Regis Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

fast pace and enjoyable most enjoyable part was able to get to know residents and staff management was nice, caring and supportive enjoyed repetition
Bad Management Too much work for time frame given Unappreciated No advancement Expect you to come in on your day off Low wages No work/life balance
If you like to work, then this is definitely the place for you. There is always plenty of hours, if not available straight away, then you can guarantee that no day off is without a call to try and cover sick staff. If you wanted to (and if they were allowed to), they would gladly let you work every single day. Because no one wants to cover sick staff, as they are overworked themselves and just want some sweet and difficult to guarantee, unless you become 'unreliable' (even if you have never taken time off and always show up on time), time off. The work itself is physically demanding and very repetitive. They give huge workloads that are expected to be completed in short amount of time and to a perfect high standard. While I understand it, their expectations are unrealistic for the short amount of time we are given to work and I know of plenty of co-workers who come in earlier than they should just so they can get everything done.
The place is full of bullies in the higher rankings I was sexually abused physically and mentally abused thing stolen from staff everyday would become a struggle to go to work
Some of the managers are very good but some treats you like you are a child. The General Manager is very good I hope some of the managers will follow suit! she is such a great example! She push me on thinking new ideas to help the clients and I am glad she did as I didn't know I had it in me!
Pros
paid travel time and kilometres
Cons
managers bad behaviour
I learned how to assist residents while toileting, transferring, shaving, grooming etc.I enjoyed assisting residents in doing their everyday tasks, encouraging dementia people to complete their tasks by reminding them.
Always had updates with training ,was given the opportunity to become the receptionist were I learnt a lot of customer service and did that for 7 yrs.
Pros
Becoming the face of the company
Cons
Having to leave to move back to NZ
this was a nice place to work treated nicely i learnt a lot with communicating and how to do that activities better. and learnt new things about myself
I am working with Regis almost 3 years , well managed system with too much facilities to upgrade yourself into learning new techniques and new ideas through different trainings
I work hard and enjoy what I do. I learn new things everyday and I work as team with my co-work. hardest part will be doing double shift.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
Even though I did not have my placement at Regis for a long time, I learned a lot from staff, residents, my facilitator and other students who were doing their placements there. I am very grateful to all of them for the lessons they have taught me and I hope to be able to carry them on during my whole career.
Very nice place to work, its pretty, looks smaller than what it actually is. Overall, I loved my stay while i was there but it seemed like other staff members were taking on too many hours, especially the EN's and RN's because there isn't that many of them to go around.
Pros
Good residents, good staff, good boss.
Cons
Long hours, Short staffed
Typical day at work was great and had lots to learn. I learned how to handle elders and what is all required to help them have fun throughout the day. Had excellent co-workers who were every helpful and they helped me throughout my training. The most enjoyable part was looking after the elders as the became very dear to me.
Wasn't a really good place to work for. Management wouldn't help out or listen to their staff. They wouldn't replace staff if they called in sick and would disrupt the whole flow of the day with residents.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Miscommunication with management and staff
previously we had a Gastro Outbreak , I cared for most of the residence . I kept calm and acted in a professional manner but efficiently.
Pros
more experiance
Cons
gastro
Regis, where I did ny 120hrs in my placement, quite enjoy getting to know the residents and staff, learned alot there, they helped me while I was there. I enjoy feeding them and just helping them, but so hard to say goodbye when I finish my placement.
A great place to work, made great friends with staff as well as the residents. would have to be the best job I've had to date.
this place gave me the opportunity to do my diploma of nursing by offering me a scholarship for which i will always be thank ful
I love being able to do my part to help the residents to the best of my ability.
Pros
made lovely friends
Cons
too far to travel to work
Have completed several training courses within Regis, including, Managing restraints, Safe feeding techniques, Manual handling, Evacuation, Respect and responsibilities, customer service, Documentation and record keeping. This has been a great experience for me and found the residents and all staff wonderful to work with. Feedback from here is extremely favourable. Would love to stay on full time, unfortunately there are no positions available at the moment. Have started certificate IV in leisure and lifestyle.
Pros
great place to work
During our work placement period we assist staffs in giving care to residents in the facility. We worked hand in hand with the staffs to assist the residents in their activities of daily living like showering, changing clothes, toileting and feeding the residents who cannot do by themselves.We also do bed making and perform other tasks to meet the residents individual needs.The staffs in the facility were very nice and so easy to approach with, and all the times they are willing to teach and assist us whenever we encounter difficulties in doing our work. The management does well, staffs has no complaints on how they run the facility.As for me the hardest part of my job was on paper works because we did not have enough time to familiarize with the documentation procedures.Personal Care Assistant is a very rewarding and self fulfilling job because we are helping other people.
Pros
free teas