Regis Aged Care Employee Reviews

This is ONLY for family members
Manager (Former Employee) –  Armadale VIC25 April 2018
Regis Head Office is full of family members. You can easily grow up in the business if you know any Managers or if you have any family member who works for the Head Office. Regis declines Internal applicants but hires applicants recommended by families/knowns with NO experience or education qualification at all. This contributes to decrease employee morale and motivation in the team and Regis will end up having just family members in the company.
Pros
Often Educate/train staff
Cons
No opportunities to grow up
Too many visa staff lacking the skills and experience with our aged.
PCA (Former Employee) –  The Gap23 April 2018
Wonderful job and training on ELearning. Have no idea why nurses need to know about chemicals though as that should be for the cleaners. Probably due to cleaners becoming nurses at some point. But lacking in more in-house training for new staff. Customer Service training disappeared with so many other jobs. Too many visa staff with english language issues and too many in positions of authority that look after each other and sweep a lot of issues under the radar. A massive bias towards other visa staff at the expense of more experienced and very competent staff that are so few now and that are holding the place together.
Pros
Great if you can work there long enough to have the days and hours you want.
Cons
Working overtime and never getting paid for it. Workload ridiculous.
Not much work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC1 February 2018
Just put you oncall not steady work.its a very clicky company it's who you no in the company .found that the staff weren't friendly at all .l really loved the residents and l was on a schedule so there wasn't enough time with then.
Pros
Free lunch some days
Cons
Not enough hours
always love to help my team
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  MCKINLEY HOUSE VIC7 January 2018
Our days starts with lovely smiles.
Every day we learn something new from seniors.
Sometime its hard to work with dementia residents to make them comfortable but we try our best to make them comfortable.
Pros
good management
night shift where great
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW28 December 2017
love worker night shift the crew on nights are a great team
the RN,s that work night are brillant and very helpful with cares
morning shift just back stab night shift worker
after noon shift back stab morning shift worker

never any pick up from what could not be done just wringh about what the last shift didnt do
Pros
working with clients
Cons
staff
Nice facility with lovely residents and caring nurses
Cleaner (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Corlette NSW6 November 2017
The residents and nurses are all amazing and they make it a pleasure to come into work everyday. There are always lots of activities going on throughout the day for the residents to enjoy like movie afternoons happy hour sing alongs Bingo and lots more. Its nice to see them with a big happy smile on their faces.
Pros
Spending time getting to know the residents
Cons
Fun and love is very rewarding, organising games, outdoor activities, bus outings and what ever the residents enjoy
Aged Care Lifestyle assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 October 2017
Love working with the elderly, to see a smile on there face is such a blessing, to give to them love and care is very reward8ng, treat them like my family
Pros
No pros, but job satisfaction
Cons
Hours are good
great team
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD30 August 2017
great team supportive management patient centered care i really enjoyed my time there and made life long friends but i now need to find myself a new challenge
Pros
friendships
high standard
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 July 2017
looking for AIN/PCA job in Brisbane area near by my living place.I want work in new community or in changing environment. I am to used work in low care or high care even i have a experience in dementia .
If you like hard and challenging workloads you will find this highly satifying.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 April 2017
Heavy workload but very rewarding.
Always a strong sense of teamwork within care and nursing staff to "Get the job done" and an eye for detail when it comes to quality of care for the resident.
The most enjoyable part of every day is to walk out the door knowing that you have made someone's day more bearable.
Pros
Strong sense of Teamwork.
Cons
Lots to do with little time to do it.
Regis management only cares about profits
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victoria2 March 2017
Regis managements main focus is on profits. This includes facilities managers, area managers, state managers and head office managers. Regis also actively employs 457 visa workers over Australian citizens as Regis pays the 457 visa workers less. Not the place to have your loved ones homed.
Pros
Residents
workplace
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD17 January 2017
Upper management need to understand that all staff have lives outside of the company.
Care staff are friendly. Have relationships with some staff outside work hours
Pros
close to home
Cons
Very long hours, no realo appreciation for hard work
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 January 2017
This job has thought me how to be professional in a friendly approach, I am constantly judging things to do on a time frame which I have learnt to time manage them. The management is excellent, co-workers are on the ball but its always a ball to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to make a difference in someone's life just by putting a smile on their faces.
Pros
Making people smile
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Greenmount WA11 December 2016
i love working with old age people. i have learnt a lot of love and patience. the most part i enjoy most is chatting and talking with residents about their past and families. management is good.The hardest part of the job is working short staff where we end up experiencing falls
Pros
good team of staff
Cons
not covering a lot of shifts
Great work enviroment
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC17 October 2016
I really enjoyed my role there. I loved interacting with the residents and I found it rewarding serving them wholesome meals. The staff were good to work alongside and tasks were well set and everyone new what they were employed to do
2 Breaks
ENROLL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 October 2016
Good work environment
Friendly stuff and good management
Nice an tidy place
Excellent service
Good installations
Opportunities to learn more and improve your skills
Pros
You are cover for all australian benefits as taxes and superannuation
Cons
Locations
Proactive company in the area of Aged Care
Club Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 October 2016
Regis Aged Care is a very good employer. Education is promoted and opportunities are available for those who work hard. The hardest part of the job is when the residents pass away and there is a strong connection with them. The most enjoyable part is making a difference to the residents' lives.
Pros
Lovely co-workers
Cons
Hard industry
Productive, enjoyable and rewarding place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tin Can Bay QLD12 September 2016
Work starts at 6am and finishes at approximately 1pm I am busy for this whole time showering and getting our elderly residents up and ready for the day. I deal with a variety of different people and illnesses but enjoy this work immensely. The disadvantage is the shift work and I would prefer normal office hours 8am to 5 pm. The hardest part of this position is the manual handling even though there are hoist to assist us, it is a very demanding job. I enjoy the residents and the staff and if it was not for the early mornings I would certainly stay there.
Pros
enjoyable and rewarding work
Cons
shift work and early mornings
regis aged care
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sandgate QLD20 August 2016
Regis is a good company to work for. Regis always has online courses for staff which is mandatory. Compulsory work uniform provided.
Pros
good staff, hours, flexibility
Healthy environment, great co-workers
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 May 2016
As I have never had a stable job before only having experience at an Aged Care located in Boronia Heights. A typical day during my experience would be looking after the clients giving them the care they need also keeping in mind that, that is their home. Everyday is the same routine including showers, bed baths, morning tea, lunch. What I have learnt from my experience is to treat clients the way you would treat a loved one, by showing them respect, love and care. Co-workers have helped me throughout my practical experience while caring for clients they have taught me beyond what I was learnt during the classes I have attended. Hardest part of the job? Putting the theory lessons during class to practical. Most enjoyable part of the job would be connecting and getting to know the other nurses most of all the clients, the many stories I am fortunate to hear. Also the continuously learning as I go.