Reed Exhibitions Employee Reviews

Great people who strive for the best
Marketing Operations Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames, Greater London1 April 2019
Modern offices with plenty of break out areas and places to work away from your desk make Reed HQ a pleasant place to work. Very flexible with working times and working from home a huge benefit - especailly if you have children.

My average day is varied - emails, show guides, sponsorship, barters, registration - all with people who want to succeed. A good place to work
Pros
Flexi -time
Cons
non so far!
No work-life balance
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT24 February 2019
Lot of changes with new management. Cold hard business, not people friendly. High expectations, high level of work that is beyond normal work hours. Technology not cutting edge.
Pros
travel.
Productive and friendly workplace
Purchase Ledger Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solihull22 January 2019
I enjoyed working at Reed. I was there for 8+ years. All the staff were very friendly making the work environment an easier place to be. The hours were flexible.
Do not work there if you don't do well under stress
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT18 December 2018
This job is best for anyone just getting our of college and wanting good experience in the event industry. But for the most part, many employees here are underpaid and overworked, with little work/life balance. The travel is a nice part of the job, and there are some really great people that work here. I believe they are so great because they all have something in common, and that is that they are willing to sacrifice so much to be a part of this company.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
excellent work enviroment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT2 November 2018
fun place, family oriented, team building, excellent customer care.
Amazing company, great leadership, great management, excellent perks. good work/life balance
Exiting work experience
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi31 October 2018
Being with them for that long is a good advantage for me as i learn a lot of things in terms of events management, accounting, sales reporting. good employers makes me stay that long
Management is very full of themselves, they don’t really care about their employees.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT2 October 2018
Morale is very low unless you are an executive. Employees are not valued contrary to what management tells you. Hard work and dedication is also not valued.
Pros
Cool industry
Cons
Poor leadership
Good place to work, plenty of chance for progression
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands13 September 2018
Good place to work, plenty of chance for progression, friendly environment. I have had two internal promotions and the company have contributed to my studies
Great people, horrible management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT10 July 2018
Reed has a lot of young people which makes for a fun environment however there is a big disconnect between management and their reports. The work environment is extremely unprofessional.
Misleading, drama-filled place to work
Research Programmer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT7 May 2018
Okay company to start your career, but way too much drama within. Certain departments are still stuck in the 80s/90s with regards to the environment and ways of doing things. Has potential to be a great place to work, just sad its not doing that.
Minimum opportunity to grow
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 April 2018
Minimum opportunity to grow. The management could do more to improve the career opportunities of their staff. The work place is alright, but needs a lot more improvement.
Very very productive
Marketing Communications Executive (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur4 April 2018
Great experience involving a variety of tasks concerning to marketing and communications

An opportunity to meet clients from various industry was an advantage to build rapport and knowledge of company and services offered by the client.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of people and fun working environment
Overview
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT2 April 2018
Working at Reed comes with a lot of benefits. I think it's a great place to start out, but it is not practical long term. The company culture is great and they offer good benefits. You have the opportunity to travel a lot and meet a lot of new people all the time. You can learn a lot here, but if you want to advance in your career, and make more money, you won't find that here.
Pros
Travel, collaborative, laid back, good benefits
Cons
Low wages, difficult to advance
Nice place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  กรุงเทพมหานคร8 March 2018
Very nice organization but really old culture. Salary is a little bit low for position of back office but they are focus IT and marketing. if you are in that position you might appreciated with your salary.
Reed Exhibitions
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT4 February 2018
Reed is a great place to acquire skills for the future, but it wasn't where I wanted to spend my career. Marketing is very young which causes a relaxed atmosphere, but the job itself can be very stressful and fast-paced with conflicting deadlines and last minute assignments. If you have an event coming up, don't expect to leave the office before 6:30. This is true during the fall and spring as well since it is their busiest time of the year. There are a lot of great perks to the job such as being able to travel to events, happy hours, and company events, but not enough to keep people long-term.
good communications, work well with coworkers, traveling
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT8 January 2018
It was a nice place to work, paid travel and hotel stays, work at different event shows. register clients for different shows they had, worked well with my associates, help run events.
Reed Exhibitions
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames7 November 2017
I cut my teeth at this company, learned a lot and grew into a professional finance manager. Met many great people and have lots of good friends. Travelled the world with my job; Europe, Dubai, Russia and I am grateful for the experiences and memories.
Pros
Travelling abroad, great people.
Cons
working weekends a few times a year, little scope for career progression
Good Company
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT11 October 2017
Reed Expo is a great company and I am pleased to have had such a good experience. It is my time to advance! I want to continue to grow other departments and companies. I need to be responsible for more!
Reed Exhibitions works with short term in mind, not long term.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT13 September 2017
Management typically just cares about hitting budget each year, not about progressing the careers, training employees, and helping those grow. Technology is also non-existent.
sales
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT31 August 2017
Great company to work for to learn the business. They really to train you very well and everyone wants you to succeed in business. They are a great group of people from the top down.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Deadlines get crazy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed Exhibitions. Our community is ready to answer.