RGA Employee Reviews

Poor Management
VISUAL BRAND MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 September 2019
It was great for advancing. The job did create great new opportunities for those just starting on their career. But the company folded due to bad management from the higher entry level.
Muy buena empresa.
asesor de ventas (Former Employee) –  Tacna, Tacna10 August 2019
Muy buena empresa, tienen muchos contactos, se puede crecer profesionalmente.
MS Dynamics Developer/Business Analyst (intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO7 June 2019
Work on upgrading CRM server software from MS Dynamics 2012 to MS Dynamics 2013.

Document customizations, and manage data in SQL environment.

Learn and use SQL to consolidate the SQL server for a software upgrade. Assist Lead Systems Analyst in administrating MS Dynamics CRM server.

Assist CRM team in managing user accounts, licensing, and permissions.
Poor management
Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO22 February 2019
RGA has excellent benefits.
It also has inept managers in marketing who are not capable of being leaders, do not listen, and do not understand the business. HR does not help the employees when they should and offer little help.
Benefits
Cons
Bad managers
Hard Working Professionals
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO25 January 2019
Great experience with highly competent coworkers for those willing to work hard. The Internal Audit department predominantly completes SOX testing. Excellent coworker collaboration with convenient meeting rooms scattered throughout each floor.
Good company
Technical Lead/ Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield USA15 October 2018
It is a very good company to grow in all aspects, very healthy environment, good management, follow the industries standards and other compliance like the security of document etc.
Very intellectually stimulating culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Barbados/ Caribbean10 October 2018
Culturally its a progressive organisation. The provide an environment for personal exploration and growth. the principal is a results driven individual. .
Fast pasting
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC27 July 2018
Ths job was ok it was fast paste i enjoy that i didnt like that we oy get 10 min breaks i really wasnt tgete that long but why i was it was great nice mangers workers were good to
Lead of RGA department
Operator of an forklift and cherry picker (Current Employee) –  Austell, GA12 July 2018
Lead over five associates. We received in returned packing back from customers . Then we will received in has good or damage. If items are good. The items will be returned back to the shelf for sale. Package will be receive from FED-X or UPS. The warehouse will receive in 160 boxes from both carriers. The package come in ever day.
Productive and diverse teams
Project Manager and Analyste Assurance Qualité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
Great workplace culture, great for actuaries and accountants.
I've learned a lot about Quality Assurance and Project Management (IT and Business). Employees are very well treated.
Great pLace to work
EMPLOYEE ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  Montréal (11)1 February 2018
It was a great place to work for me.
I had a one year contract and would have stayed if they had offer me a permanent position.

People are really nice and helpful. Lots of activities during the year.
Micromanagement at it best
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ27 August 2017
They employ "At Will", and have you sign documents stating so. They will and have exercised their right to "Fire at Will". Extremely high turnover.

I'm seem at least 5 people leave or get terminated in the short time I was there.
Short Term Project
Asset Reconciliation (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO26 June 2017
Scanned all assets at in the building and worked with the other locations in the other countries to get serial numbers and count for phones and other assets.
Pros
Great team astomphere
Cons
Too many contractors
Massive Studio, Fun Projects
3D Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 May 2017
The people in my department were all great. People were willing to help when you needed it. I was given plenty of freedom and opportunities to showcase other ways I can help out.
Fun retail job, had events for customers and their children
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 May 2017
The job itself wasn't hard. I loved my job. The problem arose when upper management changed. I guess all my work and sacrifices for two yrs was wasted.
Familiar industry
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO4 March 2017
After being in the insurance industry for 10 + years, RGA was familiar, which is why I took the contact. I enjoyed my time there and fulfilled my obligations
Good, solid company to work for with many opportunities for advancement
Administrative Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO28 October 2016
typical 9 to 5 day with normal breaks, fun people to work with and great benefits. I held several different jobs throughout my time there, so I learned many different things about different aspects of the business. Management is good in some departments and not so good in others, and when I was there the managers were allowed to opt out of training classes that I, as a new supervisor, found very useful to help me manage my people. The lack of commitment and/or indifference to self-improvement on some managers' parts was disheartening and was evident in their management styles. The hardest part of the job was workload/time management and the constant push to meet exceedingly difficult goals. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I had with my co-workers. I made a lot of good friends over the years, many of whom I still talk to.
Good workplace with a good management team
Reinsurance Administration Analyst (Current Employee) –  London9 September 2016
It is a very flexible environment, supportive of change and development. There is an option for flexible working hours and the option of working from home.

Salary is mid-range and sometimes not as per market rate.
Difficult to work with IT Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO31 July 2016
This was possibly the worst job I've ever had. I drove 45 minutes each way to sit at a desk and twiddle my thumbs, beg for work, and was pretty much told I obviously didn't understand.
My immediate supervisor couldn't make decisions on her own but looked to her manager to tell her what to do for everything. I'm a highly educated employee who has spent years in hands on IT and Management positions and I found it extremely uncomfortable to watch IT management throw temper tantrums because an employee made suggestions to fix things that the IT manager didn't agree with. The atmosphere is stifling and not conducive to success. As long as you do what your told and do not suggest any process improvements you'll be fine. I just couldn't continue to work for a department where employee input was viewed as a bad thing.
Pros
Cafeteria, covered parking
Cons
disfunctional management
Great atmosphere, good music and very supportive management
Sales Associate/Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NY 117069 July 2016
i would check in with the MOD to see what had been already done, needs to be done and sales plan for the day/week. Most days i'd start my shift off with customer service, my shift usually started when there was heavy foot traffic. When things slowed down me and the MOD would focus on rearranging the stock or changing the visuals in the store to keep a fresh in style look. Those were always the things i enjoyed the most being that my managers gave me a lot of creative license, the worst part would probably just getting the store in shape for the next day; because in retail there is always a lot of folding, fixing, cleaning and reorganizing to do. Being able to connect my phone to play music in the store really made closing a breeze, plus i always had an awesome friendly coworker along side.
Pros
30% discount, able to play music in store, family environment, flexible schedule
Cons
hours being cut