Reserve Bank of Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Reserve Bank of Australia Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Good workplace
Pockets of organisation have very authoritative way of people management. Overall a very good place to work however learning curve can really move downwards after certain time spent.
Formerly great workplace, ruined by new management and HR department.
Incompetent and toxic management.
Unethical HR department. Be warned, they will use underhanded tactics to weasel their way out of obligations towards employees (e.g. redundancy payments). Surprisingly poor conduct and lack of integrity, for an organisation of this calibre.

Would not consider working here ever again, unfortunately.

Benefits:

The 2-year graduate program was quite good.

Defined-benefit superannuation (unfortunately no longer available to any new employees).

Employee-exclusive health fund has excellent coverage and generous claim limits.

In-house cafeteria.

Assortment of sporting and social clubs.
Poor work culture
Very poor work culture and politics in some areas.

Some managers are very critical and negative all the time. It can be very stressful.

Overall not worth it as you feel very de-motivated most of the time which affects you professionally and your image.
Cons
politics, poor management
Fantastic company
Reserve bank of Australia was by far a great experience. My first time working for a central bank and it was magnificent I worked for Head of Note Issue, we had such a wonderful working relationship. I will always be grateful for the experience.
one electric car
good but you must give perks and allowance
such as a bunglow with swimming pool,tesla electric car,butler,a internet free service , a lady with bikini etc
Productive, family balance and flexible
RBA has important roles as the Central Bank of Australia and will continue to fullfill the economic and financial stability for Australia.
Most staff member and leader are supportive for further education and work life balances.
Pros
Multicultural environment
Cons
Competitive
Terribel Experience
I worked for more than 5yrs and had to leave, because I was on fixed term contract. Felt like I was on 5 yr probation :(. Don’t think its happens any where in Australia
HR is hopeless.

Lot of un-happy staff

Lot of bureaucracy and egoistic snr mgmt

The staff get promoted on "Whom you know and not on what you know". I have seen so many collegues getting promoted because you get along with mgmt,

Lot of favoritism and group politics and HR keeps ignoring this

I worked in different teams. Some of the teams or over resourced and some are under resourced.
Pros
Good Super
Cons
Lot
Relaxing environment
The management at the Bank is very relaxed and allows the environment to be so. They are also interested in seeing you grow and do their best to push you up in the organisation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reserve Bank of Australia?
Nice people to work with
How to organize your time with the rest of the team from different areas of knowledge and translate that in effective pieces and work . Also respect the client timing and achieve the goals seted
Pros
free lunches
Cons
wasn't a long term contract
Once in a lifetime oppurtunity.
An amazing oppurtunity to works alongside some of the most proffessional and efficient operators in the field. The team at 60 Collins street have been and are an inncredibly inspirational and esteemed group of people and i am proud that i could assit in divesting this iconic building built in 1965. The site couldnt be in better hands with its new owner dexus Property Group.
Fun workplace, friendly
I have learnt an enormous amount of IT during my term with Reserve Bank. I have rotated to different positions and had a good view of how each departments operates.
Excellent
A great place to work. Central Bank.

I worked at The Reserve Bank of Australia as a Senior analyst in Financial Risk, Middle Office most recently, and as a Senior foreign currency Dealer in the Dealing Room.