Regis Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Regis Aged Care Employee Reviews

I found Regis to be a team orientented and very easy to adopt it's culture. The staff of all levels are full of positive energy with can do attitude.
There are 100 people and only you have to wash serve every thing they treat like slave ,there behaviour is very poor, all asian people, i never knew if i do not work another aged care and now i am feel blessed .
Pros
Poor
Cons
Poor
Regis is after money. They don't provide enough staff for the shifts. Always reduce occupancy. Sick calls are not replace. RNs get heavy workload and heaps of responsibilities for a very low pay rate. Normally management promise the residents' families to provide 1:1 care. But there's no enough staff for such care. When resident's family complaint about the care, management blame the RN and the care staff for the issue. Most of the times we are lack of items such as PPE and wound dressing products. So it's difficult for staff to protect themselves from infections and protect residents getting infections. Very poor work environment.
Pros
Can get the job without working experience. Also there are many shifts to pick.
Cons
Heavy workload, staff shortage, Shortage of necessary items to provide care, management disrespectful for the staff.
The worst company i have worked for. Only care about profits. They treat employees like nothing. Management have no empathy for employees. Nurses are under so much pressure, they dont care about residents too. Food is aweful.
Pros
Cons
Many
A typical day at Regis Aged care is full of different kinds of activities where you get to assist the Residents with their daily living activities and also some fun activities sometimes as well.
It's hard work but enjoyable, you need to be able to be someone who ACTUALLY CARES and not someone that treats it like "JUST A JOB", after all these are elderly people we are looking after. Making friends with Residents and Family members is a bonus and they teach you things daily so every day is different. Hardest part of the job is losing your Resident and having the wrong people in Management rolls (not willing to listen to both sides of situations) that benefits the Residents and Team camaraderie. The best part of the job is making a difference in the Residents day and leaving knowing you've done everything you can to improve someone's day and outlook on what life they have left.
Staff are friendly management are easy to approach easy interviewing for the position are family focused all training is done on line they even give you extra time if needed to complete training
I have been working in Regis aged care based Sydney over eight years now. Overall all good, friendly staff, easily accessible, near shop and west field.
An inclusive workplace with a fast-paced work culture. Productive workplace with many opportunities for learning & development. Management believes in fairness to all. Salary structure could be improved to fall in line with market trends.
Pros
Assistance with furthering education.
Cons
Long hours of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Regis Aged Care?
Regis is a productive company, a typical day is busy with not a lot of down time. I find it a very swings and roundabouts work day where some days are longer but others allow you to finish earlier but flexibility is key to success in this role.
Regis is a good place to learn new skills. Not only are you doing your job but you also get to interact with the residents. Workplace culture is very diverse. The hardest part I found was when PCA would tell me what they needed but if they forgot to say any allergies like lactose free and I've put normal milk they automatically blame me and say its my fault when it is a team effort. The most enjoyable part for me is talking to the residents during tea/coffee time and before and after dinner. It really brightens my day when they tell me about their younger days.
Better for first year Nurse as a start of their career. Friendly team and good management. Close to the city and other essential service. Fairly new building.
Just went for crimanal check have fire drill have warden now where your hose where to asemble patients of Regis i was proud to work at Regis not sure when my review day was
Dreadful to work there. Interview easy and they are very nice to you. Once you start working, no one to ready to do the 2 days training and no one puts there hand up to offer. Management nasty and your phone runs hot wanting you to do more shifts, even before you have finished your first days training. Staff not nice unless they want to know you or already have there special friends group. Better off doing Community care or work for yourself.
I work with Regis I tried to give 💯 on my work. I really work herd but I was terminated from the service. It's just that some of the workers wanted to act superior coz. They are long time worker and they have something secret about the management ( I mean the secrets of facelity manager).
This a dream job of mine when i started. It boosted alot of profesionalism in my field. It provide me with lots of field related experience and well grown up.
I like to work in age care It’s big industry with employment benefits I got chance to learn new things in my life and experience working in kitchen and serving food
I have leaned a lot of such things as communication and management skills, Work under pressure, team co-ordination and collaboration are the best things which make smooth work.
It can be a fast paced environment and sometimes short staff but is well run. knowing how to cope under pressure is what will help when doing a job like this, as there are things that need to be done and time frames that are needed be maintained. Staff are friendly and amazing to work with. Residents are lovely.
Regis provided me the appropriate platform to enrich my nursing skills. The staff is super friendly and ready to share the information. I always felt confident to share my opinions with the fellow colleagues.
Regis is far to large an organisation in that a review of this nature will do any justice.nor is it of any assistance to other would be employees seeking a career.
  1. Employee Reviews