RMIT University

Tutor6 reviews
Australia6 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Productive and reasonable

Excellent and corporative, I learned teamwork environment and diversity at workplace and the most enjoyable part of the job was cooperative and flexible

Pros

Accessiable and nearest places' for lunche

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Network is much stronger than capabilities.

When you get the position, you're almost secure for your life. There is not a proper performance assessment. Try to build your network here as bands play a very important role in promotions and getting projects.

Official response from RMIT University

9 March 2020
Hi there, thanks for the review! You're right - and the Capability Framework is currently being worked on for all Permanent and Fixed Term staff. It's encouraged that managers also offer performance reviews with casual staff. We suggest you get in touch with HR Assist so we can help you gain access to the portal. Cheers!

I love this tutoring job

Great and easy way to make additional income helping postgrad students in class rooms and computer labs. Helpful lecturer and colleagues. Supportive team members. Nice environment in central Melbourne CBD.

Official response from RMIT University

25 November 2019
Hey there- thanks for leaving this review! We're so pleased you had a great experience working here!

Very friendly and professional

Very friendly and professional environment with good support for students and staff. Every year review the coursed to make sure give proper and high quality education.

A very challenging work place

Very supportive, fun and positively challenging work place. With opportunities for professional development and career advancement.With a good working culture.

Pros

career development

Cons

Good

Hours can be long, sometimes starting at 8:30 with three tutorials in a day. Work with a great bunch of people. Work is difficult to come across.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare RMIT University with

• RMIT University
  • Tutor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?