Right At Home
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Right At Home Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,892 reviews

Recognition Awards

Meeting people thay require help at home and in the community Helping clients with certain challenges they may be experiencing and to listen to their needs

Reliable place to work with well designed platform that helps the company to increase the productivity and growth in the health industry

Right at home is incredible a modernised home care service industry that is designed to help individuals in the community to make the right choices to improve their life and wellbeing. The industry services the community with respect and most noted consumer directed approaches to meet the care needs of care recipients.

Pros

Free lunch N/a

Cons

Short hours sometimes

Uneducated

No comment as I have no positives to write really about the local management . Uneducated regarding this industry . If you employ people that have qualifications to care for the elderly listen to them and become informed that’s what great managers do . I felt my registration was on the line and no on site job training is offered . If your a Registered Nurse don’t risk your registration .

Pros

Cons

Long hrs non negotiable lunch breaks

Disappointing.

You will not get paid for travel but they will always expect you to travel to clients out of your own pocket. They class it as no different than driving to and from work, however i would sometimes travel up to 50mins each way, with no travel pay.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

no travel pay

Official response from Right At Home

5 May 2021
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we hope you bring this issue to the attention of the local office. We value your feedback and if you would like to speak with someone at the corporate office, please reach out to our Employee Brand Ambassador at employeeeexperience@rightathome.net. Thank you.

RAH team were dynamic, passionate and very professional.

Friendly and amazing staff.Very flexible with my hours, love working for them i would definitely recommend because it's an excellent company to work for.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Supportive working environment

The most helpful, supportive and genuinely caring management in the industry. You are carefully paired with compatible clients to you, giving you the tools to have a successful workplace.

Pros

getting paired with like minded clients

Fun and Inclusive

RAH BW is a great company to work for. Everyone is so engaging and collaborative. You are not working for them, you are working with them. Office staff works hard to match you with clients within 30 mins distance and will never put you in a situation you are uncomfortable in.

Pros

Team oriented

Cons

nil

Great communication

Really responsive, Friendly staff who actively listen. Have been kept busy with work. Helpful and good communication. I can study and work around this.

Pros

pay rate

Big Issues with Management

Right At Home Southern NSW is owned and directed by a husband and wife. The husband owner is professional and mostly supportive, however, the wife is not. If you work in an office role, expect temper tantrums, passive aggressive behaviour, constant tension in the air, aggressive emails, snide remarks and unrealistic expectations from her. Nobody lasts more than 6 months in this job, purely because of female directors behaviour. The main issue with this is that there is nobody higher up to go to about her, so ultimately, you have to be the one having to leave, not her. After 2 and a bit years (second longest employee they ever had), I decided to move on due to the constant, poor behaviour. On my last day, I walked into the female director with her back to me, typing away on the computer. I said goodbye and went to shake hands. I was met with a "bye" and not even a slight attempt to turn a head, let alone turn a body to shake my hand. Childish. It is also expected of you to take an after-hours mobile every second or third week. The phone rings 24/7, multiple times per day and you are compensated a flat $200 for the week, despite spending 7 nights without sleep and having to work all Saturday and Sunday, due to phone constantly ringing. Apart from that, it would be a fantastic place to work.

Pros

Great clients

Cons

High turnover of staff, constant tension

Ok

This company needs to improve big time with communication between its office and ground staff. Needs balance of staff to clients. Over all ok to work for but need improvement

Jobs at Right At Home

See more jobs

Productive and rewarding workplace.

Working for Right at Home Southern was the best decision i have made in my working career. The workplace culture and management are both positive and supportive. Highly recommend others to work for Right at Home Southern.

Fast-paced work place working with a great team of people

Have recently started working with Right At Home in Wagga and am working with an incredible team of people. They have made me feel very welcome and have provided full training to help with my role.

Growth environment

Fantastic team in a quick growing environment. Hard working group with ability to change a grow. This is a fast paced workforce with a lot of communication between departments required. Knowing how to take notes quickly will be a very good advantage.

Very caring, fun and positive vibe

Always a joy to come to work and help out the many people in southern NSW who require care to stay in their home and remain independent. Super important work, the staff are friendly and it has got to be the best home care company in the area.

Person centered.

I enjoyed working at Right at Home because I liked visiting the elderly in their homes. The management were friendly and kind. The culture was easy to get into. The most enjoyable part of the job was to talk to the clients.

Micro management & things aren't what they seem!!!

For some reason previous review is gone!!! Micromanaged, not listened too, quals mean nothing as stated by hierarchy. Most are terminated by email with a directive to other staff not to contact or talk to terminated employee. Care model is wonderful but environment is not so great. Best advice: you will, for the best part, be told what it this thought you want to hear and in responding your are not heard...be aware...1 weeks training and off you go...

A good company to work for very caring and friendly. Always there to consult with if you are having any issues with your work or clients. The staff are very supportive and you feel like part of a family. I would recommend working for Right At Home Midland.

It was ok

Not a bad place to work for , some of the staff are great to work with , but some really need to change there approach when communicating with team members

Right at home is a great place to work

I enjoy working at right at home the staff are very friendly my bosses are amazing the clients are lovely it’s a very rewarding job getting to help people everyday

Managment sucks clients are great

Use your initive Google activities Follow ur heart Do what's in the way interest of your client Work ur guts out for 18 hours straight then get fired

Companion worker

I got approve for companion job but my contract say personal care assistance. They say that they have a lot of work available I've been employed by Right at Home for 9 weeks and had only done 1 job , 2 hours . Also they are wanting you to use lifting machines on your own , don't worry about the "Risks" to you or your client. Be careful when you say no to a job (whs) , you will get your head bitten off . Before I started with Right at Home I highly recommend them but now I'll take all my words back . If you want to be a part of family , Right at Home isn't the place .

Cons

Zero

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K