Regis Aged Care Employee Reviews

Very poor senior management. Empire builders
Maintenance officer (Former Employee) –  Hornsby NSW1 May 2019
Great residents. Close to home, very good work collegues.
Thats where the good part stops.

As a company there is a culture off doing it their way. Any concerns raised to Regional manager level were treated very definsivly, it was their way or the highway.
Pay was atrocious, even after providing eveidence of job offers paying more, they chose to ignore the facts.
Big turnover of staff because of pay and hours.
The care staff always seemed overworked despite them saying staffing levels were adequate.

Because of the apathy of senior management. i took the same role with Pathways Aged Care which pays 12k more.
Can i recommend them as an employer?.
Sorry but NO. NO WAY.
Pros
Close to home. Good workmates
Cons
Very poor senior management. Keep it in the family.
enjoyable and loving aged care
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hornsby NSW2 April 2019
It is my pleasure to work with Regis. its the number one aged care for residents for their continuous care and support what they need. the culture of work is very good.
Bad managment
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Malvern East VIC31 March 2019
The management likes to cause mayhem and is happy for turnover and picks favourites , when there is any issue the favorites always triumph over any complaints no matter how incompetent they are.
Understaffed and overworked.
Petty management, not team players and dont create a culture of inclusiveness
Pros
Training
Cons
understaffing and petty managers
Horrible company to work for
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 February 2019
Never ever work for this company.mostly ferny grove and the gap.
The others I have been told are wonderful
Night shift gets no breaks.RN sits on their butts.
Pros
Cons
They fire groups of staff at a time to make way for the next group of intakes
Always understaffed,which put unnecessary pressure on eveyone to deliver the level of care we wanted to and the company expected.
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  The Gap QLD2 February 2019
The management never back up the employees so we feel like there is no one to voice your opinions to, and if we did, we were looked upon as wingers. I learned that team work counts for everything, and to always thank the people you worked with on that shift. A little bit of encouragement goes along way especially if someone is not having a good day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the behaviours of the dementia residents. But the most enjoyable part of the job was making incredible friendships that I will have for a life time.
Pros
Double pay on public holidays
Cons
very physically and mentally draining
productive place to work, great experience and skills gained
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Sandgate QLD10 January 2019
It has been a great privilege to work at a nursing home. The residents who reside in a nursing home, it tends to be their last home which yes, indeed makes my job a very special job. From assisting them with everyday activities we do that they have grown not to do so easily. My experience working here has bought greater understanding and appreciation to this life we live. The hardest part of this job was not so the management or the workload but, it was the relationships built that inevitably had to come to an end (physically). Emotional attachment was also a very tricky task to avoid as part of being a "professional" AIN but it was a task i repeatedly failed. The most enjoyable part of the job was conversations had, lessons learnt, the smiles, the joy that was bought to one by something so simple and overlooked by many of us.
Pros
residents, experiences
Cons
management, hours, short staff, language barriers with other workers, payrate
Enjoy working here
ASSISTANT IN NURSING (Current Employee) –  Qld2 December 2018
Being at regis has tought me alot .Have learned alot of new skills.Overall facility is a great environment to work in.Well organised and productive facility.Nice staff and Management always there to help with issues.
it is good
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fawkner VIC24 November 2018
The working environment is good. But I want to develop my personal growth where I can uplift myself. Actually, I want to explore myself in a new place and utilize my value of the degree that I have achieved from the Australian university.
the most enjoyable part of the job
ASSISTANT IN NURSING (Former Employee) –  Kuluin QLD5 October 2018
Getting to know the resident's and their family members and what they have done and where they have been and what work they use to do in their life time. Making sure they are happy and comfortable and seeing them joining in activities designed to their abilities.
Pros
They provide you lunch if they require you to stay back
Cons
Security could have been a bit better.
There is no facility for the game.
Food Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fawkner VIC12 September 2018
My this job is the one who made me a valuable person in this country. Now their business is going down So we are not happy any more. The company no treating us like a human. they think we can work like a Machine.
Good healthy working environment.
Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  whitfield, Cairns QLD10 September 2018
The staff and the management were professional in executing policy and procedures pertaining to the job that enabled me to perform my duties accordingly. The daily duties were carried out as per residential care plans. Good delivery of services especially with personal care, hygienes and lifestyle activities.

