Rocky Bay
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rocky Bay: 11 Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Overworked & underpaid

-Completely overworked with almost no support for any of the support workers-Not enough buddy shifts extremely hard clients with not enough information/activities or interests in their care plan so for someone new you have no idea what to do and feel extremely unprepared. -Management are nice but don’t help you - Don’t get paid nearly enough for the work we do and the things supports workers have to deal with yet the company are able do get new Audis every year.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Very overwhelming and stressful, not worth it

You become a number

Rocky Bay looks good on paper but due to the distancing of upper management to staff, that makes life working there, something you approach with trepidation & what is bad in reality. You end up being just a number without the feeling you have support whilst working with Rocky Bay clients. Gossip is rife, support nil and you walk out at the end of your shift, feeling like there is a dozen knives in your back. Very sad for the customers who supply the finances to pay you to be there. You want to give them your very best but most times your hands are tied. Wake up Upper Management, time to throw out the old and bring some new Managers and Assistant Managers in.

Pros

Good training

Cons

No support

Terrible company to work for

This company should be ashamed of themselves. For an NFP they still manage to supply brand new Audi's for upper management and throw exorbitant parties - all whilst many facilities still have broken and outdated equipment. They treat staff terribly, and staff members (SW) all have the same disdain for management, and clients/their families constantly complain about management & rostering. The management environment is toxic, cliquey, and unsupportive. No wonder your staff turnover is through the roof. The only good thing about Rocky Bay is the clients.

Pros

The clients/customers

Cons

Management, suspicious finance allocation, high staff turnover, toxic workplace

Conducive

Friendly and conducive environment, I learned a lot, very good and friendly staff, mentors and management. Everyone helps, did not find any part of the job difficult. I enjoyed helping people and interacting with colleagues

Good place to work!

Rocky Bay is great if you do not have much experience or any qualifications in Disability Support as they will give you training before you begin work, and normally (although unfortunately not all the time which can really be a big issue!) there will be someone to help you out along the way if you are stuck. A job in the Lifestyle sector is great if you enjoy being outdoors and active as you are almost never stuck inside and are always busy with minimal paperwork. The biggest downfall for the company in my experience is the management and rostering. Of course I am speaking generally and overall as some people are brilliant in these areas. But there are very often mix ups with shifts that employees are not informed of and in terms of management, especially the higher up you go, there is a great divide between you and your employer. But this is not something that should turn you away from the job, just something that one can observe, then easily gets over and learn to manage. If you are planning on entering the Disability Sector the most important thing to know is you must be passionate about the area of work. It doesn't matter how good or bad your employer is- if you are not committed to the job it will be a bad experience for everyone. Your clients rely on a happy, motivated you to make their experience a good one. Entering into this field just for a paycheck is not fair to the people that rely on you! So I would say keeping yourself motivated and in the best place possible is the hardest part of this job as it can be very emotionally taxing. But it is also an extremely rewarding -

Enjoyable when working with our clients

Large organisation who is aiming to be Number 1 service Customer focused Expansion ongoing Lots of opportunity's for ambitious people for advancement in work. One stop shop for customers looking to find a good service ie speechie, OT etc

managment

Not worth the stress the accusations the pure blame and framing to cover up managements mistakes Not enough staff to client ratio it's like being back in school

Overall a really good company to work for

Employment was very good with Rocky bay A lot of in house training provided Plenty of employment opportunities both residential and in the community

Good opportunities for advancement in career

Working with different individuals to help them live life to the fullest and achieve their goals was the most enjoyable part of the job. I had great opportunities to advance my career and upskill.

Work Experience

Working at Rocky Bay gave me huge experience in terms of doing things correltly and in orderly. It also gave me how to plan your work and moving on. The way things are in place for the cleaner to conduct the job is fantastic.

Pros

each new place is a new experience

Cons

long drive to the work place

Loved my accounts officer position

I loved working at Rocky Bay as they help the disabled in all areas of life. I would enter receipts and reconcile the bank statements, I would enter invoices for accounts payable and accounts receivable and help out payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Bay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Rocky Bay
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?