Roads & Maritime Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Roads & Maritime Services Employee Reviews for School Education Manager

Can be challenging with weather conditions and traffic. Parents and children and scool administration are happy to see someone at the crossing. Some crossings are better than others.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
Split shifts
I would not recommend anyone looking for career growth, to work for RMS. They do not treat their employees fairly. When I joined RMS I thought, I would be given training and opportunity b development in my career. But in last ten years, nothing has been initiated by them.
Had a minimal role with Roads and Maritime services where I worked on my own with little contact with anyone else from the department apart from a 6 monthly meeting with other performing the same role.
Very good very nice place to work and friendly. The staff are caring and friendly to. Children are ver good and caring and friendly to. Parents are very nice to me and very supportive to.
Pros
Split shift
Cons
Sun in the morning
it was a good job and provided for my family which was very nice... I worked remotely so had little to no contact with my boss which is always good as no one wants their boss sitting next to them
working as a school crossing supervisor is a rewarding experience, getting to greet children's smiling faces each morning is very uplifting, knowing that children have arrived at school safely each day. safety is important and is the main aspect of this job and being able to do this is worthwhile. greeting people and saying hello to children is one the best part of the job. Having other people to call on to fill your position when you are unavailable is also good aspect of this job. the hardest part of the job is being on the road when motorists do not obey instructions I.E. not stopping and speeding through the crossing. Being able to ring and report any hazards or difficulties is invaluable in these situations and management are supportive and encouraging in all endeavours.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
Checking worksite is safe for the children and getting the children safely across the road. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting people stopping to thank me for doing a good job n being pleasant to them as they drive pass to go to work.
Pros
just a good job
Cons
standing out in the rain and the cold in winter
Most enjoyable part iof the job is working within the community with the community.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a