The physical emotional aspects of this job in its sincere sensitivity is my weakness, but when circumstances call for my assistance and support, I will diligently deliver to expectations.

The most enjoyable moments of my Placement was when I assisted in managing individuals with dementia. It was exciting and every day brought new challenges.
Pros
Good reasonable hours. There is a Cafe in house
Cons
nil
There are many different degrees of agecare work being more demanding than others and all different levels of agecare work has many benefits.
Ragis (Former Employee) –  Bulimba QLD18 August 2018
Agecare work is one of the fastest growing industries with a huge demand for professionals in the field.give thae lack of agecare workers anyone who enters this field will have a large variety of career opportunities to choose from different age care areas include person care.
Pros
We bring ourselves
Cons
Long hour
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 August 2018
Good working environment. A company always take care of work-life balance and flexible in rostering. They always listen to the staffs and residents. Provide on-the-job training and e-learning courses. The company provides training from time to time. I loved to work there.
Pros
Work-life balance
Over all ok
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Yeronga QLD10 July 2018
I worked for Regis until I suffered an injury was supposed to have light duties but they forced me to quit and refused me light duties I would not work for them again
Pros
Lovely work colleagues
Cons
Management not so nice
Not the best work place
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD26 June 2018
Ive been working in aged care for 3 years and every day is different. Its very unorganised, i love working with the elderly but its very difficult some days. I'm looking at moving out of aged care and gaining employment in other jobs to gain more understand of what other jobs can offer.
Cons
unorganised
work experience at regis aged care
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD10 June 2018
I did a course at regis aged care finishing with my cert III in aged care and disabilities. although the facilities lack of needs materialistically (always running out of the vital necessities such as pads, adult diapers, towels etc..) the staff and students working there made up for that with the love and care they gave whilst caring for the clients. I surely enjoyed my time there putting smiles on faces as much as I could and making the clients feel safe and comfortable in my care.
Pros
great clients
Cons
lack of necessities
This is ONLY for family members
Manager (Former Employee) –  Armadale VIC25 April 2018
Regis Head Office is full of family members. You can easily grow up in the business if you know any Managers or if you have any family member who works for the Head Office. Regis declines Internal applicants but hires applicants recommended by families/knowns with NO experience or education qualification at all. This contributes to decrease employee morale and motivation in the team and Regis will end up having just family members in the company.
Pros
Often Educate/train staff
Cons
No opportunities to grow up
Too many visa staff lacking the skills and experience with our aged.
PCA (Former Employee) –  The Gap23 April 2018
Wonderful job and training on ELearning. Have no idea why nurses need to know about chemicals though as that should be for the cleaners. Probably due to cleaners becoming nurses at some point. But lacking in more in-house training for new staff. Customer Service training disappeared with so many other jobs. Too many visa staff with english language issues and too many in positions of authority that look after each other and sweep a lot of issues under the radar. A massive bias towards other visa staff at the expense of more experienced and very competent staff that are so few now and that are holding the place together.
Pros
Great if you can work there long enough to have the days and hours you want.
Cons
Working overtime and never getting paid for it. Workload ridiculous.
Excellent team and had lots to learn myself
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  The Gap QLD9 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement and think it was great place to work with a team of professionals. I would love to work there one day when I complete my studies
Not much work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC1 February 2018
Just put you oncall not steady work.its a very clicky company it's who you no in the company .found that the staff weren't friendly at all .l really loved the residents and l was on a schedule so there wasn't enough time with then.
Pros
Free lunch some days
Cons
Not enough hours