RMIT University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

RMIT University Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia120 reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance
4.0Pay & Benefits

Productive and fun working place. Staff are free to dress casually to suit their comfort. Excellent organizational behavior.

I enjoyed my time working at RMIT university. The managers were helpful in making me welcome. I made a lot of friends. Work life balance was the organizational culture. Tasks were clearly explained by my managers whenever needed. Overall, I will return to RMIT if given another opportunity. Also, I will recommend anyone to work at this organization because its a stepping stone to higher career prospects.

Pros

Sick leave, annual leave, long holiday during Christmas

Cons

Salary was not competitive then. Not sure the current situation.

Good salary. Management is horrible. I don't have my allocated desk till graduate.

Good salary. Management staff are not that friendly. Management is horrible. I don't have my allocated desk till graduate. Too many PHD compulsory courses.

Productive and reasonable

Excellent and corporative, I learned teamwork environment and diversity at workplace and the most enjoyable part of the job was cooperative and flexible

Pros

Accessiable and nearest places' for lunche

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Fun place to work. People are really kind and helpful

Every day ends up being productive in some way or the other. People are really kind and always ready to help. There is hardly any communication barrier among the colleges. They treat you equally and give equal importance to your opinions and suggestions.

Pros

Free lunches. Free beers once in a week

Cons

sometimes its long hours

12 October 2020
Nothing like the staff of RUSU! You're all incredible! Thank you for leaving this review- we appreciate it!

Good Place to work

Pros: Good comparative salary Paid public holidays Good environment to work Cons: Management sometimes is very aloof Hard to get promotions even after years of work

Productive and Rewarding

Solid job for a full time student. Paid work outside of seasons for creation of material, maximum one hour. All other time spent independently working on material above an our was not paid.

8 December 2019
Hey there - thanks for leaving a review on how you balanced work and being a full time student!

Very Predictive hard working, extremely beneficial work environment

RMIT has been an extremely beneficial hard working environment. i learned how to perform under stress of being live. the management is very respectable and productive.

Pros

Productive, respectable, beneficial

Fun workplace

RMIT is a nice place to work. Managers treat the staff fairly. They created a positive environment to work. Salary is reasonable. Managers give you training and help you to improve your work.

Pros

Management is quite good.

Cons

All good.

6 October 2019
Hi there. Thank you so much for giving us feedback on your experience with us. It’s great that you enjoyed our working environment. We do too!

Organised

I was happy with the management, environment and salary. If I had a chance to stay at RMIT University for a longer time, I would definitely take it. I hope I can find a similar place to work there in the close future.

6 October 2019
Hi there. It’s great to hear that you loved working at RMIT. Be on the lookout for new job postings as we post often on our Career hub or career page listing https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers. You can also sign up for our regular news letters to stay in the loop.

Good pay, good work life balance

- Need to focus more on improving and/or add more critical course contents to truly become an outstanding university. - Good compensation - Good working balance - Lack of advancement opportunities - Convenient location: City center

Lot of pressure

Lot of pressure Not Australian type of Management Good workplace, nice environment, good technical and IT background Nice, kind, professional group of colleagues

Pros

Good work environment

Still caught in the 50s

There are some fantastic people there. The portfolio I worked in lacked leadership from the top down. People management and professional development in particular was poor. The group did not exhibit the values it publishes. There did not seem to be a focus/commitment on where the organisation is heading.

Pros

salary

Cons

lack of leadership, poor people management, lack of consistency

Productive and fun workplace

Being the makeup artist for RMIT University was a fantastic experience for me. I'd recommend it for anyone, whom wants to get great experience in makeup.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

salary

productive and fast speeding work environment

Fast speed and busy work environment. Great culture Great management staff are friendly great benefits continues learning and training

The job provides interesting and challenging works

Excellent working environment and interesting people around the school and colleges. They have over 500 IT works with annual turnover 1 billion dollars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• RMIT University
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?