Reggio Emilia Early Learning Centre Employee Reviews

Do not work for this corporate machine they only care for money! NOT CHILDREN OR STAFF
Childcare educator (Former Employee) –  Cowper street parramatta11 September 2019
I have never worked at a worse centre (Cowper St Parramatta)
- constantly out of ratio ( too many children not enough staff
- no break covers (you will be made to illegally sign out of the room and say that there is adequate supervision when there is not)
- Overtime: they pay you a minimum of 15 minutes overtime so if you stay back 14 minutes you will not get paid ( this happens every day) and over time is not time and a half not double just your regular hourly rate
- Starting early: again they will ask you to do overtime and start early to cover ratios but if you don’t work 15 minutes you will not get paid for it. So you can start early and stay back late 10 minutes every day meaning your total overtime you did was 100 minutes and you will see none of it!
Pros
the philosophy ( if educators actually followed it)
Cons
never in ratio, never get paid overtime
The children are very sweet.
Trainee Educator (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW23 March 2018
I enjoy working at Reggio because the children are my motivation each time I am there, and bring out new projects for the children to learn and explore.
Pros
food
Cons
long breaks
Aspect of my Experience
Certificate 3 Qualified Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW1 March 2015
Having worked in a large Centre of over 120 children, it does get busy. I was a floater for most of my time working there and I gained a lot of experience in all age groups and I love them all. Each age group has their pros and cons but at the same time you learn to love every aspect of the work environment regardless of its hardships.
Every day is a new adventure with those children, teaching me new things and also teaching them. You watch children involve themselves in activities such as writing. Watching the children start from not being able to write a single thing, to every child in the class writing their alphabet in lower and upper case. Its simply astonishing. You'll also see the babies starting from 6 months or even earlier, with the child not even being able to lift themselves up independently to seeing that same child running around the entire outdoor environment.
I learnt all room's different routines, from what time to make the bottles and cots to, what time the children have meal times and what time the children sleep.
Majority of my co-workers have become not only the girls I work with but, colleagues that I'll truly remember.
The hardest part of the job was getting attached to the children, that when they leave the centre for personal reasons, its really hard to say goodbye once you've learnt to love each child.
The most enjoyable part was getting up and going to work. I loved coming to work because I knew that these children I worked with just put a smile on my face and make my day an even brighter one.
Each child is unique in their own way and that's
  more... what's so beautiful about working with children, you learn so many things that from them and every day is a new beginning.  less
Pros
wonderful children
Cons
1-2 hours of overtime everyday, low pay