Rockmans Employee Reviews

The change things too much far too much stock in store overcrowded.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland QLD9 March 2019
Cleveland Rockmans Manager is one of those, Its my way or not at all, certainly don't be better than her at something because it won't go down well. Likes to let you know she's in charge. NOT A GOOD MANAGER. Enjoyed working with other staff but they all agreed don't move anything don't make anything better because it won't go over well. If its not her idea she won't like it.
Pros
Staff Discount
Fast paced and team oriented workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD3 November 2018
A typical day at work included customer service, restocking, cleaning duties and facing the store. It was a very beneficial working environment, as it provided experience within retail, KPIs targets and customer service training. The workplace and staff were always friendly and through the shift there was lighthearted banter to keep up a friendly and inviting space for customers and staff alike. The most enjoyable parts of the job was both the customer service aspects and working in a retail role (clothing).
Pros
Multiple weekly shifts, friendly and energetic workplace
Cons
Sporadic working hours
Use to be great, morale so very low
Retail store manager (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS29 October 2018
I had a great experience at Rockmans and advanced quickly to Assistant Manager and Store Manager with promises to go further. Noni B group took over and it became a nightmare. Stock levels out of control and no end in sight. They just pile it on every week. Back rooms overstocked. Falls on deaf ears. Stock quality gone downhill, so patterned and cheap material and hard to sell. Sales pressure through the roof and no tasks between 10am-3pm everyday (when do you do your stock and other tasks?). Sometimes no tasks at all. It's impossible and unachievable. They expect the world and give nothing in return. Bonuses almost impossible to get and you only hear from management when you are doing badly. Do yourself a favour and do not work here. You will stress out and not want to get out of bed in the morning.
Very good place to work
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT20 August 2018
Rockmans was a very good place to work, The employers were very nice and friendly, and the customers were just as nice. They were flexible with their hours and had good benefits.
Productive and fun environment
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Warwick WA22 July 2018
Unpacking boxes and merchandising. Helping customers with clothes and sizing. The people there are amazing and the customer service is exceptional. the hardest part of the job is adding on to the clothes when customers only want one thing.
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
Warehouse Shipments
Not a bad place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston Creek ACT20 March 2018
If I didn't end up traveling I would probably still be here. Although it was challenging and sometimes tricky with customers, what retail place isn't?
My manager was lovely and very understanding and helpful. The work itself was pretty straight forward and very flexible.
Pros
Located near good food and drinks, great staff, easy going
Cons
Could be tricky with no free parking and long shifts
my team was great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC6 October 2017
I loved my manager. she was fab! but only 4 weeks into this great job the store was closed by head office. I am so upset. for the girls that have been there for years. and the fact this was my first job after 10 years. not handled well at all.
Pros
great team.
Cons
didnt last long.
love the fashion industry
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Port Pirie SA24 July 2017
Great place to work in. love my interaction with customers and learning something new each day. Love unpacking the stock looking at whats in fashion. Great feeling when you can help a customer.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Rockmans
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake QLD20 July 2017
I have worked at quite a few Rockman store in Queensland over the years. I have always found the Manager and staff very easy to work with and making your work day enjoyable and fun.
The customer interaction I received while working in the stores was the best part of the day.
When new stock came in it was interesting and enjoyable to view the new stock and move the old "story" over and new 1 in.
I am still friends with a lot of my past work mates and managers and actually have 2 past managers as refers.
Learning new jobs and how the visual merchandising was conducted was also a excellent part of my day.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Rearranging shelfs
Fun Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rundle Mall SA9 May 2017
Met some great people when working for Rockmans. Really lovely culture and opportunities to either work part time or advance yourself and climb the retail ladder.
Great Environment to be working in the fashion industry
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Nerang QLD18 April 2017
I enjoyed great days at work with great team members and a lovely environment to be working in. Great management, very considerate, understanding and extremely helpful and supportive in learning new skills within the fashion industry.
Work load was what was expected of you and coped very well. Not pushed into work overload.
Thoroughly enjoyed the customer contact and the one on one customer service I could provide. Loved having my regular customers returning consistently to view new fashions each week.
Great position.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
considerate flexbility
It is a lovely environment to work in, the staff are friendly.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gorokan NSW22 February 2017
The company is very well structured, the employees and managers i have work with over the years have been very helpful and are excellent with how they treat, help and train.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithgow NSW21 September 2016
Company is good to work for with great staff discounts. The people I work with are friendly and helpful. There can be opportunity to work your way up in the company.
Unsupportive management
PPT (Former Employee) –  Sydbey23 August 2016
unsupportive management , and poor wages , too much BS behind the scenes . Quality of garments poor, rude working environment, sick of customer complaints, (none about me, thankfully)
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Team work and being customer inspired
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballina NSW30 May 2016
Team work and being customer inspired.

Being a brand ambassador.

Understanding and achieving Key Performance Indicators.

Ensuring store targets are achieved.

Implement and maintain visual merchandising concepts and standards.

Deliver excellent customer service.
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2016
Moderately busy days.
Learnt cash handling and stock handling.
Co workers were very helpful and co operative.
Hardest part was to reach the target when it was not very busy.
Enjoyed the company of co workers a lot
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours
Productive and friendly working environment.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bega NSW17 February 2016
I have not worked here long, however a typical day normally includes unpacking orders, hanging clothing, marking off invoices, making sure that the store looks presentable... and most importantly, ensuring that all customers receive excellent service through direct salesmanship, and prompt courteous service etc. The retail manager is particular in how things get done because she likes to ensure the store is always at it's best, however she is still approachable/easy to get on with. My co-workers are also very cooperative team members. The hardest part of my job is having short shifts which sometimes makes it difficult to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a good team, as well as assisting customers with what to wear. I have gained a better sense of style since working at Rockmans, and learned some better customer service techniques.
Pros
Overall excellent place to work
Cons
Not enough shifts
Fun working with fashion
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Northam, WA16 September 2015
A long way from home. With long hours. A lot of infighting with staff and not a pleasant atmosphere. It was a 2 hour drive each way and on my feet each day. Dealing with customers was great but the infighting amongst the staff was so annoying. Fashion was great but the rules were not easy to adhere to.
Pros
Great fashion
Cons
A long way from home
not enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenorchy hobart30 January 2015
Rockmans is again dealing with people witch I love, but I found that staff and management were not easy to talk too. I enjoyed helping people and stocking the shop.
Pros
People
Cons
management
Professional working environment with good team members and incentives
Part time sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakenham, VIC8 July 2014
Opening and/or closing of the store, visual merchandising and good house keeping.
Giving great customer service on the floor and at the counter.
Management training good and hands on. Professional and caring.
Team members were friendly and helpful and everyone worked together to reach and exceed targets.Overall a good working environment.
Opening of the stock and steaming it to go out onto the sales floor?
Gaining a good relationship with the customers and helping them to have a good shopping experience where they will leave happy and keep returning.
Pros
Relaxed with coffee breaks on short shifts
Cons
Only had late night and weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockmans. Our community is ready to answer.