Rocky Bay
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rocky Bay Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Rocky Bay is great if you do not have much experience or any qualifications in Disability Support as they will give you training before you begin work, and normally (although unfortunately not all the time which can really be a big issue!) there will be someone to help you out along the way if you are stuck. A job in the Lifestyle sector is great if you enjoy being outdoors and active as you are almost never stuck inside and are always busy with minimal paperwork.
The biggest downfall for the company in my experience is the management and rostering. Of course I am speaking generally and overall as some people are brilliant in these areas. But there are very often mix ups with shifts that employees are not informed of and in terms of management, especially the higher up you go, there is a great divide between you and your employer. But this is not something that should turn you away from the job, just something that one can observe, then easily gets over and learn to manage.

If you are planning on entering the Disability Sector the most important thing to know is you must be passionate about the area of work. It doesn't matter how good or bad your employer is- if you are not committed to the job it will be a bad experience for everyone. Your clients rely on a happy, motivated you to make their experience a good one. Entering into this field just for a paycheck is not fair to the people that rely on you!

So I would say keeping yourself motivated and in the best place possible is the hardest part of this job as it can be very emotionally taxing. But it is also an extremely rewarding
 - more...
Friendly and conducive environment, I learned a lot, very good and friendly staff, mentors and management. Everyone helps, did not find any part of the job difficult. I enjoyed helping people and interacting with colleagues
Large organisation who is aiming to be Number 1 service
Customer focused

Expansion ongoing

Lots of opportunity's for ambitious people for advancement in work.

One stop shop for customers looking to find a good service ie speechie, OT etc
Not worth the stress the accusations the pure blame and framing to cover up managements mistakes
Not enough staff to client ratio it's like being back in school
Employment was very good with Rocky bay
A lot of in house training provided

Plenty of employment opportunities both residential and in the community
Working with different individuals to help them live life to the fullest and achieve their goals was the most enjoyable part of the job. I had great opportunities to advance my career and upskill.
Working at Rocky Bay gave me huge experience in terms of doing things correltly and in orderly. It also gave me how to plan your work and moving on. The way things are in place for the cleaner to conduct the job is fantastic.
Pros
each new place is a new experience
Cons
long drive to the work place
I loved working at Rocky Bay as they help the disabled in all areas of life. I would enter receipts and reconcile the bank statements, I would enter invoices for accounts payable and accounts receivable and help out payroll.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Bay. Our community is ready to answer.
Rocky Bay Reviews by Location