RMIT University Employee Reviews

Organised
Civil Engineer-Environmental Engineer and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC28 March 2019
I was happy with the management, environment and salary. If I had a chance to stay at RMIT University for a longer time, I would definitely take it. I hope I can find a similar place to work there in the close future.
Fabulous Company
Customer Contact Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 March 2019
Fabulous company, I wish I could stay here longer if I didn't have visa restrictions.

Great team, supportive management, fun social office.

Young and motivational.
Productive and Supportive Culture for researchers
Geospatial Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 March 2019
Work with an independent attitude in a good atmosphere with supportive supervisors managers.
I learnt a lot there, in both academic and culture.
Facilities are fully provided.
Great teaching experience
Tutor & Laboratory Demonstrator (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 March 2019
Worked here as a casual tutor/lab demonstrator, which was a good exposure to the academic career. Was a fulfilling experience helping students with their practicals and assignments.
Focusing on more experiential learning.
Student (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 March 2019
Within my time at the RMIT University, I have enjoyed the culture of learning and community around it with several opportunity provided such as career advise and personal tutoring.
Nice Internship
Campaign Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 January 2019
Follow my opinion, this job is very easy to meet up other people and get the friend working environment. I also get more training in there about how to use the office software.
Cons
Learned a lot but feel unprepared as a Graduate
Alumni (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 January 2019
I felt like the course was interesting and challenging enough but lacked a lot of comprehensive tutoring in areas in which some of us wanted to specialize in, also because there were less experienced staff teaching us.
Pros
Enjoyable and personal learning
Cons
Lacking in many areas
arrogant management
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 November 2018
I have worked in 2 different groups where you will find arrogant managers who might differentiate people. I won't work there again. I hope things get better soon.
Pros
short hours of work
Cons
weak management
Great Colleagues
Sessional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC4 November 2018
I find staff very helpful, even though it is a very busy workplace. Great teamwork. Would not hesitate to advise others to work here. Have to show initiative or be left behind.
Huge cooperation, lots of opportunities
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 October 2018
Great university to work for. Lots of internal positions and opportunities to move around and up. A good mix of senior supportive staff the have been part of the university for many years and younger energetic staff with fresh ideas.
Pros
City centre so close to everythung
Cons
Expensive parking if you drive in
Great job experience as an international employee
Event Coordinator /Pilates instructor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 October 2018
I worked at RMIT as a resident pilates instructor for two semesters during my year abroad in Australia. I loved the staff, students and environment. Would absolutely return and teach again!
Good pay, good work life balance
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia28 September 2018
- Need to focus more on improving and/or add more critical course contents to truly become an outstanding university.
- Good compensation
- Good working balance
- Lack of advancement opportunities
- Convenient location: City center
Oversea business development
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2018
As a team leader of vivo mobile, I have builded business relationship with many famous company, such as Amazone, Flipkart, Grab. I also worked in India for one month. Before I started my India project, I did a lot of research about India market. I did very well in business developing and got reward from company.
Pros
Holiday tourism
Cons
business travel
Excellent
Open Day Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 July 2018
I learned a lot from this volunteer opportunity and make new friends. I feel very fulfilled and enriched. The management is quite good and workplace culture is very relaxed. The most enjoyable part of this volunteer job is that I convey some important information related to RMIT to a significant number of visitors and I feel it worthwhile.
Great Place to work as a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC26 June 2018
Being a volunteer at RMIT helps you to learn a lot of things about how the things work in Australia. It helps international students to get a better idea of the Australian culture.
Personal Development
Personal Development (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 June 2018
I studied at RMIT, I found it a great opportunity, challenging on occasions so much so it called upon my internal core to be able to prioritise, think laterally to ask questions and challenge myself.
Fun work with my colleague
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 May 2018
It was fun working at RMIT especially its location where is in heart of the city. Most of the academic contracts are casual in which makes it hard to feel secure of the job.
productive and learn new things
Reception/ Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 May 2018
got to learn and experience different cultures and at different ages.
the hardest thing about the job was to understand different cultures and langauges.
Pros
helping students
Cons
Travelling far distance
Its ok
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Australia18 April 2018
Teaching the students who want to learn is great. The ones who are just filling in time make there life and yours a nightmare because the management only see economic outcomes. The results are your problem.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Putting up with incompetent managers
RMIT Awesome Place....
DATA ANALYST/TEST CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  RMIT Melbourne9 April 2018
RMIT... Great place to Study and Great place to work. It is a great culture and people are very friendly to every culture. I was a student who started working for the University and the warmth and firendliness to me and other working students made me love the place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2