Rivers Australia Employee Reviews

strict workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA26 February 2019
The management for when I was a sales assistant was barely present as the higher ups didn't seem to take much care in coming to visit the store or even phone to see how it was coming along.

Most enjoyable part? was working with my colleagues
very good
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham VIC25 September 2018
work life balance good,management treat staffs exceptionally good free lunch free gifts,free every things,exceptionally good place to work for,job secure guranteed
Pros
freee lunches/chrismas gifts
Great place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essendon Fields VIC25 July 2018
Good management
Good pay
Fun environment
Great staff
Good hours
Amazing break schedule
Discount of products (30%)
Have to wear merchandise
Loved working there
Culture of bullying
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC14 July 2018
There is problem bullying. Staff members could only deal with it by leaving.

The toxic cultural attitudes heads up the chain of command. Instead of leadership that inspires workers and makes them feel excited to perform, there is a lot of pressure to comply and execute, creating ugly competitiveness.

Many of the customers were a pleasure. There is job satisfaction when you have helped customers and they thank you for it. It makes you feel good that you have helped make someone's day a little better. In spite of the above, there are still some staff members who are good to work with.

The pay is normal for retail. The uniform is wear what you like from the brand which means you can be comfortable in your choice of clothes.
Pros
A lot of good customers. Good work wear.
Cons
Incessant workplace bullying.
Average overall experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 June 2018
3 star can't complain but can't say too much good either. No quality control on who they hire. Not enough incentive to stay long term. Completely overlooked the good workers.
Pros
Discount clothes
Cons
Bad staff
Rivers is good to learn customer service.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD 467017 May 2018
Putting out stock and pricing items and cleaning the store. I learned how to taged the stock correctly. Management is important to manage time better. There was a difference cultures. The hardest part of the job was not enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy.
lots of hard work for little pay
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA16 May 2018
too many people running the company no communication between any poor stock control no security in stores unrealistic tasks would not recommend to work here
productive, fastpaced and fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC30 April 2018
i first started on the product line of making shoes and progressed through to picking and packing in the footwear and clothing factories, first aid officer, stock take team including control desk in all factories, auditing stock control and discrepancy, data entry, OH&S product safety, returns and damage of stock, online control desk, general housekeeping
fun place to work
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2018
a typical day at rivers would be cleaning and keeping the store neat tidy whilst running out new stock and satisfying our customers needs. my time are rivers taught me to how to multitask and how to enjoy working, i also learnt a lot about my fellow staff member as well as the community who shopped at rivers. the hardest part of the job would be constantly clean after customers, but the most enjoyable part of the job was making new friendship with others that work at rivers and our staff member.
Pros
fun staff members
productive and energetic work place
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lilydale VIC19 February 2018
Rivers has been a fantastic company to work within, management is always willing to help with any issues straight away.
i've learnt alot about the concepts of retail and really enjoy every day there. Always a ear to listen if you have a problem and they generally care about there employees which is an awesome feeling.

work place culture is very welcoming and understanding of every individual, also flexible to everyone needs.
Pros
lovely people to work with, build great customer relations
Cons
tough customers & everything is rapidly changing so sometimes it seems hard to keep updated, but if your good with fast paced environments you will love rivers.
great working environment
Store Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC18 February 2018
i enjoyed the years that I worked at the rivers store and there was great people that I worked with they were always friendly and welcoming, I also enjoyed assisting customers
productive and fun place to work at .
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 January 2018
I like the company and its rules . it is a fun workplace . all stuff there are kind and hard workers . The only think that i do not really like about it is the place where is located it is quite not much customers and also it is far from where i live .
Fun place to work, managment needed improvement.
Full Time Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Katoomba NSW13 January 2018
The people I worked with were quite enjoyable to do so, however there was a large space in time when we were without a manager which caused a lot of trouble. However, due to a strong team we kept the store stable and even improved it while we were there.
Pros
Cheaper clothes
Cons
Iffy managment
It was 8 years of my life that passed very quickly.
Grade 1 F/T 12 MTHS (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC11 January 2018
Loved the team orientated culture, a culture promoting respect,anti discrimination ect. a great management team.Loved going to work,kept busy with a variety of tasks.time passed quickly. Worked independently within many of the tasks performed so, enjoyed challenging myself daily with targets and different aspects of tasks at hand.
The hardest part would have been adapting to winter and the summer conditions,working in a warehouse.
The most enjoyable part l feel would be the appreciation conveyed to me from management for my efforts,considering that my efforts were for self satisfaction this appreciation was a bonus.
Stressful place to work at, no appreciation for all the hard work put in
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
What can I say apart from the Regional manager is the rudest guy I’ve ever come across. Staff working in rivers are all stressed out and overworked. Always understaffed and expected to complete everything in the store that normally would need twice as many staff to do.
Think twice about getting a job here as I’ve worked for retail for the past 20 years and have never come across so many stressed out staff that are at breaking point.
And boy how rude customers can be as rivers only attract the worst
Pros
Nothing good about this place
Cons
Nothing at all
Always a Productive and fun workplace to be in, with friendly staff and some friendly customers aswell :)
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC13 November 2017
All through the few years, I have really enjoyed the experience and workplace environment, and will still enjoy to work at Rivers because of the friendly staff members and the upbeat productive shifts
Pros
Free Christmas dinner/event every year with the friendly staff
Cons
Some difficult customers
Very Average
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 October 2017
poor work environment, low pay wage, not many hours available, average customers, myer centre location is in very poor condition (I often left with hayfever-like symptoms due to excessive dust and mould)
Amazing job
Retail sales assistant, Managment Trainee (Former Employee) –  Katoomba NSW21 July 2017
I wished I had never left perhaps one day I can go back, I miss the job with all my heart I have no complaints about the hours the staff the boss I hope one day I can get back to this one.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Not a very friendly company to work for. Too much in house bullying and negativity. Low pay.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 April 2017
Too much work to complete with limited help and limited hours, low pay. Expectation to work more hours than paid to complete tasks. Area Manager rude.
Great team to work for
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW5 April 2017
The managers and other employees all worked together really well to make the store the best they could and always looked out for each other. Every shift was great and they were very understanding.
Pros
Great team work