Roads & Maritime Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Roads & Maritime Services Job Security & Advancement reviews

I worked for Hunter Asset. I worked up until I was 37 weeks pregnant. Due to a hip condition, I was on bedrest for 3 months. I was offered the option to work from home which really helped. The whole team was supportive and hard working. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with RMS
I would not recommend anyone looking for career growth, to work for RMS. They do not treat their employees fairly. When I joined RMS I thought, I would be given training and opportunity b development in my career. But in last ten years, nothing has been initiated by them.
Good place to gain experience and learn how our road network operates. In NSW road is King! Decisions can take awhile and the approvals process is onerous, but that's what working for the government entails.
Okay; Work was great however it is time for a change to keep fresh and maintain self development through new opportunities and experiences. I am grateful for the experience ; however feel it is time for new adventures
Its excellent to work with such a large organisation with varity of departments in all aspects of civil engieering and mostly raods and bridges. I worked 11 years with RMS and I learnt lot of road constructions works.
Great work life balance. Management vary, some are excellent, others leave you wondering how on earth they got the job. ABW environment is encouraged but seems actively fought against by most staff who sat in the exact same place every day. Hardest part of the job: is actively working without being distracted by personal life dramas of other employees. Most enjoyable part of the job: the end of year get together's to celebrate achievements do make you feel like part of something amazing when you see what everyone is contributing to NSW across the org.
Pros
Free parking on site
Cons
Lots of tech related issues with desks that didn't work at all and never seemed to be fixed
learnt a lot was only a temp position hence low rating in some aspects as i have no full knowledge. I was shown a lot and developed many skills to take into th future. I grew iin understanding of the businss side of things more than ever.
Lots of short term opportunities available, not many long-term jobs. Office in Newcastle is nice, as is Tuggerah office - if you like ABW and not being able to eat at your desk.
Large project numbers provided an opportunity for a steep learning curve and greatly assisted me in managing multiple projects and team. It definitely instilled the confidence in me.
Roads and Maritime Services is a great public sector agency. Appreciation and acknowledgement of good work has provided me with great opportunities to progress in my career. The agency has embraced technology and has always initiated projects for the well being of NSW public.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Roads & Maritime Services?
Only employed for 6 months on contract but gained a wealth of knowledge of policy and legislation to do with Environmental Planing and Policy as it relates to maritime development & construction
Pros
Cons
They go through temp agencies a bit fast
Work is interesting and diverse and good Agency funding. Is a bullying culture in some areas, and management is a bit odd/quirky. Most people are decent and hardworking.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bullying
I got good customer service skills and ability to work as a team , got offered good opportunities working at roads and maritime services. They paid very well and supported you
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Really no cons
Loved working there. Only left due to relocation. It was a very social position, and the company was fantastic to work for. One week I was opposite the beach, and the next was surrounded by hills. The position I held meant that I was in contact with numerous people day in, day out, and helping them.
Pros
Working opposite the beach.
Cons
None.
For the past 3 years there has been a change in culture and identity. It has it good and bad environments overall . I would work there again even if the last year was hard......
Good place to work with opportinties for growth and further developement Oportunities for further learning and professional developement Proactive environment
A great organisation to work for, great team, great management and the most part I enjoyed is when I provide solutions to the user IT issues and make them hapy
Pros
Flex leave
Cons
No fast enough in advancement in technology
- Great flexible hours (start between 7am and 7pm) - Great work life balance - Very interesting job - Every day brings a new challenge I learnt a lot about communication skills and all round office work as well as the importance of having a excellent relationship with internal and external customers.
Lots of opportunities for professional development. Working with internal and external stakeholders on a variety of infrastructure projects in Sydney is a welcomed challenge.
It is relaxed environment. There wasn't much pressure behind the neck. Ample deadline time frame. Supervisors are really nice. Its an enjoyable experience.
I enjoyed my career and worked with some of the best people in the field of surveying. Good conditions and opportunity for learning state of the art technology.
Pros
Working with professionals
Cons
Long days working as a remote worker in the bush and inhospitable terrain