Roads & Maritime Services logo
Roads & Maritime Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Roads & Maritime Services Employee Reviews for Electrician

Nice place management very regressive

Great working at this place until government outsourced all the jobs to private enterprise which now do less work for more cash which is sad for all the people who lost their jobs and retired.

The workers were great but management lacked the skills.

The typical days work for me was from installations, repairs and testing of various electrical telephony and civil installations. From working at the RMS i learnt a lot about working near and with live traffic whilst installing lighting and emergency phones and also electrical signage. My co workers were a great set of guys to work with and had lots of knowledge which i gained benefit in acquiring from them and also giving in return. On the other hand upper management were not so good but my immediate manager was to me an inspirational person with a lot of knowledge and authority against upper management. the hardest part was dealing with engineers who have never used a tool except a computer to tell us how we should do a job and 99% of the time they were incorrect in how the job was to be executed. the most enjoyable part of the job was for me working with a great team of guys.

Pros

Doing work which helped the community

Cons

Travelling in traffic and working near live traffic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roads & Maritime Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Roads & Maritime Services Reviews by Location