RMIT University
View all RMIT University reviews

RMIT University

RMIT University Employee Review

Terrible management with rampant nepotism

Certain managers think they rule your life and do everything to make you feel miserable. No understanding and no support, just demands and unrealistic expectations. My previous manager at RMIT was fantastic but she left, so I got stuck with horrible management when I switched to a different department. Full of self-importance and attacks technically skilled people because of their lack of understanding.

Pros

Location, hours, lenient on remote working

Cons

Horrible horrible management

Fun

Everyone is friendly and the work environment is very safe and comfortable. The team is very helpful and everyone is willing to support one another. Each volunteer gets a turn for breaks, they provided the food and drinks (dietary requirements options available). Overall a very pleasant experience.
Same location

Fun but a lot of re-work and not getting much done

Too much work in convincing rather than doing. Some great people, some good ideas, some really exciting opportunities just takes a lot of time to see things come to life.

Productive and fun place

Had a good team/manager helping me in my journey. Learned a lot of new skills and improved my current ones. Management help and support you at all times and always on hand for questions

Pros

management

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare RMIT University with

• RMIT University
  • Terrible management with rampant nepotism
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?