Rivers Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rivers Australia Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews
Was always standing around, was told not to interact with customers unless they looked desperate, was repeatedly told off for doing things that management didn't like.

Was never give the opportunity to progress or push forward, was kept on my feel for extremely long hours.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, limited breaks, poor and unsafe work environment
Former manager at the kalgoorlie store.
I enjoyed my time at Rivers and was there 7 years all up,started as a casual.Upper management was great and other store managers very helpful when I had a problem.
Pros
Flexible roster, great staff, fun environment, transfers to other locations
Cons
No stock control
fun place to work, i enjoyed the staff, customers and experience.
The manager was great, in the time i worked there the company had been bought out but all the loyalty stayed, great company.
Most people working in the stores are friendly and easy to get on with, including the store managers, the big issues come from head office, unreasonable expectations and constant threatening and bullying behaviour with no praise when targets are met, instead, people are threatened with their jobs if these ridiculous targets aren't met and no reason is ever good enough good enough for them, some members of head office have also personally attacked employees for no reason, an absolutely toxic culture.
Larger stores have more staff which I luckily enough to be able to work in. Smaller stores have only brief cover for lunches and other jobs such as banking, rosters and replying to emails. Head office was a little poor at time expectations of jobs that needed to be completed leaving lots of staff feeling under pressure and sometimes working in their own time. overall I had a good time there, would work there again.
Pros
Great staff discount, good hours and friendly managers
Cons
KPI's sometimes unachievable, lots of stock and not enough space to store it.
The management for when I was a sales assistant was barely present as the higher ups didn't seem to take much care in coming to visit the store or even phone to see how it was coming along.

Most enjoyable part? was working with my colleagues
work life balance good,management treat staffs exceptionally good free lunch free gifts,free every things,exceptionally good place to work for,job secure guranteed
Pros
freee lunches/chrismas gifts
Good management
Good pay

Fun environment

Great staff

Good hours

Amazing break schedule

Discount of products (30%)

Have to wear merchandise

Loved working there
There is problem bullying. Staff members could only deal with it by leaving.

The toxic cultural attitudes heads up the chain of command. Instead of leadership that inspires workers and makes them feel excited to perform, there is a lot of pressure to comply and execute, creating ugly competitiveness.

Many of the customers were a pleasure. There is job satisfaction when you have helped customers and they thank you for it. It makes you feel good that you have helped make someone's day a little better. In spite of the above, there are still some staff members who are good to work with.

The pay is normal for retail. The uniform is wear what you like from the brand which means you can be comfortable in your choice of clothes.
Pros
A lot of good customers. Good work wear.
Cons
Incessant workplace bullying.
3 star can't complain but can't say too much good either. No quality control on who they hire. Not enough incentive to stay long term. Completely overlooked the good workers.
Pros
Discount clothes
Cons
Bad staff
Putting out stock and pricing items and cleaning the store. I learned how to taged the stock correctly. Management is important to manage time better. There was a difference cultures. The hardest part of the job was not enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy.
too many people running the company no communication between any poor stock control no security in stores unrealistic tasks would not recommend to work here
i first started on the product line of making shoes and progressed through to picking and packing in the footwear and clothing factories, first aid officer, stock take team including control desk in all factories, auditing stock control and discrepancy, data entry, OH&S product safety, returns and damage of stock, online control desk, general housekeeping
a typical day at rivers would be cleaning and keeping the store neat tidy whilst running out new stock and satisfying our customers needs. my time are rivers taught me to how to multitask and how to enjoy working, i also learnt a lot about my fellow staff member as well as the community who shopped at rivers. the hardest part of the job would be constantly clean after customers, but the most enjoyable part of the job was making new friendship with others that work at rivers and our staff member.
Pros
fun staff members
Rivers has been a fantastic company to work within, management is always willing to help with any issues straight away.
i've learnt alot about the concepts of retail and really enjoy every day there. Always a ear to listen if you have a problem and they generally care about there employees which is an awesome feeling.

work place culture is very welcoming and understanding of every individual, also flexible to everyone needs.
Pros
lovely people to work with, build great customer relations
Cons
tough customers & everything is rapidly changing so sometimes it seems hard to keep updated, but if your good with fast paced environments you will love rivers.
i enjoyed the years that I worked at the rivers store and there was great people that I worked with they were always friendly and welcoming, I also enjoyed assisting customers
I like the company and its rules . it is a fun workplace . all stuff there are kind and hard workers . The only think that i do not really like about it is the place where is located it is quite not much customers and also it is far from where i live .
The people I worked with were quite enjoyable to do so, however there was a large space in time when we were without a manager which caused a lot of trouble. However, due to a strong team we kept the store stable and even improved it while we were there.
Pros
Cheaper clothes
Cons
Iffy managment
Loved the team orientated culture, a culture promoting respect,anti discrimination ect. a great management team.Loved going to work,kept busy with a variety of tasks.time passed quickly. Worked independently within many of the tasks performed so, enjoyed challenging myself daily with targets and different aspects of tasks at hand.
The hardest part would have been adapting to winter and the summer conditions,working in a warehouse.

The most enjoyable part l feel would be the appreciation conveyed to me from management for my efforts,considering that my efforts were for self satisfaction this appreciation was a bonus.
What can I say apart from the Regional manager is the rudest guy I’ve ever come across. Staff working in rivers are all stressed out and overworked. Always understaffed and expected to complete everything in the store that normally would need twice as many staff to do.
Think twice about getting a job here as I’ve worked for retail for the past 20 years and have never come across so many stressed out staff that are at breaking point.

And boy how rude customers can be as rivers only attract the worst
Pros
Nothing good about this place
Cons
Nothing at all
All through the few years, I have really enjoyed the experience and workplace environment, and will still enjoy to work at Rivers because of the friendly staff members and the upbeat productive shifts
Pros
Free Christmas dinner/event every year with the friendly staff
Cons
Some difficult customers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rivers Australia. Our community is ready to answer.