Roads & Maritime Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Roads & Maritime Services Culture reviews

Good to work with, very supportive,Friendly co-workers Everyone always willing to help, Always something new to learn in each department Friendly/welcoming management & engineering team
Lack of direction and leadership clearly present within the organisation. Contract managers are not construction minded and mid to senior-level management, not present and or not willing to be flexible and provide some stability and guidance to the overall atmosphere and team. Too many young engineers in higher leadership roles and clearly out of there zone.
Varied and interesting tasks Fast paced environment Excellent management Great workplace culture Working with a great team of staff that were there to support you in the role
Pros
Great environment to develop skills
Cons
Extremely busy environment
friendly envoirnment with different culture people.work varied so was able to pick up everything.Managment and staff went along very well. The job was basically involved serving customers with taxi and bus licence and issuing yearly certificates.
It was working at the RTA, not terrible but nothing to write home to mum about. No complaints on my end. Had a great team, amazing manager and served friendly locals.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tough crowds
A great place to work with very proactive and energetic people. The IT team was well structured and staff were from a wide variety of backgrounds - this all made for a vibrant yet cohesive workplace with a huge amount of cognitive diversity.
Pros
Well thought out approach to project management and competent staff.
Cons
The Parramatta location did not suit me as I lived near Hornsby.
Work is interesting and diverse and good Agency funding. Is a bullying culture in some areas, and management is a bit odd/quirky. Most people are decent and hardworking.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bullying
The most enjoyable part of he job was being able to be part of the team but also to be able to take on extra responsibilities. The culture of self improvement at Maritime was extremely good.
Pros
Everyone was friendly and got on well as a team.
Cons
Only 7 hour days.
For the past 3 years there has been a change in culture and identity. It has it good and bad environments overall . I would work there again even if the last year was hard......
In this workplace, I did learn quite a few skills in the RMS. However, the job culture was poor due to the lack of assistance needed. It requires more activities set in order to make job life more enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor job culture
Work hard but worth it as you work for a great organisation with a great team. Given many opportunities to do higher duties and push myself. Never bored.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Not around anymore
A great organisation to work for, great team, great management and the most part I enjoyed is when I provide solutions to the user IT issues and make them hapy
Pros
Flex leave
Cons
No fast enough in advancement in technology
Was a work place that helped each other with no malice and my manager was a great mentor. We all worked as a team to meat our KPI's and also celebrated personal milestones. Place that I felt we where contributing to the state of NSW and trying to make it a safer place that filled me with great pride.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Contract Finishing
Target Australia is a great company to work for. I especially liked the concept of paying for a bag to try and reduce the use of plastic products however it is no longer in place.
I really enjoyed working for this company there was always room for improvement as a team player every staff meeting we had we try to get everyone opinion and take it on board . Feed back was a great help from customers that gave more ideas how we can improve so we can be service to public. I am people person and love working with people from different works of life. I have been a back born for RMS over the past ears i have got my self Silver Award which says i was the star . I used to do buddy training when new staff was added at the Registry
job satisfaction, team work and working autonomously is essential,management always approachable,great relationships formed between all staff, pleasant working conditions
The RMS was my work place for 25yrs, I learnt how to communicate with all walks of customers, the management were easy to talk to if you had any problems with customers and staff, My co-workers were the best, the hardest part of my job were the irate customers. The most enjoyable part of my job were the customers we saw on a daily basis, the lovely pensioners who would come in and always say hello.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Irate customers
It is relaxed environment. There wasn't much pressure behind the neck. Ample deadline time frame. Supervisors are really nice. Its an enjoyable experience.
Daily manage a team of busn and tech testers across multiple environment platforms and diverse projects. Managing these guys was a pleasure and they responded with outstanding results. I learned to blend the cultures of permanent and skill hire staff so no one felt out of place in the team. Team culture and professionalism was my main driving force. I enjoyed mentoring new staff members to ensure they felt part of the team . The hardest part of the job was educating our busn partners on our testing methodology. I overcame this by constantly keeping them in the loop via their project manager and encouraged an open door policy for them to see first hand the process and procedures we had in place to ensure a quality product was delivered. I have managed many exciting testing projects over my 22 yrs in IT with the most satisfying being the Over the Counter Photo Licence System where I developed the busn rules, constructed the test plans and tested the system which was successfully introduced in NSW in 1996.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Most enjoyable part iof the job is working within the community with the community.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a