Rockpool Dining Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Rockpool Dining Group Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews
it was the great experience, i learn alot from rockpool, and they teach me a lot, when ever i got difficulties, and the staff was friend and loving. i spend my almost 4 year in rockpool and i experience every venue of the rockpool, resturant was busy as well everyone was helping each other.
Gente de trabajo hermosa, una atmósfera de trabajo muy fuerte y ocupada, pero muy feliz de haber trabajado para este restaurante
Pros
Buen pago
Excelente empresa y restaurants, una compañía que te brinda mucho conocimiento y cultura.
They are best at their field. They have really good environment at work for employees and they serve costumers so well. I recommend everyone to experience the benefit as i did at rockpool.
- Bad working conditions
- Too mutch working pressure

- Low salary

- To many unpaid extra meetings on free days

If your are looking for a useless employer, Rockpool might be the right one.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Long unpaid over hours, Limited free food
The turnover for management was worse than the staff. In a revolving door industry this is a huge red flag for anyone pursuing a career at Rockpool...
As friendly of an environment that is possible in hospitality. Management was great at first but slowly spiraled as every manager quit or shifted away from the venue. No job security of benefits what so ever. but what else could you expect for a casual position.
I enjoyed my time at Rockpool as I genuinely felt like a valued member of the team. As I was only able to work there for 6 months due to my WHV, I was so sad to leave as I was really going to miss the team that I worked alongside. My managers were fair and considerate, and I was busy from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. The shift structure within our team was also ideal for us all and those with families were never given awkward times, and I was happy with my assignments. Any days off I required were always given (unpaid) without the risk of only being offered undesirable hours like some places do. In terms of job satisfaction, I left work each day knowing I had worked to the best of my ability and I hoped that came across to the guests I assisted each day.
The Leadership team were present and, unlike in other places I have worked personally, and from what I understand from friends and family, they spent a considerable amount of time with staff at all levels within the company to see how best to improve, become more efficient and effective, both for the staff and for customer satisfaction.
Room to grow but very demanding, not for people looking for good balance, Long hours, lots of hours, for a hospitality group of its size it should have a better work culture
Pros
Big Company with room to grow
Cons
Little Time Off
roster, KPI, manning, innovative company with possibility of promotions, team work as well as good communication with SLT's
australia wide expansion in progress
This is an Amazing platform to get a job .
Most of the people sign in and get job.

I have listened about This indeed a lot .it is so helpful to everyone who are seeking some job suitable for them
Cada dìa es distinto que el anterior lo cual te concede la oportunidad de aprender de manera más amplia el mundo de la restauración.
Good company if you're a favourite...otherwise no shifts. Some managers will help you out, otherwise you'll work 2 hours and then go home. Pay is decent (award level for new stands, enterprise agreement for old). Lots of visits from HO, some really strict people there
I worked work for the marketing department during the day promoting their nightclub and attracting more business opportunities. In the evening I would work as a bartender and could be sent to any bar within the nightclub. I was an adaptable team member.
Pros
Learn many marketing and bartending skills
Cons
Pay wasn't sustainable and hours were inconsistent
Memorable, I will always remember my time there. I have started as a Reservations Consultant but after finding the job not challening enough decided to move onto operational side in individual venues.
good place to work if you don't mind having a social life and getting under paid.
awesome staff. need to improve on management tho.

laid back environment.
Pros
free food for managers
Cons
long hours, staff pay full price for food, underpaid for about of hours worked.
Great and fun place to work, great work/life balance. Get to sample the various restaurants foods on Wednesdays too. Office is in a great location for travel. music on a Friday from the club below can be a little distracting from work, however is great for getting you into the mood of the weekend. Office was a little unorganized for me starting but, got there in the end.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesday. Great Location
Good company to build your career in hospitality. Otherwise, no good recognising your employees. Hard work with recompensation. Chance to meet nice people from all over the world.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
long hours of shift
The demand of the job, long hours and culture of the company requires workers to be tough mentally and emotionally to the point of exhaustion and depression.
Pros
Free lunches and 25% staff discount across Rockpool Dining Group
Cons
The group has a solid experience foundation in senior management, and in spite of what many say the group is very supportive if you hit your targets and provides you with every tool to succeed, you just need to deliver what you promise.
Leann to work as part of a big team, learnt communication an cooking skills, along with any other things. Great place to work. The culture of the work place was very professorial, yet approachale.
Pros
the skills
Cons
very long hours