Rockwear
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rockwear: 18 Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Decent

Sell sell sell, the managers and colleagues we’re so nice and it was such a fun environment to work in but a lot of pressure to meet sales targets and not a lot of training to “fix” the issue if you can’t sell what they want.

Pros

The People, the hours

Cons

KPI’s too strict

Amazing place to work!

Amazing place to work, excellent management and fantastic pay benifits! Lots of incentive to perform well and the company rewards you. Very generous discount aswell. Really enjoyed my time there, very friendly and encouraging team, can be competitive but in a good way (if you choose to see it that way) Full training provided which is very valuable to anyone wanting to work in retail in the future. Lots of hours for anyone willing to work hard!

Pros

Good pay & incentives

Cons

Having to purchase fairly often because stock rotates quickly

Supportive & growth focused

Multiple team members have been promoted to their roles from within the company. Head office is supportive & always looking for ways to make in store experience better for customers. Culture is great, everyone wants to do well & help each other out. Competitive sales environment however everyone works together as a team and helps each other.

Pros

Internal promotion/growth, supportive environment, commission, staff discount across RAG brands

Cons

Slow with implementation of training materials, managers do what they can with what they have.

Awful

There’s no support. Everything is swept under the rug. Bullying and no one does anything , lots of other stores will tel, you the same thing. It’s all talk and no action. Say one thing, does another. Very toxic environment. Expected to spend your own money to make budget and if you don’t they get angry and ask you why you didn’t. The bonus system is good For doing super sales but it’s not worth it With everything else around you.

Pros

Good bonus system For super sales

Cons

Bullying and nothing done, no support, They say one thing just to tell you what you what to hear. Toxic.

Wouldn’t recommend

The managers were extremely unprofessional and catty. They are only focused on money and not the employee and were not understanding if you had a slow day, they would blame the lack of money made on your customer service abilities even if a customer didn’t enter the store for hours. I was hardly trained in the role and was expected to perform as I had been working there for years. The work environment was very hostile which was made by the managers and would expect you to fight for customers and put good customer service above everything else in order to make money Overall would not recommend.

Awesome place to work!

Was always fun and learnt lots of retail techniques. KPI driven work. Product knowledge is a must and 150% customer service!!! Was great pay and always working with a great team.

Great coworkers but always stressful

Got along great with my coworkers and had a lot of fun with them. Loved the generous discount and commission. However, Rockwear is very KPI focused and purely about individual statistics. It would be stressful trying to meet KPI targets but also provide good service. It also sometimes created a competitiveness between workers. Some days there would be hardly any customers coming in store so your personal stats are affected. Management would link the lack in sales to your customer service ability and not the fact that some days are slow.

Loved the Job - Minimal Hours

Great job! Great people and management were amazing. Had a great time working within the Rockwear brand. The hours are minimal making it not a viable secure source of income.

Poor Management

Working at Rockwear seemed to be a very good job at the time! Kind staff and a beautiful work environment. Customer service was always number 1 but management for these stores were very poor and the way they treat their staff is ridiculous. Favouritism was definitely a big thing and working around these people was just toxic. They care more about how much money they’re making then the well-being of their own staff

Pros

Nice people and awesome discount

Cons

Management, stress, bullying

Overall great place to work

Rockwear does empower women to want to do/be more but I feel that the cattiness that comes with working amongst so many women to be unbearable at times. You have to be very strong minded to work in this fast paced environment and working with set KPI's can be daunting and draining if it is a slow week. I love that Rockwear stands the test of time and have worn it for many years. I would recommend working here as I do enjoy most days going into work.

It was a casual position only and unfortunately I was only employed for a very busy period. While I was there it was a good place to work and I would have liked to stay longer and continue learning.

Glad that RAG took over

My time woth Rockwear had been short lived, whilst i enjoyed the work and it helped hone my distribution skills alongside my customer service skills, it did fall flat as only Casual employment was offered on a basis of covering maternity leave. Unfortunately i was let go due to at the time "i did not fit into what they saw would be the future for Rockwear" I am unsure if this was directed to the fact i was the only bigger sz12 woman working there at the time, or the fact i was Aboriginal. Would not recommend.

Pros

Early hours, to allow school arrangements

Cons

Casual only, chauvinistic (now) ex owner

All about the sale not about its people

Presented well at interview as a people focused company however when you hit the store the expectations to reach in most cases unachievable KPIS is stressful.

Great shop

Great company to work with, unfortunately a very fickle environment at times with not a lot of room for advancement. However, the perks were good - with staff receiving great discounts

Great Workplace and energetic focused enviroment

It was a memorable experience, a typical day at work was fast paced and solely customer focused. I learnt a great deal of product knowledge, management was organised and great to work with. The workplace culture was inspiring. the hardest part of the job was visual merchandising. the most enjoyable part was being able to be apart of a great team.

Pros

commission

Cons

not quite enough hours

Best job I've had.

Such an empowering vibe within the company. I really enjoy going to work every day. Commission incentives and a great staff discount. Proud to represent the company

Pros

Commission

Cons

No hours

Very quiet hardly any customers

Enjoyed working with the girls at Rockwear a great team environment. The days were very long as there were very few customers and the prices of the garments are expensive. Kept busy doing the cleaning and tidying all the clothes but many times we just stood there waiting for customers. I like to be busy when I go to work and enjoy my day. I do take pride in my job.

Pros

50% off discount for staff of the gym wear

Cons

Hardly any customers

good place to work great environment

A typical day at Rockwear would always be trying to sell to the customers while having a good time doing it. I've learned a lot from this company as it has taught me great customer service skills how to put the stock away correctly and mainly how to sell the product and accomplish goals and sales, my manager was a great person always helping and been busy, always doing things right and making everyone happy in the work place. the co-workers were fantastic and nice people always polite and up for a great conversation, easy to get along with and help out. the hardest part about the job was that I was always getting rude customers but ( customers are always right) so I just went with it and was polite and tried to be understanding. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and how much they helped me improve and how much confidence they gave me as I am now up for anything.

Pros

free lunches and great people

Cons

only $7 an hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Rockwear