Right At Home

39: Right At Home Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,196 reviews

Relaxed, flexible and friendly, no egos.

I choose the hours I want to do and if I don't like the client I let them know with no issues, some clients can be so rude, so it's better not to go back. I do personal care, domestic assistance and social support. Management and office staff are great, very friendly, no looking down on you.The only downside is communication between the office and the worker unless they want you to fill a shift, otherwise, it's a good place to work.

13 July 2022
Thank you so much for recognizing the hard work the Right at Home team puts in every day. Your satisfaction is a top priority and we love hearing from you. We are so glad you had such an exceptional experience. Thank you!

Poor management lack of support

Pretty poor management Lack of supportDon’t support staff at allRostering team have there favourites so if your in the in group u will get plenty of work. Very little support from management .private husband and wife own and run Could be a brilliant place but sadly not High staff turn over in middle management

Pros

Non

Great colleagues, Toxic management

Great colleagues and client based, very supported by co-workers,flexible, great work/ lifestyle balance, staff team orientated.Toxic management, micro managed.

Pros

Client based, great colleagues

Cons

Micro managed, Toxic management

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Very friendly, supportive management. I could call the office any time and always had immediate required support. Negotiable on hours. Lovely clients 🙂

13 July 2022
We appreciate you saying such kind things about your experience with Right at Home. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Right at Home franchisees enjoy hearing from you and take pride in providing an all-around exceptional experience. It means so much when (employees/clients) share their experiences. We are happy this local office was able to meet/exceed your expectations!

It's okay

The team were nice and friendly, however they barely rostered people and when I was rostered my shifts were extremely short. For example they expected me to drive 30 minutes for a 2 hour shift.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short hours

13 July 2022
We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with this Right at Home franchise office. We encourage you to reach out to this local office and express your concerns. While your feedback is very important to us, it is important to note this office is locally and independently owned and operated. However, if you would like to speak with someone at the corporate office, you may contact the Employment Brand Ambassador at employeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

Was okay but definitely room for improvemnt

Company was awesome to work for when i first started , then it changed after the first year in the dynamics i feel they got big too quickly. There was no work life balance.

13 July 2022
Thank you for your review of this Right at Home franchise office. At Right at Home, our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we invite you to contact our Employment Brand Ambassador at employeeexperience@rightathome.net to share your specific concerns. Thank you.

Would NEVER go back

Indecisive and indifferent management.Unrealistic expectations from their staff on all types of deliverablesPoor / toxic culture.No interest in staff welfare.

13 July 2022
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry you had a negative experience with this Right at Home franchise office. We would like to take steps to improve and invite you to contact our corporate office at employeeexperience@righathome.net to share your specific concerns as your feedback is important to us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Unprofessional and dishonest

Unprofessional and dishonest. Clients are lovely, however doesn’t make up for working for people like that. It was very disappointing. And they withhold pay...

13 July 2022

Unpredictable and stressful for me personally. Other workers seemed to be happy with this company

Roster was hectic and management was not always supportive or contactable in times of need for extended periods. I did enjoy working with the clients at all times.My hours weren't enough to support myself. Contracted for 10 hrs a week.

13 July 2022

This is a terrible company to work for.

The carers had " no say" sometimes clients were abusive and lied Highly: " dont recommend"Matt the manager is a control freakHe has never being a carer so lacks compassion and empathy I would not recommend this company to work for or the clients to join.

Pros

none - they paid parking offered a xmas bbq

Cons

long hours little shifts waited ages to be refunded for parking and other refunds

13 July 2022

Clients beautiful just not treated well by management

Management not professional culture not good clan related. Pick favorites don't listen to staff issues. Pay is bad per hr. Some clients not looked after properly cheated in their hrs.

Pros

Shifts

Cons

Low pay

Super easy going

Super great team, flexible working environment, approachable and open management. Heaps of hours available that suit my lifestyle. Breathable uniform.

Pros

Work events and perks

– 2 December 2021
Thank you so much for your kind words, We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We value all our team members. We look forward to hopefully working with you again in the future- Regards Claudia- Right at Home Managing Director

TERRIBLE place to work.

Untrustworthy company. Stay away unless you are very resilient and can handle rude managers! Clients are lovely, however, 90% of the carers are not trained, so beware…

Pros

Attractive pay.

Cons

Absolutely everything.

Terrible organisation

If i could say anything the clients are beautiful people and the carers are good people who are expected to go above their skill levels for this company , the training is no existent and so much pressure is put on the carers , like their duty of care is jeopardized by admin as well are not to put the clients health and wellbeing first, this company is only concerned about money, they policies are ridiculous , admin gives out your personal number without consent , do yourself a favour and seek employment elsewhere, i worked for these guys for just over a year and the employee turnover when i was there was massive and continues and the amount of stress leave taken is only a small eye opener to what the carers go through..

Pros

Will get hired

Cons

Expect you to work beyond your skills

13 July 2022

Not a place I’d rush back to

It was a new company. Owner manager extremely difficult with very high demands. I was expected to answer the work phone 24/7 and fill gaps on weekends as needed with no compensation.

Pros

Good work experience

Cons

Long hours / on call 24/7

13 July 2022
Thank you for your review of this Right at Home franchise office. We are sorry to hear your experience with this office was not as positive as we would like. If you would like to provide more information about your experience with this office, please contact our Employee Brand Ambassador at employeeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

Reliable place to work with well designed platform that helps the company to increase the productivity and growth in the health industry

Right at home is incredible a modernised home care service industry that is designed to help individuals in the community to make the right choices to improve their life and wellbeing. The industry services the community with respect and most noted consumer directed approaches to meet the care needs of care recipients.

Pros

Free lunch N/a

Cons

Short hours sometimes

13 July 2022
Thank you for leaving this office such a wonderful review. They will be thrilled that you loved your experience; the staff will certainly be happy to read what you wrote. Right at Home puts your experience and satisfaction as a top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work put in every day. Thank you for your kind words!

Uneducated

No comment as I have no positives to write really about the local management . Uneducated regarding this industry . If you employ people that have qualifications to care for the elderly listen to them and become informed that’s what great managers do . I felt my registration was on the line and no on site job training is offered . If your a Registered Nurse don’t risk your registration .

Pros

Cons

Long hrs non negotiable lunch breaks

Disappointing.

You will not get paid for travel but they will always expect you to travel to clients out of your own pocket. They class it as no different than driving to and from work, however i would sometimes travel up to 50mins each way, with no travel pay.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

no travel pay

5 May 2021
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we hope you bring this issue to the attention of the local office. We value your feedback and if you would like to speak with someone at the corporate office, please reach out to our Employee Brand Ambassador at employeeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

RAH team were dynamic, passionate and very professional.

Friendly and amazing staff.Very flexible with my hours, love working for them i would definitely recommend because it's an excellent company to work for.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Supportive working environment

The most helpful, supportive and genuinely caring management in the industry. You are carefully paired with compatible clients to you, giving you the tools to have a successful workplace.

Pros

getting paired with like minded clients

Great communication

Really responsive, Friendly staff who actively listen. Have been kept busy with work. Helpful and good communication. I can study and work around this.

Pros

pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Right At Home with