Regis Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Regis Aged Care Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Great teamwork

I found Regis to be a team orientented and very easy to adopt it's culture. The staff of all levels are full of positive energy with can do attitude.

Stressful wotk place. One man show.

Very Stressful. Have to cook everything except breakfast do ordering, stock check, paper works and on top of that you have to stay back for no pay and always sort staff. And order templet is just a joke. You have to cook everything from scratch with no staff helping you.Think twice before you apply.Putting resignation made me feel relief.

Pros

Cons

stressful work, no support and you will kill yourslef.

Regis do not care about retaining hardworking, loyal staff. Regis only care about money.

I do not recommend working for Regis. There is no work/life balance, there's constant phone calls, texts and emails every day, multiple times a day. You can work so hard, but you will never be acknowledged, have no doubt.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Constant phone calls, no work/life balance, want you to live and breathe the 'Regis Way', profit comes before residents and staff.

Poor level of care for residents

Profits driven, continually cutting back staff to dangerous and unreasonable staffing levels. High standards of care but not enough staff or resources to achieve the expected level of care. Family members always complaining because care not adequate. 1 PCA to care for 8 residents on a morning shift is ridiculous. Management not supportive, dictatorship management style not leadership.Expected to stay back after shift finishes without pay. Company tries to avoid paying public holiday penalties and long service leave. If you actually care about the elderly and want to make a difference then avoid this organisation.

Pros

Reasonable pay rate

Cons

The way PCA staff are treated is appalling

All good

All good for me working in Regis is very good . Good team worker and guide new staff how they work how they manage time. Everything is good all are very supporting

Inadequate staffing and stressful working environment.

In 2015-2017 my experience with Regis Darwin was that staff and management retention was a significant issue. There were regular staff shortages and a significant staff turnover that resulted in excessive stress on staff. Most management during this time in Regis Darwin did not positively receive concerns being raised by staff. They failed the Accreditation and staff heads rolled. They discouraged staff who had resigned engaging with residents. We had about four Managers during my couple of years of working with Regis. The CEO in 2017 downplayed the issues that resulted in the failure of the Accreditation in media articles.

Pros

The friendships raised With the residents.

Cons

Excessive staff turnover, staff shortages

Very poor management. Unequal and unfair among staff. Take staff for granted no support at all no good pay. Always short of staff. Do not cover staff on the floor. No good working environment.

Pros

Cons

Unequal payment among staff.Poor management

Unrealistic expectations of workload

Unrealistic expectations of work volume and unwritten expectations that FM/GM and CMs work 11-12hr days, every day with no time in lieu or overtime paid. High numbers of mgmt turnover

Pros

On boarding is thorough

Cons

Long hrs expected for no extra pay

I am their previous food assistant

There are 100 people and only you have to wash serve every thing they treat like slave ,there behaviour is very poor, all asian people, i never knew if i do not work another aged care and now i am feel blessed .

Pros

Poor

Cons

Poor

Worst place to work

Regis is after money. They don't provide enough staff for the shifts. Always reduce occupancy. Sick calls are not replace. RNs get heavy workload and heaps of responsibilities for a very low pay rate. Normally management promise the residents' families to provide 1:1 care. But there's no enough staff for such care. When resident's family complaint about the care, management blame the RN and the care staff for the issue. Most of the times we are lack of items such as PPE and wound dressing products. So it's difficult for staff to protect themselves from infections and protect residents getting infections. Very poor work environment.

Pros

Can get the job without working experience. Also there are many shifts to pick.

Cons

Heavy workload, staff shortage, Shortage of necessary items to provide care, management disrespectful for the staff.

Worst company

The worst company i have worked for. Only care about profits. They treat employees like nothing. Management have no empathy for employees. Nurses are under so much pressure, they dont care about residents too. Food is aweful.

Pros

Cons

Many

Friendly workplace with great team work between colleagues who are always supporting each other.

A typical day at Regis Aged care is full of different kinds of activities where you get to assist the Residents with their daily living activities and also some fun activities sometimes as well.

At the beginning with the management was a good place to work management changed and so did the environment and not in a good way.

It's hard work but enjoyable, you need to be able to be someone who ACTUALLY CARES and not someone that treats it like "JUST A JOB", after all these are elderly people we are looking after. Making friends with Residents and Family members is a bonus and they teach you things daily so every day is different. Hardest part of the job is losing your Resident and having the wrong people in Management rolls (not willing to listen to both sides of situations) that benefits the Residents and Team camaraderie. The best part of the job is making a difference in the Residents day and leaving knowing you've done everything you can to improve someone's day and outlook on what life they have left.

Enjoyed working there

Staff are friendly management are easy to approach easy interviewing for the position are family focused all training is done on line they even give you extra time if needed to complete training

good to work

I have been working in Regis aged care based Sydney over eight years now. Overall all good, friendly staff, easily accessible, near shop and west field.

Productive workplace with many opportunities for learning & development

An inclusive workplace with a fast-paced work culture. Productive workplace with many opportunities for learning & development. Management believes in fairness to all. Salary structure could be improved to fall in line with market trends.

Pros

Assistance with furthering education.

Cons

Long hours of work

Good Place to work

Regis is a productive company, a typical day is busy with not a lot of down time. I find it a very swings and roundabouts work day where some days are longer but others allow you to finish earlier but flexibility is key to success in this role.

Summary

Regis is a good place to learn new skills. Not only are you doing your job but you also get to interact with the residents. Workplace culture is very diverse. The hardest part I found was when PCA would tell me what they needed but if they forgot to say any allergies like lactose free and I've put normal milk they automatically blame me and say its my fault when it is a team effort. The most enjoyable part for me is talking to the residents during tea/coffee time and before and after dinner. It really brightens my day when they tell me about their younger days.

Fun workplace same time could be challenging.

Better for first year Nurse as a start of their career. Friendly team and good management. Close to the city and other essential service. Fairly new building.

Just tipical day at work what i learnt work place culture the hardest part of the job was to leave at thr end of the day engoyble part of the job was

Just went for crimanal check have fire drill have warden now where your hose where to asemble patients of Regis i was proud to work at Regis not sure when my review day was

regis Caboolture carer

Dreadful to work there. Interview easy and they are very nice to you. Once you start working, no one to ready to do the 2 days training and no one puts there hand up to offer. Management nasty and your phone runs hot wanting you to do more shifts, even before you have finished your first days training. Staff not nice unless they want to know you or already have there special friends group. Better off doing Community care or work for yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Regis Aged Care