Rockmans
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rockmans Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at rockmans, I loved retail, I enjoy it a lot ilearnt alot thru my manager my manager was great I have left the company and am still in contact with her.
Pros
Discount retail
Cons
There is slot of sale changes weekly
The staff werent very friendly and Im a real peoples person have been in retail all my life the manager scared me and I was older than her...she made me cry and feel stupid...stressful selling specially selling add ons eg. (Do you want fries with that in my case how about a belt how about a jacket or cardigan .) Customers found that very pushy. Also have to buy and wear their clothes to work got a good discount snd their clothes are nice. I stuck out the three month trial then I said job not for me you should enjoy going to work I did not.
Pros
Good discount on clothes
Cons
Pushy sales
It used to be a great place to work but company has gone down in quality and how it treats staff over the last 9 months.They took away all benefits and bonuses, micro manage, will not offer help and support when asked and the CEO has even lied to staff and been caught out.More stores will close in the new year as they have only applied to keep jobkeeper until end of December and then will proceed to close stores.
DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU'RE AFTER A SERIOUS CAREER as there is no career advancement / personal development opportunities here.Area Manager was a handful. I had lots of feedback and was genuinely passionate about my job, my store that I was assigned to manage; however all my communication/feedback to the area manager just got lost in the myriads of double-handling, ineffective, time-wasting, bottom-dollar-focus management methods.Area manager was a bully.Head Office won't listen to you.Do not work here.
Pros
Good supportive staff
Cons
Bad company culture/upper management
The only perk being the clothing discounts however bullied into spending most of wage on clothes . Once your purchases stop then so do your hours . Underpaid the entire time I worked there . Not paid for Sunday at proper rate . High turnover in Dubbo . Manger has problems no wonder no one stays long . Don’t apply go where you are appreciated.
Stores need to be supplied stock for the size of the store. Higher management need to listen when it comes to what stores need. Stores that are showing a loss, regionals need to pass feedback on as to what their store managers are saying about the issues.
Cons
Over stocked store. Graded to high for a small store
This was an iconic Australian brand until Noni B bought it and turned it into a high volume very low quality product. The most bullying company I have ever work for. Very unreasonable expectations to perform enormous workloads. No lunch breaks on Sunday shifts or public holidays when working alone in small stores. Had to urinate in a bucket out back on several occasions because you can't get the store closed in time to get to the bathroom. Got 5 minutes notice of redundancy when they decided to cut all assistant store manager roles across all brands. thanks for nothing
This Company needs address the bullying that is happening in qld State Management. Have nothing positive to say about this Company except worked instore with some other lovely Ladies that have also left for the same reason
Cons
Always treated like a number and pushed to do outrageous tasks Constant store changes, average 2 a day and always expected when your on your own Company has no idea on how to work with customers Very difficult to enjoy your day
This was a wonderful company to work for when owned by pretty girl fashion group. Working for Rockmans was my dream job because I had been wearing the brand since 1979. I learned how to run a busy store, roster the staff, merchandise the stock and juggle huge workloads. The management was positive and supportive. Then NoniB took over and the micromanaging and bullying began. Constant VM changes meant redoing the shop sometimes twice a day. Staff cuts meant working up to 12 hours a day to get the stock unpacked and on the floor. We struggled with bad internet connections for 18 months because the IT department would not spend $15 postage on a new cable. We were expected to drive to office works in our own time to buy one
I never actually worked at Rockmans, i did some volunteer work to better my skills and communication in a retail environment which is exactly what I did.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
I worked for 5months in this store except for the two staff members I worked with that were great. The Manager is a Vile woman. And has no compassion for her staff, or the store, let alone customers. I can not work somewhere where the manager is so rude to customers. I left due to not enough hours. Never got to have break. But Manager always wondering off.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Manager was foul
Busy, but rewarding. Great team members.. Hardest part of the job is setting up for sale, but if you follow the procedure you will be fine. I learned great customer service .
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
A typical day at work included customer service, restocking, cleaning duties and facing the store. It was a very beneficial working environment, as it provided experience within retail, KPIs targets and customer service training. The workplace and staff were always friendly and through the shift there was lighthearted banter to keep up a friendly and inviting space for customers and staff alike. The most enjoyable parts of the job was both the customer service aspects and working in a retail role (clothing).
Pros
Multiple weekly shifts, friendly and energetic workplace
Cons
Sporadic working hours
I had a great experience at Rockmans and advanced quickly to Assistant Manager and Store Manager with promises to go further. Noni B group took over and it became a nightmare. Stock levels out of control and no end in sight. They just pile it on every week. Back rooms overstocked. Falls on deaf ears. Stock quality gone downhill, so patterned and cheap material and hard to sell. Sales pressure through the roof and no tasks between 10am-3pm everyday (when do you do your stock and other tasks?). Sometimes no tasks at all. It's impossible and unachievable. They expect the world and give nothing in return. Bonuses almost impossible to get and you only hear from management when you are doing badly. Do yourself a favour and do not work here. You will stress out and not want to get out of bed in the morning.
Cons
Rockmans was a very good place to work, The employers were very nice and friendly, and the customers were just as nice. They were flexible with their hours and had good benefits.
Unpacking boxes and merchandising. Helping customers with clothes and sizing. The people there are amazing and the customer service is exceptional. the hardest part of the job is adding on to the clothes when customers only want one thing.
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
Warehouse Shipments
If I didn't end up traveling I would probably still be here. Although it was challenging and sometimes tricky with customers, what retail place isn't? My manager was lovely and very understanding and helpful. The work itself was pretty straight forward and very flexible.
Pros
Located near good food and drinks, great staff, easy going
Cons
Could be tricky with no free parking and long shifts
I loved my manager. she was fab! but only 4 weeks into this great job the store was closed by head office. I am so upset. for the girls that have been there for years. and the fact this was my first job after 10 years. not handled well at all.
Pros
great team.
Cons
didnt last long.
Great place to work in. love my interaction with customers and learning something new each day. Love unpacking the stock looking at whats in fashion. Great feeling when you can help a customer.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
I have worked at quite a few Rockman store in Queensland over the years. I have always found the Manager and staff very easy to work with and making your work day enjoyable and fun. The customer interaction I received while working in the stores was the best part of the day. When new stock came in it was interesting and enjoyable to view the new stock and move the old "story" over and new 1 in. I am still friends with a lot of my past work mates and managers and actually have 2 past managers as refers. Learning new jobs and how the visual merchandising was conducted was also a excellent part of my day.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Rearranging shelfs
  1. Employee Reviews