Reece Group Employee Reviews

No benefits or value to be found here
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burwood VIC11 April 2019
Don't work there unless you want a low paid, menial job. Some good people in there, and some shockers as well. My first Manager was great, but that's where the benefits of this job ended. Granted, I was in head office, and not in a store. I actually did enjoy it until there was a change of Manager who brought down the culture of the Department.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay, long hours, early start
Productive and fun place to work at
Australian School Based Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Moorebank NSW7 April 2019
Working at Reece was really enjoyable and I learned a lot from the management and the other colleagues there. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the different codes and where all the bits and pieces were stored. I learned a lot about the plumbing industry and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the plumbers getting to know how the job is and how hard it is and all that. The management was great and were always flexible with me especially since i had sporting commitments. Overall Reece is a great place to work at.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
Excellent company to work for. Definitely had a family company feel about it.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC30 March 2019
I worked for Reece for 14 years and loved every bit of it. From supportive staff and management to engaging with customers daily. Common banter around the branch made the days go by quickly
Pros
Advancement, staff culture, management
horrible
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Driver NT25 January 2019
horrid place to work, they don't care about employees you could work all day and then finish and go home without a job and no explanation staff are rude and bully and management need to take a hard look at their employees and the way they conduct them self
Awesome workplace
School Based Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Caroline Springs VIC21 January 2019
Awesome workplace. Qualified me with Cert 3 in Warehousing and Logistics. Picking and packing orders. Customer service in both showroom and trade centre. Able to help customers design their bathroom layouts using product knowledge and creativity.
Pros
Great workplace
Quality work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC15 January 2019
Working at Reece there is a large range of products that you work with every day so its important to learn about them and there applications in order to build a trusting and positive relationship with the trade accounts.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
productive and great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC7 January 2019
since my time at Reece i met some incredible people who have been supportive on a daily basis.
I have had the experience to run an entire team and proved that i have what it takes.
Fun workplace
Traineeship in Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 January 2019
During my 2 years as a trainee, Reece helped me learn different forms of skills that allowed me to adapt and strengthen my skills towards customer service. Overall, I believe that Reece is a great place to work at!
Pros
Friendly Staff
fun place to work at
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2018
fun place to work at company is large company is tight on salary and not much movement for growth within company . basic retail experience and great place
Good workplace, good for young blokes
Driver, Warehousing and Store person (Former Employee) –  Yeppoon QLD7 December 2018
Good place to get experience in the workplace. All different types of tradesmen and what goes on in a blokes world. Being in the transport and logistics side of things is an advantage because you have access to all sectors of Reece work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Low pay for younger employees, subtle pecking orders.
Many unhappy staff.
Delivery Driver/Counter Hand (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 November 2018
If you want to work 9hr days 5 days a week and work 4hrs every second Saturday for less money than a checkout operator at a supermarket, this is it! Working through 30min lunch break is common practice. Real mans man mentality, lots of foul language and underhanded talk of women. Fairly high staff turnover which generally says one thing. Procedures in place for how the Branch is to be run ie: Heath and safety on and off site but very seldom done until branch audits are about to commence. Would recommend getting work there if doing a house reno for the discount, then move on.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Work life balance
Tread Warily
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 November 2018
Is like McDonalds for adults. Long hours for paltry pay, no flexibility. The carrot is dangled in front of you for the bi-annual bonus which is also very little and subject to you not questioning anything ever, no matter how unfair. High staff turnover due to this. They encourage young UNI graduates with degrees or sometimes double degrees and still pay them next to nothing. A lot to learn, lots of very strenuous lifting, whilst they say all the WHS things but passively aggressively expect you to lift two person objects alone. Seriously, you earn more packing shelves and it's no stress and have a better work life balance. Stay away.
Pros
Met some nice people
Cons
False hope, long hours, hopeless pay and more.
Unfriendly work environment
Traineee (Former Employee) –  Forestville14 October 2018
After only working there’s for 8 weeks part time I found it difficult to talk any of my work colleagues
Trying to learn product range was impossible as I was always on delivery runs
Got dismissed as I told a work colleague that the wages were terrible
I don’t recommend anyone to work at this organisation
If you do don’t confine in anyone
Pros
Cons
Extra hours unpaid unpaid lunch sometimes
Innovative Workplace with Opportunities to do different things
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW2 October 2018
Innovative Workplace with Opportunities to do different things
They used me and let me go without any feedback whilst I was on probation. I was doing well in my position and learning a lot. The Culture & Environment within the workplace was terrible.
Pros
Paid the bills
Cons
Hostile Environment
Fast growing company.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Osbourne Park WA8 September 2018
The work experience was fast-paced and enjoyable. The company culture was inclusive. The management was good and really approachable.

I learned a lot of warehousing procedures.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Slow personal growth.
Productive, Fun, sometimes challenging
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 July 2018
A typical day would involve serving plumbers first thing in the morning and finding out what they are up to for the day, so generally having a good conversation with them. Preparing orders for delivery to plumbers sites, liaising with Management and drivers regarding typical delivery times. Taking phone enquiries from plumbers and the general public.
Pros
Free Coffee, good working environment.
Cons
Unloading/Loading vehicles in the rain.
Hectic at times and boring at times
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 July 2018
You go to work, do what you need to do and just redo it the next day. Working in an environment were you feel like you don't fit in. The managers were not the best.
not recommend
Driver / Yard/ storeman (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD4 June 2018
would not work for them again very disstuctive management its not managed well and has a bad c culture aaaassdxcfzxcv dangerous would not work there again very cat and mouse
The Worst Organisational Culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Melbourne VIC25 May 2018
Easily the worst job iv ever had. Paultry wages for long hours. Management was cliquey and in my experience colluded and lied about my track record to cover their backs. Dangerous non checks regarding truck drivers. Bonus system was rigged to busiest stores. A culture of oppression and constant surveillance. A toxic organisation with little or no real job satisfaction. I worked in melbourne Reece and it was a terrible experience
Pros
Good knowledge of city die to driving
Cons
Pay fines. Long hours for terrible pay. Toxic culture
Solid Workplace
Trade Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC9 May 2018
Solid foundation. Some people are not open to change. Difficult to seek promotion or career advancement unless in the perceived 'inner circle'
Connections made from time here will never be forgotten.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reece Group. Our community is ready to answer.