Roads & Maritime Services Employee Reviews

Challenging
Work Health Safety Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Rockdale NSW12 July 2019
The RMS was formed on 1 Nov 2011 with key accountabilities of delivering new roads and maritime infrastructure to optimise safety and effective and efficient use. Also effective and efficient traffic management and use of the road network. The RMS is now part of Transport for NSW and aims to create a better transport system one that fundamentally is designed around the needs of the customer communities and economy.
Pros
Work Life Balance
temp position
Administration and Works Support Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Narrandera NSW27 May 2019
learnt a lot was only a temp position hence low rating in some aspects as i have no full knowledge. I was shown a lot and developed many skills to take into th future. I grew iin understanding of the businss side of things more than ever.
Nice workplace
ITS Analyst/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW22 April 2019
RMS is the centrepiece of a reshaped transport cluster. It is responsible for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to deliver improved Transport outcomes.
Good money but slow to progress your career
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW6 April 2019
Lots of short term opportunities available, not many long-term jobs. Office in Newcastle is nice, as is Tuggerah office - if you like ABW and not being able to eat at your desk.
Exciting and Dynamic Role
Executive Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Kembla NSW22 January 2019
Varied and interesting tasks
Fast paced environment
Excellent management
Great workplace culture
Working with a great team of staff that were there to support you in the role
Pros
Great environment to develop skills
Cons
Extremely busy environment
friendly, close to shopping centre and train station
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW18 January 2019
friendly envoirnment with different culture people.work varied so was able to pick up everything.Managment and staff went along very well.
The job was basically involved serving customers with taxi and bus licence and issuing yearly certificates.
It was the RTA
Customer Service Officer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 November 2018
It was working at the RTA, not terrible but nothing to write home to mum about. No complaints on my end. Had a great team, amazing manager and served friendly locals.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tough crowds
A great place to work with very proactive and energetic people.
Director Business technology (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW8 October 2018
A great place to work with very proactive and energetic people. The IT team was well structured and staff were from a wide variety of backgrounds - this all made for a vibrant yet cohesive workplace with a huge amount of cognitive diversity.
Pros
Well thought out approach to project management and competent staff.
Cons
The Parramatta location did not suit me as I lived near Hornsby.
nice work place
School Crossing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  singleton3 September 2018
it was a good job and provided for my family which was very nice... I worked remotely so had little to no contact with my boss which is always good as no one wants their boss sitting next to them
Nice place management very regressive
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 July 2018
Great working at this place until government outsourced all the jobs to private enterprise which now do less work for more cash which is sad for all the people who lost their jobs and retired.
Professional and highly skilled colleagues and staff
Manager Traffic Facilities Assets (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 May 2018
The RMS is a leading Transport Agency. It has always been in the forefront of Intelligent Transport System technologies.
I have worked for 16 years with RMS. This has been a very rewarding and enjoyable experience. I have worked alongside highly skilled and professional staff in Traffic Management, Road Safety, Intelligent Transport Systems and life cycle management of assets.
I have completed pioneering and innovative projects in ITS across Australia.
Pros
Dedicated work environment
Cons
Too big and unyieldy
lack of job security and projects in large numbers
IT Server Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  99, phillip street14 February 2018
Large project numbers provided an opportunity for a steep learning curve and greatly assisted me in managing multiple projects and team. It definitely instilled the confidence in me.
Work life balane and sense of achievement
Manager Financial Systems (Current Employee) –  Ennis Road, Sydney14 February 2018
Roads and Maritime Services is a great public sector agency. Appreciation and acknowledgement of good work has provided me with great opportunities to progress in my career. The agency has embraced technology and has always initiated projects for the well being of NSW public.
Overall a great experience
Maritime Development Approvals Officer (Current Employee) –  Rozelle NSW & Parramatta NSW22 January 2018
Only employed for 6 months on contract but gained a wealth of knowledge of policy and legislation to do with Environmental Planing and Policy as it relates to maritime development & construction
Pros
Cons
They go through temp agencies a bit fast
Senior RMS roles
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nth Sydney22 January 2018
Work is interesting and diverse and good Agency funding.

Is a bullying culture in some areas, and management is a bit odd/quirky. Most people are decent and hardworking.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bullying
Traineeship
Government Trainee (Records Management) (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW19 January 2018
my traineeship at RMS was fantastic i got to learn new and exciting things there like Records management and how to move records from place to place. i also go to do account and organised lunches for meeting
Pros
free lunch some days
Cons
hours of travel
Nurse Advisor
Nurse Advisor (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW25 December 2017
Employment through a nursing agency.Agency rarely showed it's face and was of no help in resolving workplace issues.
I was 1 of 2 nurses employed in a public service. Open plan office. I enjoyed the company of my nurse colleague and got on well with the non medical staff in general.
Extrememly busy with tight deadlines but work was enjoyable and very interesting.
I learned a lot and used my nursing knowledge to its maximum.
Pros
interesting work. Nice colleagues
Cons
no pay rise. no contact with employment agency.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Officer MA6 (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW21 December 2017
The most enjoyable part of he job was being able to be part of the team but also to be able to take on extra responsibilities. The culture of self improvement at Maritime was extremely good.
Pros
Everyone was friendly and got on well as a team.
Cons
Only 7 hour days.
Enjoyed dealing with customers
Driver tester (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW23 November 2017
I got good customer service skills and ability to work as a team , got offered good opportunities working at roads and maritime services. They paid very well and supported you
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Really no cons
Every day was fantastic. Beach views one week, mountains/hills the next. Very social position.
Senior Facilitator of Pedestrians/Vehicles (Former Employee) –  Kiama, Jamberoo, NSW19 November 2017
Loved working there. Only left due to relocation. It was a very social position, and the company was fantastic to work for. One week I was opposite the beach, and the next was surrounded by hills. The position I held meant that I was in contact with numerous people day in, day out, and helping them.
Pros
Working opposite the beach.
Cons
None.