Rexel Employee Reviews

High pace but fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Launceston TAS25 December 2018
I have worked at rexel for just over 16 months and while it is stressful and intense, it has been the best time for me personally.
The manager awesome and so arr the rest of the staff which makes a fantastic culture.
Stable work environment with good work/life balance
APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW27 August 2018
Rexel is a stable company with flexibility to accommodate work/life balance so good for a young family.

The work is varied and always keeps you busy through the day.

There will be times out of hours work and End of Month on call duties are required but in lieu compensation is provided.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Out of Hours/ End of Month overnight duties
Good intergration with public and suppiers
Assistant Manager (2IC) (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD30 January 2018
9 hour days plus Saturday work on a tri-weekly basis
Quotation experience
Pleasant working conditions
The company itself is a Global company, however with 4 other wholesalers in Gladstone, the Rexel share of the electrical contractor market was not enough to sustain the company or it's employees.
Pros
gained more experience
Cons
Stability in the market
challanging place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nerang QLD11 September 2017
working at Rexel was very stressful at times and very challanging at times. dealinng with a wide range of customers and keeping them all happy was a great part of my job.
Busy and good friendly co worker
Lighting Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Acacia Ridge QLD7 August 2017
My typical day will start with organizing and counting a cyclical. Followed by checking my email, answering and update any information found.
Answering telephones assisting customer either on phone or at the front counter.
Updating quotations for upcoming projects.
Checking with suppliers on delivery dates and emailing customers with new delivery dates.
Contacting suppliers for goods return authority so overstocks and incorrect supplies can be returned.
Assisting the Manager and other staff members where required.

I have learned a new computer system and different procedures working with this company such as internal transfers.
High rate of staff turnover
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pymble NSW13 June 2017
Workload high, a lot of temporary staff which were not there long enough to perform their job in a satisfactory manner. No support from management or supervisors. I had a good rapport with the companies I dealt with on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours but still time poor for the amount of work.
Efficient
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW7 May 2017
Rexel is a slow paced, but thoroughly efficient company. You always have to make sure you are exact in everything you do because you are sending stock to places all over Australia.
Pros
Free Lunches if you work on weekends
Cons
Unethical descions made at upper Management level
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mildura, VIC9 August 2015
Used me as a safety net in case they couldn't recruit a Manager from a rival company. When they recruited that Manager I was left without a role at the company.
Wholesaling game is a ling day on your feet with little support from above
Branch Manager & Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park15 July 2015
You learn to stand on your feet very qickly, the company ran staffing levels a little to low( whilst I was there). Good support from middle management.
Pros
Learnt new skill sets
Cons
Company changing directions to mny timrs.
New and informative experience
Data Clerk- Contract Full Time (Former Employee) –  North Ryde, NSW3 February 2015
A typical day 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday 9-1. There was some overtime.

I learned about electrical supplies and the MDM system used for making their catalogue.

The manager was always sure to be clear in his instructions and was happy to explain when there were any questions.

My co-workers and I worked in close proximity, we shared work loads and made sure that communication between team members was always clear.

The hardest was when having to deal with advanced technical terms with only a general understanding, but I was helped with that by co-workers.

The most enjoyable was having a good team and learning new skills.
all as below
warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  eiw oconnor2 April 2014
Eiw was a good place to work i was happy for nearly 6 years,then rexel took over and pretty much took the whole of eiw apart,we used to have organised days out will all staff and family and be well looked after in the work place day to day.Now its really just wrecking all the hard work our many staff members have spent endlles hours trying to build up.why?
Pros
good till rexel took over
Cons
as eiw none
as per resume
SA Major Accounts, Project Dept , Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  riverland & adelaide10 December 2013
shareholder company nationally listed
given internal job progression opportunities
overall not a bad place to work
Pros
job security
Cons
mulitple
High Volume Credit Department with Great Characters
QLD Credit Officer (Current Employee) –  North Ryde, NSW29 July 2013
As my first role in the field of Credit, Rexel have allowed me to be exposed to almost all areas of Accounts Receivable. A typical day is filled with processing new credit applications and assessing credit limit increase requests, making daily collection/follow up calls to outstanding accounts, responding to customer/branch inquiries and management of delinquent accounts to achieve DSO targets.
My co-workers are the single best thing about my working experience, they are bubbly and joyous individuals that make the day more enjoyable. The hardest part is dealing with customers that have less than sparkling personalities, but I guess in life you're bound to meet a bad egg here and there. Management is very approachable and willing to take all ideas/concerns on board.
Pros
Monthly Morning Teas sponsored by Management
Cons
Non Competitive Salaries
Very Casual and relaxed friendly place to work
Contracts Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tingalpa Brisbane23 October 2012
Doing allot of work in Excel Spreadsheets, learnt how handy V-look-up is and many useful Excel tools as main duties was expediting for the mines tracking their materials in transport. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness on a daily basis. The most enjoyable was a very casual atmosphere and working together in a respective team environment.
Pros
stable working conditions
Cons
every second of your time is counted
Good place to work at a local level
Sales (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton Qld8 April 2012
A well managed branch, interesting work good working environment
Pros
flexible
Cons
upper management is new and inexperienced