Rode Microphones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rode Microphones Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
Working for Rode teach me lots of new things. Meet new friends. Always busy and demanding.but i have to leave due to medical issues and i need a work closer to home.
People will not last more than a year. The ones who have stayed at the worst with a bubble and micromanaging mentality who thinking that yelling is the key to success. Unrealistic deadlines demand to meet KPI and a messy corporation where there is no defined process on anything at all, and good luck trying to find them as everyone will tell you that they "don't know" or "it is not my job". You will get stab in the back several times here with fake smiles when they need someone to fix their mistakes, and do not expect to be rewarded for hard work either as a tap on the shoulder is not enough when you are treated like rubbish. There is no cooperation as the level of competency is high here. Management sucks and so is most of this company. Glad I am not part of it anymore.
Once you learn how this company works, which is a lot, you will then look for a company or start your own business and do exactly the opposite as this place is just silly when it comes to organization, management and process.
Pros
Free gym, Coffee and few great people (most of them have left btw).
Cons
Poor management, process and culture based on micromanagement style.
The environment is so good. The work is not very hard but once you learn, then you can enjoy it. The working part of the person is individual. You can work freely with your own business.
A nice company to work for. Start at 7.30 finish at 4pm. I learnt how to run the warehouse and managed all the duties from imports and exports. Management were fair but not always around. I was the only person on the shop floor who's first language was English. My co-workers were Chinese, Vietnamese and Indian. They were wonderful people to work with. Hardest part of the job was coping with the Australian weather, it was a hot environment on the shop floor in the summer months. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting deliveries out on time and keeping up with the orders. working with my team.
Pros
fulltime employment
Cons
heat