Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Great place to work but not enough shift opportunities.
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Morwell VIC14 August 2018
I had some good managers as well as some bad ones. i found that one of my managers was rather discriminating towards non Australian/ darker workers as we started notices our shifts going down.
Pros
Chill workplace
Cons
No shifts
terrible
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Parklea NSW12 August 2018
This company is not a good company to work for, the stress and the amount of BS you go through is not worth the hassle, Franchisees treat their staff like they are expendable pieces of meat
Good place
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  New South Wales7 August 2018
Its a good place to work learned so many of things related to fast food management is pretty good staff is very friendly hardest part to deal with some annoying customers most enjoyable part of job is finish work and get one free meal at the end of the day
Good place to start working.
Cashier and Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD3 August 2018
Good company to start working at. Wouldn't be a good job to live off. Hours can vary, usually only 20ish hours a week. Good to learn how to work in a team environment and under pressure.
It was not easy to work there, but worth it
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT3 August 2018
I worked there as kitchen hand about a year.
It was not easy to work as a foreigner, but thanks to my kind colleagues, I very enjoyed working there.
Especially, the managers treated me kindly. The kindness I still can not forget.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
pretty busy
great working place
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD31 July 2018
had learnt alot while working there. had to keep up with the fast pace when it was rush hour but also had to keep up with the hygiene and ethics of the place
It's changed a lot
Crew (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 July 2018
since working here, I've noticed that they have made a complete turn around from what it was. Nowadays, it actually looks like a half-decent place to work and all the staff seem to really enjoy themselves.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
come home all greasy
Good and Fun environment, is a bit stressful.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC27 July 2018
When working with people who are enthusiastic about their job and are happy to be at their job its a great environment. It can be stressful at times due to the nature of it being a fast food chain and certain times and standards need to be met.
work Place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver NT24 July 2018
at my short time at red rooster I loved it I loved my job but sadly the staff were not very fun people and when you get told you need to pick up your game when your traveling an hour to work it's pretty stressful
Good First Job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Wishart QLD17 July 2018
Overall a good workplace that works with your availability and is good for a high school student looking for their first job.

Has a good training program and is good for learning customer service skills.
Can be fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halls Head WA17 July 2018
I have been working here for 6 years now and have watched it change over time. I have seen many people come and go, but have learnt a great deal on how to deal with stressful situations.
Pros
50% off when working, 25% when not working
Cons
people
productive but speed was an issue. orders took to long to be made.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT16 July 2018
I think Red Rooster could improve by supporting and encouraging their employees and I also think that they need to clean up properly because that's not a healthy environment to be making food in.
Pros
working with new people who taught me how to do my job while i was still in training.
Cons
closing shifts.
It was not really that great
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Northam WA15 July 2018
In the time i worked there it was okay until near the end where the manager that was employed was replaced by 3 idiots who did not know what to do making them unbearable to work with.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Terrible managers
Decent management, but don't like working shifts
Manager (Former Employee) –  Essendon VIC15 July 2018
Gave me a good wage. Got promoted pretty quickly. Boss was friendly. But shift working just isn't for me. Customers aren't as loyal as they are at other restaurants I've worked at, so not as many people to talk to.
Pros
Treat you decently
Cons
Shift work hours
Was enjoyable with previous management
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Currambine WA14 July 2018
Business has recently being taken over by another management group that does not understand Australian culture or business. Used to be a fun place to work.
Pros
Food
Good Job
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 July 2018
It was a good job for the time being that I worked there, but it was never going to be a permanent thing, so it was good as a short job. But as a long term i wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad managment
Productive Fun fast paced working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Blair Athol SA6 July 2018
A typical day at work would be so fun and not as hard as the workplace never really got busy. I learned a lot in my time working at red rooster, I gained confidence, customer service skills, food preparation skills and how to properly manage crew on a shift. The management of the place was amazing if you ever needed help the boss was always easy to contact and quick to help. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with angry customers as i had never had to deal with something like that before but after the first time it was a lot easier then. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with lots of friendly people.
Pros
Fun, Friendly people, Nice working environment
Cons
There are none.
Great environment to work in
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor NSW2 July 2018
Red Rooster has been an excellent place to work because of the people that work there and how they connect. People are also all educated on what learning they will require to do their job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
night shifts, low pay
Bully younger staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Altona Meadows VIC30 June 2018
Some management are bullies and won’t take responsibility for their actions. Youngest newbies get the blame for everything. Mine was run by different managers and they were nasty and moody and I cried a lot. I quit due to the headaches and stress. Often I was put on hrs I’d asked not to be put on. Staff rarely swap.
Pros
Money ok if not put off due to quiet times
Cons
Nasty. Picked on a lot and often their errors
really good
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wodonga VIC21 June 2018
good people to work with and a fun environment, flexible with hours and good managers which allow you to have a fun shift, its normally pretty quiet so its good