RMIT University
View all RMIT University reviews

RMIT University

RMIT University Employee Review

Nice people

Everyone is very helpful there. I always able to find the answer for my question from my workmate or manager. Most of the people enjoyed their work and they are all highly skilled and experience.

Same roleSame location

Great Colleagues

I find staff very helpful, even though it is a very busy workplace. Great teamwork. Would not hesitate to advise others to work here. Have to show initiative or be left behind.
Same role

Challenging place to work

My typical day would start with checking emails and replying including preparing for the lessons I either have or will deliver in a day or two. Searching for the latest speeches and news can be time consuming and I always asked my interpreting students for feedback and suggestions on the specific area to focus in classes. My classes were inclusive and challenging for students as I believe learning environment should be that way. I also ran workshops with my colleagues, designed curriculum for core classes on note taking and interpreting techniques based on my extensive experience. I enjoyed attending seminar run by other professors in global studies but the downfall was long hours and work on weekend which had affected my work life balance. I really wanted to continue working in my position however due to TAFE budget cuts by contract was not renewed.

Pros

Free seminars and training

Cons

Same location

Strategic approach to developing work outcomes

Engagement with industry to direct real-life situations for students and research is imperative for successful outcomes. The autonomous engagement with industry to allow these outcomes whilst following strategic plans for sector engagement is a main focus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMIT University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare RMIT University with