RMIT University

Research Fellow4 reviews
Australia4 reviews

3.7Job Security & Advancement

Productive and Supportive Culture for researchers

Work with an independent attitude in a good atmosphere with supportive supervisors managers. I learnt a lot there, in both academic and culture. Facilities are fully provided.

Post Doctoral Research Scholar in Environmental Biotechnology with 2 years experience in RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia

As a postdoctoral research fellow at RMIT University,I have developed new skills in the laboratory as an independent researcher which has led to me gaining skills in project development, including supervision and directing others. Also working in the area of bioremediation, I have interacted with industry and government agencies. The research that I have been involved has always been milestone-led with expected times and dates for outcomes to be delivered, which I have always adhered to. Milestones were discussed in regular meetings and interactions between the groups always helped to meet the deadlines during the course of the project.

RMIT University

Pretty unhappy in this job. Research fairly uninteresting. Staff not particularly helpful or friendly. Not a great deal of job satisfaction.

Good

Learned how to independently establish a bioinformatic pipeline. Learned about the super computing. Helped Ph. D. student to design their Ph.D. work plan and manage their work. I am only postdoc in the group and three Ph. D. students. One is directly associated with me. Need to learn everything about the big data analysis without the help of good bioinformatic expert.

Pros

Lots of workshops for career development

Cons

lack good collaboations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare RMIT University with