Rexel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rexel Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
I did a short stint with the company on behalf of the other company and it was a good experience. the systems were a bit slow. the training provided was good.
Pros
free breakfasts every month
Cons
high turnover
Its a very good company to start you r career,job security is not there though, flexible work arrangements, management can sometimes be bothering but overall its nive
Pros
Very good
Cons
No job security
The bullying culture within this group is something I have never seen mostly from higher management.
You do the job you can get the rewards

Be prepared to be berated
Prefer not to divulge, but it is a job that you come to work & only work really.
You monitored on the amount of valuable & non- valuable calls received & made. It is a head down bum up job, walk in start working & walk out once your 8 hours have been completed. I must say the management are considerate to a certain degree but if time is to be made up if you arrive late or leave early Beit for personal reason or traffic.
Pros
Could work from home sometimes
Cons
long hours & no potential to move or in house training to further knowledge
I have worked at rexel for just over 16 months and while it is stressful and intense, it has been the best time for me personally.
The manager awesome and so arr the rest of the staff which makes a fantastic culture.
Rexel is a stable company with flexibility to accommodate work/life balance so good for a young family.

The work is varied and always keeps you busy through the day.

There will be times out of hours work and End of Month on call duties are required but in lieu compensation is provided.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Out of Hours/ End of Month overnight duties
9 hour days plus Saturday work on a tri-weekly basis
Quotation experience

Pleasant working conditions

The company itself is a Global company, however with 4 other wholesalers in Gladstone, the Rexel share of the electrical contractor market was not enough to sustain the company or it's employees.
Pros
gained more experience
Cons
Stability in the market
working at Rexel was very stressful at times and very challanging at times. dealinng with a wide range of customers and keeping them all happy was a great part of my job.
My typical day will start with organizing and counting a cyclical. Followed by checking my email, answering and update any information found.
Answering telephones assisting customer either on phone or at the front counter.

Updating quotations for upcoming projects.

Checking with suppliers on delivery dates and emailing customers with new delivery dates.

Contacting suppliers for goods return authority so overstocks and incorrect supplies can be returned.

Assisting the Manager and other staff members where required.

I have learned a new computer system and different procedures working with this company such as internal transfers.
Workload high, a lot of temporary staff which were not there long enough to perform their job in a satisfactory manner. No support from management or supervisors. I had a good rapport with the companies I dealt with on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours but still time poor for the amount of work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexel?
Rexel is a slow paced, but thoroughly efficient company. You always have to make sure you are exact in everything you do because you are sending stock to places all over Australia.
Pros
Free Lunches if you work on weekends
Cons
Used me as a safety net in case they couldn't recruit a Manager from a rival company. When they recruited that Manager I was left without a role at the company.
You learn to stand on your feet very qickly, the company ran staffing levels a little to low( whilst I was there). Good support from middle management.
Pros
Learnt new skill sets
Cons
Company changing directions to mny timrs.
A typical day 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday 9-1. There was some overtime.

I learned about electrical supplies and the MDM system used for making their catalogue.

The manager was always sure to be clear in his instructions and was happy to explain when there were any questions.

My co-workers and I worked in close proximity, we shared work loads and made sure that communication between team members was always clear.

The hardest was when having to deal with advanced technical terms with only a general understanding, but I was helped with that by co-workers.

The most enjoyable was having a good team and learning new skills.
Eiw was a good place to work i was happy for nearly 6 years,then rexel took over and pretty much took the whole of eiw apart,we used to have organised days out will all staff and family and be well looked after in the work place day to day.Now its really just wrecking all the hard work our many staff members have spent endlles hours trying to build up.why?
Pros
good till rexel took over
Cons
as eiw none
shareholder company nationally listed
given internal job progression opportunities

overall not a bad place to work
Pros
job security
Cons
mulitple
As my first role in the field of Credit, Rexel have allowed me to be exposed to almost all areas of Accounts Receivable. A typical day is filled with processing new credit applications and assessing credit limit increase requests, making daily collection/follow up calls to outstanding accounts, responding to customer/branch inquiries and management of delinquent accounts to achieve DSO targets.
My co-workers are the single best thing about my working experience, they are bubbly and joyous individuals that make the day more enjoyable. The hardest part is dealing with customers that have less than sparkling personalities, but I guess in life you're bound to meet a bad egg here and there. Management is very approachable and willing to take all ideas/concerns on board.
Pros
Monthly Morning Teas sponsored by Management
Cons
Non Competitive Salaries
Doing allot of work in Excel Spreadsheets, learnt how handy V-look-up is and many useful Excel tools as main duties was expediting for the mines tracking their materials in transport. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness on a daily basis. The most enjoyable was a very casual atmosphere and working together in a respective team environment.
Pros
stable working conditions
Cons
every second of your time is counted
A well managed branch, interesting work good working environment
Pros
flexible
Cons
upper management is new and inexperienced