Rockmans
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rockmans Employee Reviews

Australia71 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Fun place to work. Love changing the store around.

Work life balance is perfect for a parent. Only problem is the pay. They pay terrible. It may be base award rate but for a company of its size, it could afford a few extra $$ per hour.

Pros

Short shifts great for mums. Fun to work with clothing

Cons

Bad pay and u have to close the whole shop to go to the toilet as you work alone.

Worst company I've ever worked for!

The pay you receive is ridiculous... for the amount of work they expect you to do... it's simply not worth it! The company is run by a bunch of greedy Men. If you have any self worth- don't bother.

Terrible

Used to be a good company, present management have no skill and are running it into the ground.Think it will be all sold off if they find someone stupid enough to take it on

Pros

Cons

High pressure on sales figures, no support

Great staff to work with in store and lots of regular new stock arriving.

Great job if you can multitask customer service with all other store duties would work there again if the opportunity came up.Enjoyed wearing the Rockmans brand fashion

East job

Not a bad job for retail. Pay is award. Lovely staff to work with. Management needs to look at real world stuff. But not a bad job especially for mums returning to work force after kids go to school

Nice place to work, minus the upper management.

The people I work with in store are lovely. The regional manager and top manager are very pushy and blame staff if sales targets are not met. Some customers are a nightmare, treating the clothes with no respect. Leaving piles of clothing on the dressing room floor.

Pros

Good rates of pay

Cons

Casual hours.

They are so aggressive with sales

They threaten to fire you if you don’t do certain things right first go. Right after covid this happened , they don’t care about the employees they just care about upper management. They make promises they can’t keep and “job security” is ppt of 7 hours a week.

Decent workplace but lack of management

I was hired by the state sales manager as the store I was applying for did not have a manager. I worked there for 5 months with no manager and had to complete rostering and important file management myself. Once a manager was hired I lost all of my hours as there is a set limit for the store to work each week. Meaning I went from 20+ hours a week to around 10. I am a uni student and can’t afford to live with these short hours but the store can’t afford to give me more.

Pros

Can win free outfits if you reach sales targets

Cons

Lack of hours

Worst company I have ever worked for. Treat their employees badly and have no idea how to run a successful company.

Clothing is poor quality. You are expected to do lots of unpaid hours by yourself and no breaks. I would highly recommend that you don’t work for this company.

Pros

60% discount

Cons

Long hours little pay

very disappointing

i was with rockmans for 15 years. at first it was a good company but now it has changed. new owners and management have prooved to be nothing short of bullying, unsupportive and very stressful.

Pros

fashion discounts

Cons

demanding and unachievable goals

bad company to work for

the upper management puts too much pressure its store managers causing store managers to put pressure onto workers. work load is too much and always understaffed. i applied to be a part time sales assistant but did full every task under the sun that it for the manager. always understaffed so no lunch breaks or we have to close the store. often threatened with written warnings. was never told in my interview that i had to cover my tattoos but got in trouble cause i have to cover them. i was told they want to hire younger people to gain younger audiences but tell you to cover tattoos, take piercings out etc, no self expression allowed really. clothes are terrible quality, customers always complain and i personally have holes in all my work clothes just from washing them once. cheap and fast fashion at this point. it’s either extremely busy and you’re run off your feet on your own or it’s dead and you waste your time. wouldn’t recommend working for rockmans.

Pros

made a friend

Cons

bad clothes, work load too big, boring

Don't do it

I had amazing and lovely staff that I worked along and wonderful customers who I used to see everyday.This company needs to get its act together.The people that are giving all the orders need to go to the stores and work there for a week to see what extra stress they are putting on the stores by making sale changes so many times a day, but you shouldn't be on the computer but should be selling selling and trying to put out your 50 plus boxes a day that don't even fit in the store all by yourself I should add.

Pros

Staff and customers

Cons

Working by yourself can be lonely, especially with the extra stress head office puts on you.

Stressful

Positives -Friendships madeDiscount Negatives - The stock level The amount of store changes per day/week Limited staff hours Bullying that trickled down from the top Limited time for customer service No quality checks on clothing - a lot of faulty items having to be refunded/exchanged. No breaks on Sundays

Pros

Discount

Cons

High expectations and limited time

very demanding

no communication between head office and emoloyees...constant vm changes.. not enough working hrs to complete tasks ....low pay. no respect for loyal staff

Pros

good discount...lifelong friends in staff and customers

Cons

unreasonable demands...low pay...no appreciation for doing well

Managers are the worst, especially senior management

Worked here for a few years. Some ladies I worked with were nice and some totally horrible. You meet good and bad,. Developed some great friends with customers, some were just nasty. Wanted to leave but just needed the money. Only work here if you're desperate, they treat you like rubbish. High turnover of staff.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Long hours on your feet. Terrible pay.

The Store Staff were awesome

Over the 8/9 years i’ve worked with the various companies i’ve seen the company go down in the last 2 years. The upper Management are bullies. The term “Not Negotiable” was often used. The threat of Written Warnings also hangs over staff. They ask too much of staff and give very little back. The quality of their product has turned to cheap rubbish.

Pros

My Manager was lovely. Staff discount

Cons

Everything else that goes with the job

Very stressful place to work

The staff werent very friendly and Im a real peoples person have been in retail all my life the manager scared me and I was older than her...she made me cry and feel stupid...stressful selling specially selling add ons eg. (Do you want fries with that in my case how about a belt how about a jacket or cardigan .) Customers found that very pushy. Also have to buy and wear their clothes to work got a good discount snd their clothes are nice. I stuck out the three month trial then I said job not for me you should enjoy going to work I did not.

Pros

Good discount on clothes

Cons

Pushy sales

Horrible company to work for.

I was employed as a casual at Rockmans, my manager was a lovely lady . The management did not care about us. All they cared about was ADS, budget, push push push. It was horrible. So much stock to get out, I literally worked my butt off every shift doing that. Apparently I didn’t sell enough as my ADS wasn’t high enough. Didn’t matter how much physically I did it was all about money. The owners are just greedy going too big too soon buying so many companies, then they couldn’t get the expected returns. A disgrace really, very hurtful. Made me feel useless. Even the area manager had no compassion for anyone. Your just an ID number Sell sell sell push push push, not a good place to work. Miss my work colleagues tho. Steer clear of this company

Pros

60% staff disxount

Cons

Being made feel your never good enough

Make unsafe demands of staff during COVID times

It used to be a great place to work but company has gone down in quality and how it treats staff over the last 9 months.They took away all benefits and bonuses, micro manage, will not offer help and support when asked and the CEO has even lied to staff and been caught out.More stores will close in the new year as they have only applied to keep jobkeeper until end of December and then will proceed to close stores.

Enjoyed working there but not enough hours or pay to support myself and my mortgage so leftd For another job with more hours and better pay . Great staff

Pros

Nice staff to wrk with . Always something to do

Cons

Not enough staff when need for sick days and leave.. only doing 3-4 hours a day and getting 20$ a hr

Bullying company culture

DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU'RE AFTER A SERIOUS CAREER as there is no career advancement / personal development opportunities here.Area Manager was a handful. I had lots of feedback and was genuinely passionate about my job, my store that I was assigned to manage; however all my communication/feedback to the area manager just got lost in the myriads of double-handling, ineffective, time-wasting, bottom-dollar-focus management methods.Area manager was a bully.Head Office won't listen to you.Do not work here.

Pros

Good supportive staff

Cons

Bad company culture/upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockmans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Rockmans