and how to maintain a shop. perfect job for first timers.
Very productive and helpful
Team Member - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW25 October 2018
Red rooster has helped me gain new experiences and learn how to deal with customers better and in pressure. They are very supportive of your decisions and respect you appearance within your work environment.
Unsafe Workplace
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Marsden QLD21 October 2018
the workplace was not safe i fainted two times and slipped on the ice and oil that was on the ground and sometimes the water that was left on the ground. also food health and safety was not present in the workplace where i saw a employee drop a piece of food on the ground and then they continued to make the customer's order with the food that was dropped on the ground.
Not always a positive experience.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 October 2018
Due to my age and nativity I was working long long days with no breaks and no overtime pay, unable to say no in fear of losing my job, I did what was asked of me, but now know better.
Good for a first job.
Cashier & worked my way up to being a crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 October 2018
I enjoyed it as my first job, it unfortunately did not work out to be the perfect job for me as I out grew it and decided to be more involved in the family business.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
unprofessional management, unfair and rude managers
productive and fun workplace
Crew Member / Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Australia16 October 2018
A typical day at work involves taking orders, cashing orders off, preparing and packing food as well as making sure the store is cleaned. A typical day also includes taking delivery orders and making sure they're all complete to a high standard.

I have learned customer skills, as well as team working skills as it is a big company with many people working in the store being able to handle everyone helping them out. I have learned cash skills and eftpos making sure all orders are paid off.

The workplace culture is a great, fun workplace where everyone has fun but making sure all work is complete. The hardest part of the job is when customers complain working around how to help them. Whereas the most enjoyable part of your job is working long hours and when it gets busy as being able to challenge myself in a short amount of time.
Pros
long hours depending on roster
Cons
when customers complain
learnt drive through and behind kitchen and costumer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny SA14 October 2018
picked things up pretty quickly, loved the work environment got along with so many people. really good experiencing learning things ive never done, would work there again
Pros
discounted lunches
Good people but management only cares about money
Delivery Driver / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Karingal VIC11 October 2018
I was a valued team member for nearly 3 years and the people were great; I really enjoyed working at Red Rooster, but the management stopped giving me shifts once I got too old (read too expensive) even though I was one of their best drivers and knew exactly what I was doing.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Management only wants cheap labour
productive and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St Clair NSW8 October 2018
great working conditions friendly staff and great opportunities to grow within the business. working from a young age under older staff helps you leaurn different abilities in life
Productive workpalce
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD6 October 2018
A nice place and a very welcoming team make this a very positive place to work. Many customers are very polite and very understanding of problems that may arise during the order period, such as not stock or not meeting a promotion deadline, giving this place a very positive vibe.
Pros
25% off menu items.
Management..
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  New South Wales3 October 2018
Pay is okay, depending if you're working for corporate or a tight franchisee whom is usually dodgy and under pay you or don't bother paying at all.

The culture is pretty disappointing just depends where you're working tho.

First shift in NSW I was shown a video of a kid bashing a manager which was confronting and left me no choice but to resign.

Highly recommend staying clear unless you're happy to have no life and be around negative people.
Pros
Improved training plans
Cons
Rosters/culture
fairly decent work environment
crew member/ shift manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA30 September 2018
was an enjoyable workplace, nice work mates & treated good. In some situations there was different rules for different people. Did feel like i was putting in alot more effort than others( but i do have a very strong work ethic) & i always put in extra when i could. Did appreciate extra responsibility that i was given
Basic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA29 September 2018
A typical day at work would be to go in and put the drive-through head set on ready for when a customer comes through drive though. Staff also had to ensure that all bench tops and food heaters were clean and sanitized for hygiene purposes. At Red Rooster, I learned that customer service is a very important aspect. Being polite and kind to the customer means they will want to come back in the future and lead to good reviews on the workplace itself. The hardest part of the job was when only one cashier was out front taking car orders and paying off the cars in the drive-through while packing orders. You had to keep on top of it all and not fall behind so good customer service remains in tact.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other staff members. They were all easy to get along with and everyone worked well together.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Discount only applied to certain things.
Good first job
Kitchen hand and front of house (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW18 September 2018
This job was a good first job, and allowed me to mature and adjust to a working life. I was given multiple opportunities to acquire new skills, relationships and understandings of the working world.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of hours
it was fun, i regret leaving
store crew member (Former Employee) –  South Morang VIC6 September 2018
as a trainee they taught me heaps and helped me. they slowly stopped giving me shifts but that was understandable because im a slow learner, after my dad went in and talked to them they gave me regular shifts but i was stupid and quit for another job which i really regret.
Pros
friendly staff, good pay, good hours, teaches you lots
Cons
can be stressful at times