Reece Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Reece Group Employee Reviews

Great work culture and good team members, excellent team driven environment. training and products were very good. Most days were fast paced in the trade side , but the showrooms were quiet. overall still a great company to work in.
This can be very dependant on each individual branch and its manager. But the overall feeling of the company is lack of thought in regards to staff work/life balance or wellbeing. This shows in the constant chopping and changing of expectations, duties, start/finish times, missed lunch and rest breaks, and the expectation of unpaid overtime. From day one career progression will be dangled in front of you but unless you give your life to the company for slightly over minimum wage, this is unrealistic.
Pros
Job security through Covid
Cons
Long Hours, Low wage, paid rest breaks skipped, lunch breaks often skipped, expectations to work unpaid overtime, idiotic safety rules until money is concerned and then will happily turn a blind eye.
Great company to work for, great opportunities to move within the company, work life balance, no experience required training given in all areas of career development.
Pros
Australia wide
Cons
I work in the Reece Support Centre as a software engineer / tech lead, working on digital products that enable our trade account customers to work more efficiently.Tech lead role includes some "people management" responsibilities, but I also continue to write code and work on feature delivery. I am not pressured to perform or work harder, and when I have chosen to work late on my own terms, my manager has checked on how I'm feeling and encouraged me to take a break if I need to.There are no strict "office hours" for my role. Ability to start late, finish late, catch up hours at other times. True meaning of flexible work arrangements. I currently work from home 4 days per week despite the office being open. I know of two brothers who are developers in another team, who were stranded in Pakistan as COVID-19 struck. They have continued to work in their normal roles, from Pakistan, since early 2020.Pay is good for my role and experience level, I would say it's at the good end of market range.Wide variety of people in all roles, good mix of cultures and everyone is friendly. Collaborative attitude all around.No micro-management.Product Owner and Development Manager are not at odds with each other, work together with the team to come up with quarterly objectives and . Team has ownership of its sprint goals. Tech debt is allocated 20% of sprint time.Commonplace to have secondments into different areas of the business. Encouraged to spend some time working at a branch as counter staff to learn about customers, products and business.Developers also have lots of opportunities - more...
Pros
"We're in this together" team spirit, ownership of sprint goals, variety of interesting work, developers recognised for good work and opportunities for promotion, safe and supportive stakeholders / management
Cons
Tech leads and principal engineers have an out-of-hours on-call roster (but it's not *that* bad, really)
The staff and management are all rude and unwilling to help anyone other then themselves. Fake personalities and are quick to stab you in the back. Trust no one. Very fast paced and early starts with late arvo finishes 6 days a week. No duty of care for your health or safety. The job must be done regardless of either of those two factors! The pay is fortnightly and seems an eternity waiting for it to arrive due to the high amounts of stress and pressure the management and *teammates put you under. Not recommended if your new to the industry.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great company to work for, I had the best leaders & management team. They really helped you get the hang of the job when starting out. Really great environment for designers to get into straight out of college/university. Excellent culture & they always seem to want to see you succeed & grow within the company.
Great work culture friendly staff great atmosphere. If you’re willing to put the effort in then you will be supported all the way. Good working hours and good work conditions
From the moment i walked in I was shown respect. I was taught so much over a year and half and enjoyed every day at reece. Very friendly staff and very cooperative.
A company that knows what direction it is going with good people. Plumbing bends over backwards to serve the trade and retail. Very large organisation with family values
Pros
Customer relationships
Cons
expectations
This is the best company I have worked for I loved my experience there, management are fantastic and great benefits and training with the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety from day to day and being of service to the tradies
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reece Group?
Great culture. Collaborative team. Best and competent management. If you are looking for a company you could work long term, Reece is one of those companies.
Like to rip people off, everyone working there will stab anyone in the back and Reece itself is about making money regardless of what laws they break. Don’t have any care for employees as they are all expandable
Just go go go all the time first six months I did not have lunch horrible place.many times would come back from delivery and almost always had to go out immediately many time to the same area how stupid management would not wait under any circumstances for more orders as soon as one came through of you went.
A great bunch of blokes with a passion for footy and cars. I learned everything I know from Reece, they were supportive employers keen to fully train their staff.
A fantastic place to work. Great bunch of people to work with and always busy. I only left because I just wanted 2 - 3 days a week. Would recommend anyone to work at Reece.
In my time working at Reece I found overall a decent place to work at. In the last few months as I was changed from working in the Inwards Goods area to delivery driver role, I found that my stress levels and anxiety levels went up. In the end my employment had to be terminated as i was no longer suitable for the role.
Pretty full on job but I had the full support of probably the best manager I ever had who supported me all the way and mentored me. Company in general has a lot of respect for it’s employees and provides them with continuous training and career opportunities
As a company, I worked within three branches. Each run in their own way and focussing on their own goals. The management ideas wre considerably different in erach but, in their own way, effective. There are many ways to skin cats, as they say. The company is supportive and helpful where they need to be and, I found them to be generally upfront and honest.
Working at reece group was a good learning curve, the manager, was a very professional, hard worker and would recommend getting an apprenticeship there if opportunity arises.
Working at Reece I learnt many skills. The employees were amazing if I needed to ask a question about what I was doing and would always give me a hand if I was unsure of something.
Great company with plenty of knowledgeable people to teach you The Reece Way. Plenty of room to move up in the company if you put in the work. Always able to move around within the many stores Reece has to gain a variety of experience.
  1. Employee Reviews