Roads & Maritime Services logo
Roads & Maritime Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Roads & Maritime Services Employee Reviews in Parramatta NSW

Work–Life Balance

Square peg in a round whole

I was not really suited to RMS due to my inability to tow the line... I do not do political speak and would rather tells things as they are... really difficult when you are required to basically tell lies.

It's not a good culture. There is discrimination in the organisation. The organisation does not give any chances for growing your career

I would not recommend anyone looking for career growth, to work for RMS. They do not treat their employees fairly. When I joined RMS I thought, I would be given training and opportunity b development in my career. But in last ten years, nothing has been initiated by them.

Delivery Focussed

Okay; Work was great however it is time for a change to keep fresh and maintain self development through new opportunities and experiences. I am grateful for the experience ; however feel it is time for new adventures

Nice workplace

RMS is the centrepiece of a reshaped transport cluster. It is responsible for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to deliver improved Transport outcomes.

friendly, close to shopping centre and train station

friendly envoirnment with different culture people.work varied so was able to pick up everything.Managment and staff went along very well. The job was basically involved serving customers with taxi and bus licence and issuing yearly certificates.

A great place to work with very proactive and energetic people.

A great place to work with very proactive and energetic people. The IT team was well structured and staff were from a wide variety of backgrounds - this all made for a vibrant yet cohesive workplace with a huge amount of cognitive diversity.

Pros

Well thought out approach to project management and competent staff.

Cons

The Parramatta location did not suit me as I lived near Hornsby.

Overall a great experience

Only employed for 6 months on contract but gained a wealth of knowledge of policy and legislation to do with Environmental Planing and Policy as it relates to maritime development & construction

Pros

Cons

They go through temp agencies a bit fast

Traineeship

my traineeship at RMS was fantastic i got to learn new and exciting things there like Records management and how to move records from place to place. i also go to do account and organised lunches for meeting

Pros

free lunch some days

Cons

hours of travel

Nurse Advisor

Employment through a nursing agency.Agency rarely showed it's face and was of no help in resolving workplace issues. I was 1 of 2 nurses employed in a public service. Open plan office. I enjoyed the company of my nurse colleague and got on well with the non medical staff in general. Extrememly busy with tight deadlines but work was enjoyable and very interesting. I learned a lot and used my nursing knowledge to its maximum.

Pros

interesting work. Nice colleagues

Cons

no pay rise. no contact with employment agency.

One of the best state government who look after their employees.

RMS has attractive remuneration packaging. It has really flexible work hours. Service recognition awards. It has employee assistance program for yourself and immediate family members. Personal touches like weekly fruit bowls and birthday celebration. From there I have sharpen my skills with experience in a client service role, Quality assurance tester. I have got an opportunity to learn about more software tools.

Average

For the past 3 years there has been a change in culture and identity. It has it good and bad environments overall . I would work there again even if the last year was hard......

Great to build a new process

Great people and new interesting processes in development. New structure and changes will give new purpose with new faces building a easy to use system.

Pros

New challenges

Cons

Overall strategy not well defined

Fantastic people that assited and worked as a team.

Was a work place that helped each other with no malice and my manager was a great mentor. We all worked as a team to meat our KPI's and also celebrated personal milestones. Place that I felt we where contributing to the state of NSW and trying to make it a safer place that filled me with great pride.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Contract Finishing

Pretty relaxed and chilled but can get tough real quick.

It is relaxed environment. There wasn't much pressure behind the neck. Ample deadline time frame. Supervisors are really nice. Its an enjoyable experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roads & Maritime Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Roads & Maritime Services