RMIT University

RMIT University Employee Reviews in Melbourne City Centre VIC

Melbourne City Centre VIC24 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Nice people

Everyone is very helpful there. I always able to find the answer for my question from my workmate or manager. Most of the people enjoyed their work and they are all highly skilled and experience.

Strategic approach to developing work outcomes

Engagement with industry to direct real-life situations for students and research is imperative for successful outcomes. The autonomous engagement with industry to allow these outcomes whilst following strategic plans for sector engagement is a main focus.

Good Place to work

Pros: Good comparative salary Paid public holidays Good environment to work Cons: Management sometimes is very aloof Hard to get promotions even after years of work

Excellent environment and supportive managers

Excellent workplace to thrive and excel. Supportive managers and colleagues. Comprehensive onboarding training provided. Excellent opportunities for professional development.

Friendly culture but everyone works in silos

great opportunities for collaboration, often the businesses would not operate as part of one university so this led to sub-optimal outcomes for standardisation of processes and systems

Pros

relaxed

Cons

slow to change

Productive workplace

Unique experience in higher degree administration and policy implementation. Great facilities and knowledgeable staff. Post graduate students, many of whom are international students.

13 January 2020
Thank you for leaving this review for us! It seems like you were surrounded by great people, which framed a wonderful working experience at RMIT!

Fun and enjoyable student union volunteering experience

The volunteer work usually involves a Thursday 'Chill n Grill' where we serve free food to people. Work starts at 10am and ends at 4pm. Volunteers are allowed to come whenever they wish and leave whenever they wish during the day though most people opt to stay for the entire day. From this experience, I learnt the importance of following procedure in ensuring that food is not undercooked and also teamworking experience with the other volunteers and customer service experience. The workplace is very friendly and the hardest part of the job is the stress during lunchtime where it becomes an extremely fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of that job was meeting new people and making new friends.

8 December 2019
Thanks for leaving a review on your time volunteering at RMIT in the Student Union! It seems like you learned a ton and got a lot of fulfillment from your work!

I love this tutoring job

Great and easy way to make additional income helping postgrad students in class rooms and computer labs. Helpful lecturer and colleagues. Supportive team members. Nice environment in central Melbourne CBD.

25 November 2019
Hey there- thanks for leaving this review! We're so pleased you had a great experience working here!

Excellent experience with great people

This is a brilliant opportunity to learn new skills whilst having amazing fun and being involved in media production, that may potentially be screened on C31 or other channels (eg. Foxtel)

Pros

Great experience

Organised

I was happy with the management, environment and salary. If I had a chance to stay at RMIT University for a longer time, I would definitely take it. I hope I can find a similar place to work there in the close future.

6 October 2019
Hi there. It’s great to hear that you loved working at RMIT. Be on the lookout for new job postings as we post often on our Career hub or career page listing https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers. You can also sign up for our regular news letters to stay in the loop.

Great Colleagues

I find staff very helpful, even though it is a very busy workplace. Great teamwork. Would not hesitate to advise others to work here. Have to show initiative or be left behind.

Great Place to work as a volunteer

Being a volunteer at RMIT helps you to learn a lot of things about how the things work in Australia. It helps international students to get a better idea of the Australian culture.

Fun work with my colleague

It was fun working at RMIT especially its location where is in heart of the city. Most of the academic contracts are casual in which makes it hard to feel secure of the job.

productive and learn new things

got to learn and experience different cultures and at different ages. the hardest thing about the job was to understand different cultures and langauges.

Pros

helping students

Cons

Travelling far distance

So sad to leave RMIT

Every day was fun and a challenge, and RMIT helped me grow so much in my abilities and confidence. Always plenty of PD to undertake, and friendly staff, academic and administrative, and students with whom I could relate.

Pros

So many facilities, cafes, shops, New Academic Street

Cons

They retrencheed Admin Assistant roles (HEW4)

Still caught in the 50s

There are some fantastic people there. The portfolio I worked in lacked leadership from the top down. People management and professional development in particular was poor. The group did not exhibit the values it publishes. There did not seem to be a focus/commitment on where the organisation is heading.

Pros

salary

Cons

lack of leadership, poor people management, lack of consistency

Exciting project, reinvogorating the CBD Campus

An amazing project, delivering the New Academic Street redevelopment project to the campus community. New, brave and exciting a great team environment

Nice enviroment - Profesional management

Working during night sometimes can be hard, but cleaning for GJK at RMIT University is a good experience since I could show my skills and knoledge. I could teach others how to do things well, and how important is stay alert at every single detail.

Pros

Good payment - Friendly staff and supervisors

Cons

No smoko.

great place

great place love the worklife balance flexibility and friendly staff. people were really open and helpful with a geniune intend to help and grow. a bit political place but overall great place to work

Workplace bullying is prominent.

Senior Management in the College of Business are probably the most unprofessional people I had the mispleasure of working for. All trying to outdo each other and making it unbearable for those working for them. Other areas of the University seem to be a much nicer environment.

Pros

Nice rooftop area for staff

Cons

Toxic working environment

Great people

As a large organisation RMIT can provide some different experiences. The majority of my time at RMIT was very fulfilling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare RMIT University with