Rivers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rivers Management reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance

Slow paced work place.

Retail assistance, Majority of customers are in the senior years. Slow paced work place, friendly staff and management, perfect job for a junior to experience customer service for the first time.

Worst management I have dealt with

The day-to-day job and responsibilities are easy to learn and complete, learnt a lot about the retail industry and how to motivate others, and majority of the co-workers were great to work with. The best part of the job for me was running weekend shifts and supervising others. The 'hardest' part of the job was putting up with the store manager who was constantly moody and unpredictable. I put up with comments that were sexist and offensive, and felt anxious to send the daily figures knowing that the inability to over achieve would result in a lack of shifts. Hours were often taken off staff to give to other staff that 'need them more', text messages were rarely responded to, if anyone were to approach this manager with a concern it would result in a defensive attack from them. The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting and handing my key back to this manager.

Pros

30% full price items (only 10% for family/friends)

Cons

Inexperienced management, instability.

productive and great fun place to work

typical day at work start at 8:15am open shop count money for till re arrange racks make sure the store is clean. so far i have learned a different point of sale system to what i was use to plus a different method of banking, scanning and entering deliveries. Management and co-workers are great to work with they are easy to get along with and make the day fun and exciting not to mention the great customers we have come through the store. there's not really anything hard about the store i work in we all get in and do our work and help the customers. most enjoyable of the job would be the smile on the customers faces i just love interacting with people ..

Pros

payed breaks a great percentage off clothing

Cons

not enough hours to keep my house hold running

Casual work environment, friendly staff

My usual day consisted of unpacking boxes, cleaning the store, and serving customers. Our branch was quite quiet, so cleaning became the main task; I often found creative ways to continue work towards the end of the working day. Mostly, I learned to develop my communication skills, confidence, and how to manage an irritable customer. Management was fairly good; I mostly got regular shifts, although, due to the quiet nature of our branch, there were periods of time where I got as little as one 3hour shift over the course of three weeks. The hardest part of the job was problem-solving for unreasonable customers. It challenged me to come up with appropriate and creative solutions to unreasonable demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was working the cash register and making small-talk with the customers; I learned a great deal about the world around me because of the customers own interests.

Pros

flexible hours, decent lunch and rest breaks, developing communication skills

Cons

often not enough work to split between employees, store was far too quiet to feel productive, almost never met sales budgets due to quite nature of store

Fun workplace and Good Work Culture

Very good management and Helpful Team members.Good team work is there at rivers.Customer service at Retail industry is new to me and enjoyed work at rivers.

good workplace

I would unpack boxes, stack shelves, clean, serve customers. my co-workers were much more older then me so I didn't get along with them as much as id like. I learnt their system within the first shift. I didn't deal with the management side but I didn't have a problem with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rivers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Rivers